If there is no God. Then someone explain life.

Started by g2perk, August 17, 2016, 01:00:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

widdershins

Quote from: g2perk on August 23, 2016, 12:44:19 PM
I agree with you on that one. But some here base there life on science. Science only gets you have way there. They need to take notes from Mr. George L.
Science is not a journey or a vehicle for transportation to "get you" anywhere.  It's a proven method of intelligent discovery.  Science does exactly what it is intended to do, help us understand the physical universe and ONLY the physical universe.  You do not need to take it with food or water, it is not half a tool, it is not one step in a staircase, it is the whole package for its intended purpose, study of the physical universe.  Religion is completely and utterly unrelated, not comparable in any way and completely unnecessary for science to achieve its intended purpose of study of the physical universe.
This sentence is a lie...

g2perk

Quote from: widdershins on August 23, 2016, 12:54:00 PM
Science is not a journey or a vehicle for transportation to "get you" anywhere.  It's a proven method of intelligent discovery.  Science does exactly what it is intended to do, help us understand the physical universe and ONLY the physical universe.  You do not need to take it with food or water, it is not half a tool, it is not one step in a staircase, it is the whole package for its intended purpose, study of the physical universe.  Religion is completely and utterly unrelated, not comparable in any way and completely unnecessary for science to achieve its intended purpose of study of the physical universe.
I agree with that. I never said it was not important. I just can't use it to better myself and become a better person. My faith is needed for that.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

g2perk

Can anyone of you show me how the bible teaches Hate towards others instead of love. What are those versus? You say you all know what it means so this should be easy.

g2perk

Quote from: PickelledEggs on August 23, 2016, 12:51:28 PM
Not sure if troll or actually that ignorant on what scientology is... and the rest of what you're saying.
Your slow today...

Hydra009

Quote from: g2perk on August 23, 2016, 01:05:24 PM
Can anyone of you show me how the bible teaches Hate towards others instead of love. What are those versus? You say you all know what it means so this should be easy.
Letsee...

2 Chronicles 15:13 That whosoever would not seek the LORD God of Israel should be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman.

2 Chronicles 19:2 And Jehu the son of Hanani the seer went out to meet him, and said to king Jehoshaphat, Shouldest thou help the ungodly, and love them that hate the LORD? therefore is wrath upon thee from before the LORD.

Pretty much all of Romans 1

1 Corinthians 5:11-13 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.  For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within?  But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

Titus 1:10-12 For there are many unruly and vain talkers and deceivers, specially they of the circumcision:
Whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole houses, teaching things which they ought not, for filthy lucre's sake.
One of themselves, even a prophet of their own, said, The Cretans are always liars, evil beasts, slow bellies.

James 4:4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

And there's a lot more where that came from.

Solomon Zorn

Quote from: g2perk on August 23, 2016, 12:40:46 PM
Let me ask you, were you always into science and wanting proof for everything around you.

Only when it comes to life-changing questions.

Now, have you ever even considered, with any seriousness, or honesty, that it is possible that you are wrong?
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

Mike Cl

Quote from: aaron2016 on August 23, 2016, 03:40:25 AM
Yeah, some people believe that everything was created with the hand of God, some think that it's the matter of evolution. And people have tried to find the answer for thousands years. I think the answer depends on your faith.
Aaron, you are wrong.  The answer depends upon what one thinks.  Faith is just blinding believing something--no thinking going on.  I don't 'believe' anything and think 'faith' is just a cop out for 'I'm too lazy to think.'  For example, I don't believe the sun will rise tomorrow.  I think it will.  Why?  I has from the beginning of this planet.  And it will do so tomorrow.  If not, then I'll rethink my position.  So, the theist does not think.  The atheist (among others), reasons and thinks about why they think as they do. 

And if you are not a troll, go introduce yourself.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Mike Cl

Quote from: g2perk on August 23, 2016, 01:21:01 PM
Your slow today...

It would be nice if you knew grammar and how to form a sentence.  You do type like you are six (and a slow witted one at that).
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

PickelledEggs

Quote from: g2perk on August 23, 2016, 01:21:01 PM
Your slow today...

you're* It's a contraction of "you" and "are"
As in: "You're going to be dumped in the troll bin after you get a few replies of how the bible teaches hate"

your is a "possessive" and used like this:
"I am going to dump your troll ass in to where we dump the rest of the trolls after a few of the members give a few examples of how hateful the bible is"

Do you see the difference?

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: g2perk on August 23, 2016, 12:34:57 PMNot everyone that reads the book understands.
When you get right down to it, any document written or inspired by a supreme being would contain knowledge and wisdom so profound that no rational human being could deny the value of its contents. This text would not be subject to different interpretations, as any interpretation could only detract from the document's profundity. It would also be 100% consistent with all scientific observation, requiring no faith to believe its contents. There would therefore be no religion based on this document since its validity would be so painfully obvious that no cult following would be necessary to promote it.

We do not observe this phenomenon anywhere on planet Earth. If any document on Earth was indeed authored or inspired by a supreme being, then based on what we observe we can only conclude that this being intentionally lies to us on a regular basis. Since this creates a situation where we either have flawed evidence or no evidence, the only reasonable conclusion one can reach for the moment is that no supreme being is in communication with humanity.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

g2perk

Quote from: Hydra009 on August 23, 2016, 01:22:08 PM
Letsee...

2 Chronicles 15:13 That whosoever would not seek the LORD God of Israel should be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman.

2 Chronicles 19:2 And Jehu the son of Hanani the seer went out to meet him, and said to king Jehoshaphat, Shouldest thou help the ungodly, and love them that hate the LORD? therefore is wrath upon thee from before the LORD.

Pretty much all of Romans 1

1 Corinthians 5:11-13 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.  For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within?  But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

Titus 1:10-12 For there are many unruly and vain talkers and deceivers, specially they of the circumcision:
Whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole houses, teaching things which they ought not, for filthy lucre's sake.
One of themselves, even a prophet of their own, said, The Cretans are always liars, evil beasts, slow bellies.

James 4:4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

And there's a lot more where that came from.
The first two are of the old testament and war was among them, and God allowed killings to take place to those who were trying to exterminate God's children. Understand this God had a plan and it was to send his son to this earth. God used the hebrews as the ultimate bloodline to accomplish this. So why wouldn't he protect his investment. But God still didn't teach hate.

Next all the ones you have written down are of the new testament. God teaches us not to associate, marry and a few other things with unbelievers. The reason is simple and logical. Unbelievers would try and manipulate believers minds and try to get them to believe in there own Gods. Example is The story of Sampson.

He teaches to love your neighbor. That doesn't mean you have to eat with them.

g2perk

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on August 23, 2016, 01:34:50 PM
When you get right down to it, any document written or inspired by a supreme being would contain knowledge and wisdom so profound that no rational human being could deny the value of its contents. This text would not be subject to different interpretations, as any interpretation could only detract from the document's profundity. It would also be 100% consistent with all scientific observation, requiring no faith to believe its contents. There would therefore be no religion based on this document since its validity would be so painfully obvious that no cult following would be necessary to promote it.

We do not observe this phenomenon anywhere on planet Earth. If any document on Earth was indeed authored or inspired by a supreme being, then based on what we observe we can only conclude that this being intentionally lies to us on a regular basis. Since this creates a situation where we either have flawed evidence or no evidence, the only reasonable conclusion one can reach for the moment is that no supreme being is in communication with humanity.
You seem to be a very intelligent man. Explain this to me. If we are created beings from whom were we created. No one knows those answers but swears that there is no higher creation. If we are a creation than something has to be the creator. Is that not logical enough.

Solomon Zorn

I think we may be picking on a person with a mental handicap. :surprise:
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

Hakurei Reimu

The supreme irony of all this is that in the 10th century, g2 would have been burnt at the stake for his "metaphorical interpretation of the bible" heresy. In the absence of science to tell them otherwise, the church interpreted the bible exactly as it appeared: to be 100% literal truth. That is, 6000 year old earth/universe, seven day creation, flood and all had to be swallowed at face value or you would be put to the torch. Although a metaphorical meaning could be extracted from the text to apply to your own life, what is described in the bible was taken as literally 100% cross-my-heart-and-hope-to-die true. Not "true for you" weaksauce â€" capital-T True, enforced with punishments and death.

Then the Enlightenment came around and ruined the party for the church. God, once the master of everything, saw huge retreats in his domain as science explained large chunks of the world properly. Much of what was once attributed to the actions of God is now explained by scientific theory which has no room for God. And the church fought tooth and nail at every step against this tide of discovery. Now God hides in the small holes in our knowledge, dreading the time that science comes along to mop up.

The bible, once held to be the absolute true and literal word of God, is now regarded as "metaphorical." Where the hell was this interpretation in the 10th century? Oh, right, it was heresy. Now that science has shown that the literal interpretation is not tenable, the faithful are forced to fall back on this weaksauce "metaphorical" defense, and I say 'defense' because that's exactly what it is: a defensive maneuver trying to weather the onslaught of a much stronger foe.

In any other endeavor, what happened to believers would be fairly called a "rout." In any other endeavor, it would lead you to question the basic foundations of your position. But no, the believers stubbornly cling to the faint hope of rescuing the veracity of the bible by this pathetic "metaphorical" defense. You, g2, insist up and down that you are right, and assuming you're not a poe, you have only one question from me: if your fellow faithful could be so confused about what is literal about the bible and what is "metaphorical" for centuries on end, and to make errors equivalent to saying that the Earth could comfortably fit in a tennis court, what gives you any credibility in saying that any of the bible is true? What rational basis do you provide for us to believe your claims when you and your camp have been shown to be so very, very wrong in the past?
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: g2perk on August 23, 2016, 01:55:20 PMIf we are created beings from whom were we created.
This assumes an intelligent creator applies.

Quote from: g2perk on August 23, 2016, 01:55:20 PMNo one knows those answers but swears that there is no higher creation.
You're assuming that simpler systems filter down from more complex ones. However, everything we know about how the world works suggests that the opposite is true. It's not that I insist there is no "higher" creation: there is merely no reason to think we should look for one.

Quote from: g2perk on August 23, 2016, 01:55:20 PMIf we are a creation than something has to be the creator.
If.

Quote from: g2perk on August 23, 2016, 01:55:20 PMIs that not logical enough.
Logic, like most things, isn't worth much in a vacuum.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel