Confirmed yet again: the USA is a fascist banana republic

Started by Mandingo, April 01, 2014, 08:59:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mandingo

America today has to wake up to hard facts - as reported by the Senate: it is now confirmed without a shadow of doubt - yet again - that the CIA is a bunch of unconstitutional, criminal fascist liars, cheaters, murderers and torturers.

A rogue state within a state.

Under the aegis of a 'Democrat' messiah president: Obama (in his second term!).

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/cia-misled-on-interrogation-program-senate-report-says/2014/03/31/eb75a82a-b8dd-11e3-96ae-f2c36d2b1245_story.html?tid=carousel

When will it dawn on Americans that they live in a banana republic? And have lived in a banana republic for at least a half century: since JFK's assassination.

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Mandingo

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on April 01, 2014, 09:59:06 AM
You make that sound like a bad thing.

Depends on your point of view: 'Christian' Republicunts are proud of it. Democrats willfully close their eyes to it.

Jason78

Quote from: Mandingo on April 01, 2014, 08:59:04 AM
the CIA is a bunch of unconstitutional, criminal fascist liars, cheaters, murderers and torturers.

I could have told you that!  It's practically their mission statement.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

PopeyesPappy

As if it was any different under Eisenhower or Truman or even when it was the OSS... You know, back when political assignations and espionage were acceptable government practices.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Mandingo on April 01, 2014, 08:59:04 AM
Under the aegis of a 'Democrat' messiah president: Obama (in his second term!).

Oops, your agenda is showing.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

josephpalazzo

AllPurposeAtheist

You make it sound like you're disappointed there are investigations at all or that no good will ever come of it so just throw our hands up and say nobody can ever stop it and it sucks so we might as well just lump it.
Check into just what a banana republic really is first though. I look out the windows and don't see the banana republic you describe here in Columbus.
I'm not saying anything the CIA did or even still does is great stuff so don't paint me as an apologist for them.  I'm not, but the fact that they are investigated at all and you're allowed to even write about it without your door being broken down and you dragged of to prison speaks volumes.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Mandingo

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on April 01, 2014, 11:57:03 AM
Check into just what a banana republic really is first though. I look out the windows and don't see the banana republic you describe here in Columbus.

Then you've missed thousands of cases of police brutality on the other side of the tracks, for as long as living memory. And you ignore the stark reality that over 3 million of US citizens are incarcerated in "the land of the free". By far the highest percentage of incarcerated citizens on the entire planet. Including even North Korea.
"The land of the imprisoned" is more correct.

QuoteI'm not saying anything the CIA did or even still does is great stuff so don't paint me as an apologist for them.  I'm not, but the fact that they are investigated at all and you're allowed to even write about it without your door being broken down and you dragged of to prison speaks volumes.

Seems you missed all the hoopla about Malcolm X, Assange, Greenwald and Manning too.

That's 'selective perception' for you. It's a.k.a. turning a blind eye.

AllPurposeAtheist

Yeah, ok. Got any more dumb shit you want to spew at me while pretending I'm blissfully unaware?

Mandingo

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on April 01, 2014, 12:25:59 PM
Yeah, ok. Got any more dumb shit you want to spew at me while pretending I'm blissfully unaware?

No thanks. Not necessary: you demonstrate it clearly enough.

AllPurposeAtheist

You demonstrate a clear misunderstanding of politics, perhaps history as well. But being butthurt that I don't throw up my hands in disgust isn't changing anything. The CIA has bad people in it, so do police departments. Our politics are rife with stupidity and self serving assholes, but I don't misread the nation I live in to describe it as a banana republic nor do I expect the CIA is going to just go away and turn over a new leaf.
Stop trying to read my thoughts dumbass. You're a dismal failure at it.

Mandingo

I'll bet your mother didn't teach you to use those bad words when you have no argument.

AllPurposeAtheist

Thanks for reminding me this site has an ignore button. My mother used bad words too and taught me to ignore morons. *click*

SGOS

The CIA???  Oh yeah, that was the outfit that told Bush, "WMDs in Iraq are a slam dunk."