Previous topic - Next topic

Blackleaf

"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Shiranu

Guess people didn't learn much from the Alec Baldwin incident, huh?

One of the major problems of the anti-gun crowd I think is that they fundamentally do not understand guns; never held one, never shot one, the closest knowledge they have of one comes from Call of Duty and Die Hard; I mean, you had people calling 5.56 a "large-caliber"... about the only rifle cartridge smaller than it is .22lr.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

drunkenshoe

LOL, yeah. Why does he feel the need to put his finger on the trigger? Why doesn't anyone warn him?
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Shiranu

Quote from: drunkenshoe on November 16, 2021, 12:30:22 AM
LOL, yeah. Why does he feel that need? Why doesn't anyone warn him?

I have no idea how he was not immediately dismissed from the court for that; "Do not point you gun at anyone" is literally the most basic and fundamental rule of gun safety... right next to don't keep your finger on the trigger until you are ready to shoot. He is doing both of those while having not checked the gun himself and with the bolt closed and ready to fire.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Shiranu

Blackleaf

"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Shiranu on November 16, 2021, 12:14:44 AM
Guess people didn't learn much from the Alec Baldwin incident, huh?

One of the major problems of the anti-gun crowd I think is that they fundamentally do not understand guns; never held one, never shot one, the closest knowledge they have of one comes from Call of Duty and Die Hard; I mean, you had people calling 5.56 a "large-caliber"... about the only rifle cartridge smaller than it is .22lr.

WTAF? I'd have been crouching behind the wood, if I saw this tool waving that thing around like that. I'm a certified firearms instructor (rifle and shotgun) and have served as a range safety officer for many years. That guy would have been ejected in a heartbeat.

Gawdzilla Sama

I swung twin .50s in a power tub for 2 years, three months, 13 days. I was trained by a one legged Marine Gunny Sgt. He taught me to respect the danger of firearms.

endfamilyfire.org
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cassia

Oddly, that rifle appears not to have sights. Little moron running around armed in a riot. What could possibly go wrong? We are living in an Idiocracy.

Shiranu

Quote from: Cassia on November 16, 2021, 12:25:16 PM
Oddly, that rifle appears not to have sights. Little moron running around armed in a riot. What could possibly go wrong? We are living in an Idiocracy.

I don't think that was the rifle Kyle used, his had a EOTech or some knockoff on it.

Now that you mention that though, I wonder where the lawyer got the rifle from; did the state loan it to him? Is it Kyle's gun, but with the scope and iirc flashlight removed? Does he have a friend who owns an Ar as well and decided to lend it to him so he could point it at the jury?

Now I just have more questions...

Mike Cl

I see the case much like a 'felony' murder case.  He was a minor when he 'defended' himself.  He should not have had a gun of any kind.  If he had been unarmed as the law demands, then none of this would have happened.  But since when does the right have to follow any laws?????
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Shiranu

Quote from: Mike Cl on November 16, 2021, 01:30:44 PM
I see the case much like a 'felony' murder case.  He was a minor when he 'defended' himself.  He should not have had a gun of any kind.  If he had been unarmed as the law demands, then none of this would have happened.  But since when does the right have to follow any laws?????

Wisconsin law allows minors to carry rifles; obviously this is intended for hunting and not self-defense, but it doesn't specify this so from a legal standpoint... he legally did nothing wrong by having the gun and that's why the gun possession charge has been dismissed.

Obviously not stating that's "right", but it is the law.

Shiranu

Mostly funny to me because I feel really attacked.

Hydra009

*pretends to not do somersaults internally when mustard or cheese has the french tricolor on it*