News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

questions and answers anyone?

Started by Drich0150, June 15, 2017, 05:41:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drich0150

Quote from: Blackleaf on June 22, 2017, 05:48:26 PM
According to the Bible, God's laws, which he writes on our hearts (Romans 2:15). Too bad my heart doesn't read Hebrew.

What are you talking about you even said it is God who "trains us" when he writes on our hearts! That passage means God Himself will install the law or train us in the Law Himself.
1Thess 5:21 Question all things and hold on to what is Good. This is a charge meant for those who think themselves Christian. We are to question the foundational as well as the questionable, and hold on to the truth. Because I've done this my answers may be... Different than the typical Christian

Drich0150

Quote from: Blackleaf on June 22, 2017, 05:50:19 PM
Not only do you make bold claims without any evidence, but you mock us for not believing your bold claims. Fuck off. Nobody here is going to take you seriously.

I can't use evidence remember you tie my hands behind my back and then claim I don't play by the rules. Well F-you for stacking the deck then claim I'm the one not playing fairly.

I'd love to give you example of what God says in the bible and then tie to life, but that seems to be preaching unles one of you asks me directly for that.

Maybe if you need proof ask and I will gladly tie my 'wild ideas' (that you've heard all before) to proof.
1Thess 5:21 Question all things and hold on to what is Good. This is a charge meant for those who think themselves Christian. We are to question the foundational as well as the questionable, and hold on to the truth. Because I've done this my answers may be... Different than the typical Christian

Drich0150

Quote from: Baruch on June 22, 2017, 06:46:39 PM
That can be corrected ;-)

Drich .. I have day dreams and night dreams too, even vivid ones.  But I don't think I am channeling Dr Strange when I do.

How will you know unless you open cannonical Dr.Strange material and compare what you saw with what is written.

Stange aside, why would you persume to limit God in any form of communication? Rather than take said revelation and study it. That is what I did in this instance and several others... when I proofed it I took it to others to proof it. then I took it to the masses to see what they could/would do with it.

I guess that is the difference between a servant who has been given an message and a scholar such as yourself. I do not persume no place limits on God. If God want something does I simply try and take care of it.

Drich0150

Quote from: Baruch on June 22, 2017, 06:49:20 PM
So are you making the unjustified assumption that I am legalistic?  You don't know me well!
No you said my actions did not reflect the holy Spirit. I simply point out how you were wrong, and I even pointed to Christ who was the first to be baptized into the Holy Spirit and shows you how he treated other (students and teachers of the law)

This in contrast to the stoic ideal of what indewelment of the Holy Spirit 'should' be.

Drich0150

Quote from: sdelsolray on June 22, 2017, 08:10:32 PM
This one is entertaining, for a sanctimonious Mere Assertion Peddlerâ,,¢, until, of course, he isn't.

Prediction:  He'll soon run out of material and begin to repeat himself.

lol better check out some of the other AF sites and how long I have been a member there. I can go as long as the admins see fit.

Drich0150

Quote from: Cavebear on June 23, 2017, 03:42:55 AM
He already is repeating himself.  Bad argument after bad argument.  I wasted many hours on other sites arguing with fools with time on their keyboards.  I'm here to discuss things with fellow atheists and those few people with a religious approach who can make a decent discussion in a couple of paragraphs to so particular thought.

So, as I have come to ignore Baruch, I will ignore Drich0150.
do you have an example?

Meaning can you give me a post number where I have repeated something that I was not directly asked to clarify by another member?

Drich0150

Quote from: trdsf on June 23, 2017, 11:28:22 AM
Being a human being. You have to be made into a believing entity, either by indoctrination, or by talking yourself into it later in life. 
I was neither. what else you got? I was born a buddhist, got that beaten out of me, then for a while tried to be a christian got that beat out of me then was an atheist and had lots of fun beating up Christians.. Then God decided He had enough and sent me to Hell.

QuoteThere is no such thing as a Christian baby, a Buddhist baby, a Hindu baby any more than there is such a thing as a Democratic or Republican baby.  There is no form of god-belief that is innate.
then we are in agreement.

I'm of the opinion that a child is born not even agnostic, but just plain indifferent to the idea of a divine force.
actually I found children know more of God then practiced apologist do.

