If there is no God. Then someone explain life.

Started by g2perk, August 17, 2016, 01:00:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solomon Zorn

I have to wonder what level of education you have, g2perk. What kind of school did you attend, that has honed your arguing skills to such a razor edge?
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

g2perk

Yeah. But how they came to be is the question....come on come on.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: Solomon Zorn on August 18, 2016, 03:43:57 AM
I have to wonder what level of education you have, g2perk. What kind of school did you attend, that has honed your arguing skills to such a razor edge?

I'm guessing Shrek's school of trolling.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: g2perk on August 17, 2016, 04:07:26 PM
Lets start with something simple. Thy shall not kill. If it was not for the bible would it be okay to kill. If not how would you know?

A basic understanding of the consequences of your actions combined with the empathy provided by socialization and evolution.
Just look at societies from before the Judeo-christian ones or those completely isolated from it. They figured it out somehow.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

leo

Quote from: g2perk on August 18, 2016, 07:34:17 AM
Yeah. But how they came to be is the question....come on come on.

There is only one answer to that question. CHUCK NORRIS.
Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

g2perk

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on August 18, 2016, 08:25:18 AM
A basic understanding of the consequences of your actions combined with the empathy provided by socialization and evolution.
Just look at societies from before the Judeo-christian ones or those completely isolated from it. They figured it out somehow.
Ok. Did they make it a law or only Christians was smart enough to make it's law.

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: g2perk on August 18, 2016, 08:52:21 AM
Ok. Did they make it a law or only Christians was smart enough to make it's law.

Of course there were societies which prohibit murder, outside of the Christian one.
BTW, I think you mean 'or only Jews were smart enough to make it's law.' Not saying that would mean there were no other societies that prohibited murder, but the OT is from before Christianity, as you must surely know.

Mike Cl

Quote from: g2perk on August 18, 2016, 08:52:21 AM

What is 'the law' you speak of.  Are you referring to 'thou shalt not kill'?  What does that mean (only apply to people and not animals?  Only some people?  Does it really mean murder?)
Can you show me where it commands that in your bible????
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

g2perk

Look my point is simple people. You bash the bible but yet you still follow its rules. Why, because in your heart you know its the right thing to do. For example. The bible talks about adultery. Ok. Now why is that wrong. Its simple. It will cause some heartache down the line. Especially if both parties are married. Common sense.

g2perk

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 18, 2016, 09:00:05 AM
What is 'the law' you speak of.  Are you referring to 'thou shalt not kill'?  What does that mean (only apply to people and not animals?  Only some people?  Does it really mean murder?)
Can you show me where it commands that in your bible????
What. If you are really asking that question then you need to google it. That was an elementary one mike. Come on.

Mike Cl

Quote from: g2perk on August 18, 2016, 09:02:33 AM
Look my point is simple people. You bash the bible but yet you still follow its rules. Why, because in your heart you know its the right thing to do. For example. The bible talks about adultery. Ok. Now why is that wrong. Its simple. It will cause some heartache down the line. Especially if both parties are married. Common sense.

Yes, the rules of a particular society seem like common sense to that particular society--that's why it is called 'common' sense.  In some societies it is common sense to share a wife with a guest--in our society that would not be acceptable.  In those societies it would be mannerly. 

You keep bringing up 'the laws' of the bible.  What are they and where do you find them?????
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: g2perk on August 18, 2016, 09:02:33 AM

I refute that claim. I don't follow the Bible('s rules). Some parts of the Bible happen to coincide with my view on morality. (Some parts, mind you. Too few and too far in between for my liking.) It would be almost impossible not to, it's filled with contradicting laws and commandments after all. So that's a big difference.

g2perk

Ok. Mike since you want me to do the work for you. Read Exodus and Deuteronomy.

g2perk

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on August 18, 2016, 09:09:39 AM
I refute that claim. I don't follow the Bible('s rules). Some parts of the Bible happen to coincide with my view on morality. (Some parts, mind you. Too few and too far in between for my liking.) It would be almost impossible not to, it's filled with contradicting laws and commandments after all. So that's a big difference.

Funny how the bible just happens to coincide with your views. Must be a great man.

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: g2perk on August 18, 2016, 09:13:17 AM
Funny how the bible just happens to coincide with your views. Must be a great man.

Note the "some" I used. Very important.