If there is no God. Then someone explain life.

Started by g2perk, August 17, 2016, 01:00:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackleaf

Quote from: g2perk on August 18, 2016, 06:36:27 PM
Keep twisting words your going to get dizzy.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

Can you at least learn proper grammar before you come here and try to act smarter than everyone else? How old are you?
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

g2perk

Quote from: Blackleaf on August 18, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
Faith is a necessary element of religion, you moron. And faith is the very part of religion which dominates the mind, keeps it from thinking in ways that are destructive to beliefs. And you have displayed that quite nicely in your short time here, evading and ignoring difficult questions, making claims you can't back up, and generally being a brainwashed dumbass.
Really....faith and religion go together. Find that for me in any book. By the way you would not know about faith.

g2perk

Quote from: Blackleaf on August 18, 2016, 06:50:16 PM
Can you at least learn proper grammar before you come here and try to act smarter than everyone else? How old are you?
You thinking smarter. Cool.

g2perk

Quote from: Blackleaf on August 18, 2016, 06:50:16 PM
By the way you are answering my thread. If you can't handle it stay away.

Brian37

Quote from: g2perk on August 17, 2016, 01:00:30 PM
I can't understand when people talk as if they know there is no God or Higher power.  But yet can't explain the natural phenomena that happens everyday in front of them.

Quote from: g2perk on August 17, 2016, 01:00:30 PM
I can't understand when people talk as if they know there is no God or Higher power.  But yet can't explain the natural phenomena that happens everyday in front of them.

Why do you think a 4 billion year old planet that has had 5 mas extinctions revolving around a star in a galaxy full of billions of stars, in a universe full of hundreds of billions of galaxies in a 13.8 billion year old universe, would need a cosmic factory boss? You'd stupidly have me believe all that was put here for humans?
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

stromboli

you are making the assumption that we don't know about religion. I was a Christian for 16 years. Yes, we know about faith and belief. the difference is examining the belief objectively and critically. And what I said before is still true. If you believe in a deity you believe in his teachings. If you don't believe in his teachings you don't believe in the deity.

You can be spiritual and have faith that a god exists outside of religion. but when you buy into the teachings you buy into a religion. 

Mike Cl

Quote from: g2perk on August 18, 2016, 09:09:41 AM
Ok. Mike since you want me to do the work for you. Read Exodus and Deuteronomy.

And you follow all of them, do you??  :))))  I don't think so. 
Doing the work for me?  I thought you were the bible expert and you love this stuff so much I thought this would be a task of pure pleasure--showing this heathen the error of my ways.  Well, go ahead and show me.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

g2perk

Quote from: Brian37 on August 18, 2016, 07:00:05 PM
Why do you think a 4 billion year old planet that has had 5 mas extinctions revolving around a star in a galaxy full of billions of stars, in a universe full of hundreds of billions of galaxies in a 13.8 billion year old universe, would need a cosmic factory boss? You'd stupidly have me believe all that was put here for humans?
Wow....that is what you got from that. Talk about not understanding.

g2perk

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 18, 2016, 07:07:46 PM
And you follow all of them, do you??  :))))  I don't think so. 
Doing the work for me?  I thought you were the bible expert and you love this stuff so much I thought this would be a task of pure pleasure--showing this heathen the error of my ways.  Well, go ahead and show me.
Follow them. Me. No. No one can mike. Just giving you facts. Read. Mike read.

Baruch

Most people are guilty of literalism, not just religious folks ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: g2perk on August 18, 2016, 07:09:56 PM
Follow them. Me. No. No one can mike. Just giving you facts. Read. Mike read.

Okay, g2, I'm confused.  I thought you held the laws of the bible in high esteem.  If not, good for you.  But then, what laws do you think are moral and where do you find them????
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Blackleaf

Quote from: g2perk on August 18, 2016, 06:53:27 PM
Really....faith and religion go together. Find that for me in any book. By the way you would not know about faith.

I already have. Twice. It's a little book called the Oxford English Dictionary. As for knowing about faith, if you didn't have the memory of a goldfish, you would remember that I already told you that I was a believer for 24 years, you dumbass.
--Fulke Greville--

Blackleaf

Quote from: g2perk on August 18, 2016, 06:55:50 PM
By the way you are answering my thread. If you can't handle it stay away.

This tells me that you are, indeed, an immature teenager.
--Fulke Greville--

g2perk

Quote from: Blackleaf on August 18, 2016, 07:37:59 PM
I already have. Twice. It's a little book called the Oxford English Dictionary. As for knowing about faith, if you didn't have the memory of a goldfish, you would remember that I already told you that I was a believer for 24 years, you dumbass.
24 yrs in the trash. To believe in nothing. Really. And I'm the ass

g2perk

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 18, 2016, 07:19:16 PM
Okay, g2, I'm confused.  I thought you held the laws of the bible in high esteem.  If not, good for you.  But then, what laws do you think are moral and where do you find them????
Mike no one on this earth can follow all of the laws. The purpose of the laws are to act as principles in our lives. To teach us what not to do. Yes we understand them in our culture but back in the day they didn't. So that's why the laws are important, it gave us a foundation of morality.