Drich0150

Quote from: Blackleaf on June 22, 2017, 05:50:19 PM
Not only do you make bold claims without any evidence, but you mock us for not believing your bold claims. Fuck off. Nobody here is going to take you seriously.
Oh yeah weren't you the one who demaded proof of one roman offical who recorded or made record of Christ prooving his existance? didn't I give you three... then the topic suddenly drops and now you've lied and said I have not provided proof when asked...

What's up with that sport?

Is this how you 'loose an argument' you proclaim victory anyway and lie about you opponent? i would like a full retraction an an apology please.

SGOS

Quote from: trdsf on June 23, 2017, 11:28:22 AM
Being a human being.  You have to be made into a believing entity, either by indoctrination, or by talking yourself into it later in life.  There is no such thing as a Christian baby, a Buddhist baby, a Hindu baby any more than there is such a thing as a Democratic or Republican baby.  There is no form of god-belief that is innate.  I'm of the opinion that a child is born not even agnostic, but just plain indifferent to the idea of a divine force.
I believe I can actually remember that early part of my life, where I had no belief in the divine, and didn't even have a related belief about the truth or falsity of the divine.  At least, I remember what I think was my first exposure to the god concept.  I may have been exposed to it before.  It's likely that I must have picked up an inkling along the way, but I don't remember that.  I just remember that feeling during what I recall as my first parental instruction on the matter: "Holy cow!  This is news to me!"  I believed it of course, but then I was only two.

Baruch

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 23, 2017, 02:06:20 PM
So you think higher thought and reasoning naturally develops from instincts? or did you miss the point and answer from a vacuum of topic?

Physical determinists think that reality is one of those fancy falling domino chains ... click, click ... no free will, just impersonal law ... like being in a car in a car crash after you lose control.  At that point you are a projectile, same as a falling rock.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 23, 2017, 02:08:37 PM
What are you talking about you even said it is God who "trains us" when he writes on our hearts! That passage means God Himself will install the law or train us in the Law Himself.

There is no law.  Don't be legalistic ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 23, 2017, 02:36:19 PM
How will you know unless you open cannonical Dr.Strange material and compare what you saw with what is written.

Stange aside, why would you persume to limit God in any form of communication? Rather than take said revelation and study it. That is what I did in this instance and several others... when I proofed it I took it to others to proof it. then I took it to the masses to see what they could/would do with it.

I guess that is the difference between a servant who has been given an message and a scholar such as yourself. I do not persume no place limits on God. If God want something does I simply try and take care of it.

Any time any ape man thinks he is special, he isn't.  Everyone is in the lap of G-d, all the time.  Nobody is special.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 23, 2017, 02:45:48 PM
I was neither. what else you got? I was born a buddhist, got that beaten out of me, then for a while tried to be a christian got that beat out of me then was an atheist and had lots of fun beating up Christians.. Then God decided He had enough and sent me to Hell.
then we are in agreement.
actually I found children know more of God then practiced apologist do.

If this web site is Hell, why are you here?  Actually it is Sheol, but you don't realize that yet.  Hell is Viking cold afterlife for those who don't get annihilated in the Ragnarok defending Valhalla.  Hades is not the same as Hell, it isn't even hot.  And what about that Dante guy or that Milton guy ... they had visions too, can you channel them?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on June 23, 2017, 05:23:22 PM
I believe I can actually remember that early part of my life, where I had no belief in the divine, and didn't even have a related belief about the truth or falsity of the divine.  At least, I remember what I think was my first exposure to the god concept.  I may have been exposed to it before.  It's likely that I must have picked up an inkling along the way, but I don't remember that.  I just remember that feeling during what I recall as my first parental instruction on the matter: "Holy cow!  This is news to me!"  I believed it of course, but then I was only two.

Smart at two ... then all down hill from there ;-)  Hence Jesus' point about children.  I didn't have a religious experience until I was nine ... after first communion.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

aitm

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 22, 2017, 03:20:19 PMI understand how to reconcile atonement with the OT
, I know why Jesus had to die on the cross,
I get why the blood Of Christ had to be beaten out of him,
I know why He went to the cross

because a REAL god wouldn't need such a fucking crazy ass idea. I mean...jesus christ boy, this is the stupidest idea ever imagined. I mean, I swear you idiots are why they have to have little pictures in restaurant restrooms showing fellow idiots how to wash their hands. What a mop head.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust