Palin's BibleBlexit referendum-United States of God

Started by Mermaid, June 25, 2016, 07:03:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mermaid

Palin: “If Trump Fails, I Will Lead A #BibleBlexit And We’ll Create A United State Of God”

http://politicops.com/palin-trump-fails-will-lead-bibleblexit-well-create-united-state-god/
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

stromboli

Quote from: Mermaid on June 25, 2016, 07:03:25 PM
Palin: “If Trump Fails, I Will Lead A #BibleBlexit And We’ll Create A United State Of God”

http://politicops.com/palin-trump-fails-will-lead-bibleblexit-well-create-united-state-god/

This woman never ceases to amaze me. How she manages to get about and even breathe, simultaneously maintaining one foot in her mouth and her head up her ass. This woman can't even keep her daughter from getting pregnant out of wedlock, much less run a country.

Gawdzilla Sama

Does the cow realize that a red state is most often red because of a few percentage points in the voter base?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

TomFoolery

I'm not going to click the link.

Maybe I'm stupid, but can someone confirm exactly what BibleBlexit is supposed to be a witty portmanteau of?

Bible Belt? Bible Blooper? Bible Bloodofmyenemies?
How can you be sure my refusal to agree with your claim a symptom of my ignorance and not yours?

AllPurposeAtheist

Well it would make it easier to spell..somehow though chanting USG! USG! USG! might make people think it's the United States of Google..That's what my spell check wanted to make it.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Baruch

Just more Dominionism.  The recreation of the Puritan hell of New England circa 1680.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

"The former half-term governor of Alaska" :lolhitting:  I couldn't ask for a more accurate summary of her credentials.

Quote“I really don’t know why those tiny countries think they have what it takes to play with the big boys. I mean, they say Europe is the cradle of Western Civilization. If that’s true, than we’ve vastly outgrown that cradle, and it’s now time to chop it up for firewood,” she argued.
Dafuq?

QuoteI believe that the Bible Belt deserves to have full autonomy in every aspect of decision-making, which is not the case now.
That briefly was the case with the Confederacy.  Clearly, the decision-making ability of the Bible belt was not up to par then and has barely evolved since then.

Also, anybody else think it's weird that the right-wingers who wrap themselves in the American flag are the same assholes who talk secession?  It's like they don't even know they're walking contradictions.

Quote“The United States of God,” which, according to Palin, will be the name of the new U.S.-based country, “will be everything that’s right about today’s America and not a single thing that’s wrong. By that I mean to say that it will be a conservative country which will only recognize as citizens people who are Christian, who respect the Bible and live by it, and who are willing to remain celibate until marriage. It pains me to say that my daughter Bristol, will therefore, unfortunately, not be able to emigrate to this new state, but, alas, such is the way of sinners.”
:kiddingme::histerical:

I literally might die from laughing right now.

doorknob

Still think that over throwing the government is a bad idea?

drunkenshoe

She is offering to divide the United States of America into two 'countries' of secular and christian rule.

Kind of trying to dream that civil war never happened?

Probably she thought of 'BibleBlexit' after trying and failing to spell Brexit and got corrected on paper, staring at it. Naah scratch that spelling is too complicated for her.

I have no idea. She is burning oxygen and wasting space along with the orange creature.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

stromboli

I heard a rumor when she was born she came out feet first. Little too much time without oxygen, or something.

Baruch

A related point about Texit (Texas secession).  Per President Andrew Jackson, as well as Abraham Lincoln ... there is no legal way for secession, not then, not now ... not even for Texas (in the fine print of the admittance to the Union).  In the event of Texit, without legal secession, I would nuke Texas, and I am a Texan.  Secessionists should be deprived of their citizenship and dropped into the ME where their Biblicism can be maximized.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

SGOS

It's becoming almost impossible to distinguish satire from actual politics.  Someone writes something outrageous or stupid, but it sounds exactly like something Sara Palin or Donald Trump would say anyway.  That in itself should be cause for concern.

Hijiri Byakuren

Not sure if stupid... or desperately trying to stay relevant. Possibly both.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

SGOS

Quote from: Baruch on June 26, 2016, 06:23:20 AM
A related point about Texit (Texas secession).

It may work for Texas, but trying making a word out of "Alabama" and "Exit".

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: SGOS on June 26, 2016, 08:16:31 AM
It may work for Texas, but trying making a word out of "Alabama" and "Exit".
Alabexit.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel