Muslim Mayor Of Rotterdam Tell Islamic Extremists To 'Fuck Off'

Started by FieryLocks, January 13, 2015, 09:30:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FieryLocks

QuoteThe Moroccan-born mayor of the Dutch port city of Rotterdam said in a television appearance on Tuesday that Muslims like himself who choose to live in the West should adopt a more tolerant worldview or “pack your bags and fuck off.”

The Daily Mail reported that Mayor Ahmed Aboutaleb was appearing live on Dutch TV when he made the remarks.
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/01/rotterdams-muslim-mayor-to-violent-radical-islamists-in-west-pack-your-bags-and-fck-off/comments/#disqus

Well done!
"To surrender to ignorance and call it 'God' has always been premature, and it remains premature today"--Isaac Asimov

doorknob

it's good to see that there are reasonable Muslims and not just nut jobs.

Hydra009

He's not a True Muslim.  True Muslims are terrierists, so logically, he's just lying to make you think they aren't.  This is nothing more than damage control and trying to save the public image of Islam.  Look up Takiyya, sheeple!  /heavysarcasm

pr126

Let's think for a moment.

If this speech came from a non Muslim, he /she would be instantly accused as being a bigot, hater, islamophobe, racist, xenophobe.
Is Ahmed Aboutaleb guilty of those crimes?

BTW, will this speech invalidate his life insurance policy?

Solitary

There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Berati

Quote from: Hydra009 on January 13, 2015, 10:00:12 PM
He's not a True Muslim.  True Muslims are terrierists, so logically, he's just lying to make you think they aren't.  This is nothing more than damage control and trying to save the public image of Islam.  Look up Takiyya, sheeple!  /heavysarcasm
Oh he's a true muslim and he appears sincere but he's still a hypocrite for condoning the acts but honoring the source material that encourages them.

If he doesn't like people who murder poets just because they insult Muhammad then he doesn't like Muhammed since that is exactly what he did.

Don't you think it's even a little weird that Muslims like him are scratching their heads wondering "Hmmm, why all the hatred towards cartoonists?"

Carl Sagan
"It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."

Hydra009

Quote from: Berati on January 16, 2015, 06:03:05 PMOh he's a true muslim and he appears sincere but he's still a hypocrite for condoning the acts but honoring the source material that encourages them.
So...you're not happy with Muslims condemning Islamist violence unless they're not Muslims?   :eyes: :wall:

Berati

Quote from: Hydra009 on January 16, 2015, 07:04:04 PM
So...you're not happy with Muslims condemning Islamist violence unless they're not Muslims?   :eyes: :wall:
Really? That's what you think pointing out the hypocrisy is about?
You're better than this Hydra.
Carl Sagan
"It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."

Berati

Quote from: Berati on January 18, 2015, 05:26:41 PM
Really? That's what you think pointing out the hypocrisy is about?
You're better than this Hydra.
Since you and Shiranu don't care why pointing out the hypocrisy is important I'll just go ahead and tell you in case anyone else is reading this thread does care..

This Mayor has told Muslims who are ready to kill those who insult Islam and don't respect freedom to Fuck Off.
Muhammad told his followers to kill those who insult Islam. Muhammed himself ordered the murder of those who insulted Islam. The Quran says dozens of times that Muslims MUST follow the example of Muhammad.
Therefore this Mayor has just told Muhammad to Fuck Off.

What message has this public leader just given to Muslims?
Actually, none at all. This is so messed up and convoluted that his message is meaningless.
The message he could have given that would be clear and truthful to the words he expressed would be that Muhammad's words are are what's wrong, and that he will quit Islam. What would benefit the Islamic world would be more ex Muslims (esp high profile like the Mayor), not Moderate Muslims paying lip service to freedom while continuing fully support the Man and his writings that are clearly opposed to freedom.
Carl Sagan

Munch

Well, yeah putting it that way of course, the biggest irony is having any Muslim trying to separate the extremists from their version of islam, despite the fact there is only one version of it, which teaches violence and bloodshed. Even christianity in its fucked up morality has the excuse of having multiple versions of the bible told to people, all with different levels of morality (being why Christians and Catholics fight each other)
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Berati

Quote from: Munch on January 20, 2015, 02:54:55 PM
Well, yeah putting it that way of course, the biggest irony is having any Muslim trying to separate the extremists from their version of islam, despite the fact there is only one version of it, which teaches violence and bloodshed. Even christianity in its fucked up morality has the excuse of having multiple versions of the bible told to people, all with different levels of morality (being why Christians and Catholics fight each other)
One of the big mistakes I see is people assuming the Quran and the bible are similar, and usually these people have read neither and know little of the history of each. The assumption is that they are both just magical accounts of life that can be interpreted just about any which way.

Lumping these books together like this is naive at best and dangerous at worst. It's the same as assuming that Adams Smiths Wealth of Nations is the same as Karl Marx The Communist Manifesto because they're both books written a long time ago.
Carl Sagan

Hakurei Reimu

You say that, but no one seems to be able to explain how they are different. At the end of the day, they both were still written by near-ignorant goat-hearders who didn't have the good sense to move out of the desert.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

Hydra009

Quote from: Berati on January 20, 2015, 01:29:55 PMThis Mayor has told Muslims who are ready to kill those who insult Islam and don't respect freedom to Fuck Off.
Yeah, and apparently, that's not good enough.  You guys want Muslims to condemn Muslim extremists, right?  Well, here you go!  This is pretty much the most anyone could reasonably hope for.

QuoteMuhammad told his followers to kill those who insult Islam. Muhammed himself ordered the murder of those who insulted Islam. The Quran says dozens of times that Muslims MUST follow the example of Muhammad.
If half the religious people on this planet followed every bloodthirsty edict in their books (Muslims hardly have the monopoly on that), humanity would be extinct right now.  Thank heaven for non-literalists.

QuoteWhat message has this public leader just given to Muslims?

Actually, none at all. This is so messed up and convoluted that his message is meaningless.
?!

The message was that Islamic extremists should fuck off.  How is that not obvious?  It's in the title. 

QuoteThe message he could have given that would be clear and truthful to the words he expressed would be that Muhammad's words are are what's wrong, and that he will quit Islam.
Yeah, that'd be great.  It'd be great if the Pope deconverted, too.  And I also want my own pony.

Berati

Quote from: Hakurei Reimu on January 21, 2015, 08:13:57 PM
You say that, but no one seems to be able to explain how they are different. At the end of the day, they both were still written by near-ignorant goat-hearders who didn't have the good sense to move out of the desert.
LOL How they are different has been explained about a million times already by me and others. The thing is, what difference will it make even if there are vast differences (which there are) if you reject the notion that different beliefs have an effect on the believer’s behavior?
I have a poll going on in another thread that discusses this very subject and I invite you to vote on that subject and discuss your opinion. If you disagree on this point then any of what I say next will be rejected by you out of hand.

However, I’ll go ahead anyway since this has basically become a hobby. All I ask is that you please try to understand what I say instead of just trying to oppose everything I say. For some reason you seem to see these disagreements as a battle of wills instead of an attempt to figure out what’s going on.

- The bible is a collection of writings spanning thousands of years with many of the authors being unknown, which was accumulated in many different locations.
- The Quran was written by one person over a 21 year period while he was conducting an insurgency.  This explains much concerning the actions of the many Islamists groups currently attempting insurgencies.

- The Bible contains many legends and miracles.
- The Quran is written in classical Arabic and is almost devoid of magic making it much more of an instruction book.

- The bible is written in two distinct sections with only one section containing stories of the central figure of Christianity - Christ. Many of the stories have unknown authors.
- The Quran is arranged non-chronologically by Chapter (sura) length and the central figure - Muhammad- is the author of it all.

The example provided by the central holy figure in each religion is COMPLETELY different:

Each group must emulate the founder. Christians follow Christ’s teachings and Muslims follow Muhammad's teachings. This is why so many Christians don't bother with the old testament while Muslims follow the rule of abrogation as set out by Muhammad in the Quran itself.
Here is an example of what I mean:
- The old testament says to stone Adulterers.
- Jesus said "he who is without sin cast the first stone"

- Muhammad said there is no compulsion in Islam when his group was small and greatly outnumbered by the unbelievers.
- Muhammad at a later date (when in power) said to force unbelievers to pay taxes, force idolaters to convert or be killed and so on.
- Recognizing he said two different things he told followers to follow his more recent teachings as the true instruction and he put this instruction several times in the Quran.

As you should see from this example, the bible goes from violent to pacifist and the Quran goes from pacifist to violent. Pretty big difference wouldn't you say?

As further evidence of this consider WWJD (what would Jesus do) vs WWMD (What would Muhammad do)
Here is long list of side by side comparisons: http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/Pages/Jesus-Muhammad.htm Please just take a few moments to review.

Here are some examples of how these different philosophies were expressed by these prophets.

- Jesus: Killed no one
- Muhammad: had hundreds of men and boys his men captured beheaded and had many women stoned to death

- Jesus: Raped no one
- Muhammad: Had sex slaves himself and permitted his warriors to rape women they had captured

- Jesus: Never committed pedophilia
- Muhammad: Fucked a nine year old

I could go on for awhile with this but I think the differences are pretty clear just with this.

I'll end with this:
- The overall emphasis of Islam is Submission. The word Islam itself means submission.
- The overall emphasis of Christianity is that we are all sinners and can only be saved by accepting Jesus.

Both of these are bad ideas. One however is much worse than the other for non believers.
I’m not in any way endorsing Christianity but it’s crazy to sweep these differences aside and pretend they change nothing and have no effect.
Carl Sagan

Berati

Quote from: Hydra009 on January 21, 2015, 09:16:32 PM
Yeah, and apparently, that's not good enough.  You guys want Muslims to condemn Muslim extremists, right?  Well, here you go!  This is pretty much the most anyone could reasonably hope for.
It's better than nothing but it's far from good enough. What I would reasonably expect is for decent people to reject a horribly violent ideology thereby encouraging other decent people to do the same.

QuoteIf half the religious people on this planet followed every bloodthirsty edict in their books (Muslims hardly have the monopoly on that), humanity would be extinct right now.  Thank heaven for non-literalists.
You should try reading the books first. See my reply to HR above.

Quote?!

The message was that Islamic extremists should fuck off.  How is that not obvious?  It's in the title. 
And the problem as pointed out is that telling extremists to Fuck Off while telling everyone else the source material they get their extremism from is the greatest book on earth is completely messed up.

QuoteYeah, that'd be great.  It'd be great if the Pope deconverted, too.  And I also want my own pony.
I'm not expecting any miracles. The western world has managed to grow the number of the irreligious to the low double digits. That's all I'd like to see from the Islamic world. It's going to be harder because of the more violent nature of Islam (which you deny) but apologists like yourself are of no help whatsoever.
All I suggest is that we encourage the truth.
Islam is not a religion of peace.
The extremists really are Muslims and really are following the spirit and intent of Muhammad's message.
Carl Sagan