News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

questions and answers anyone?

Started by Drich0150, June 15, 2017, 05:41:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drich0150

Quote from: Mike Cl on June 21, 2017, 10:21:44 PM
I expect nothing better from you.  But you are interpreting stuff as you see fit.  You are giving meaning to words in the way that suits you.  What you don't want to grasp, is that the bible did not drop from heaven straight from god whole and unchangeable. Your bible is a fiction crafted by religious leaders to get to control people with feeble minds so they could become controllers and wealthy.
Bwahahahaha!!! What a douche! you start out by quoting from the scripture about the unchanging nature of the bible and even quoted from Christ so to for us/me to accept OT covenants and traditions.

And when I use the same bible to refute your idea/limited understanding of it, you then tirade off about how the bible is not a legit source!! here the thing sport if you are going to point to the avengers movie to teach me a 'lesson' then you can triade off saying the avengers are not real, when I take the comic books or avengers cannon to correct your bad understanding of the movie. In for a penny in for a pound old sport.

QuoteYou bible is a fiction--as is your god.
indeed

QuoteYou have to jump through so many hoops it is amazing you keep the hoops straight.
actually all i did was take the 'hoops' away from you to show you where you were in error.
Your fictional jesus clearly states that the OT is the same as it always was--all the commandments are to be followed. 
until things were finished, which he proclaimed on the cross. But again, not that the OT went away, it is now complete. In that not only the law of sin were in effect but so to where the laws of atonement. Meaning if you are saved it is ok to be in sin.(not evil but sin)
If we could goto Romans 8 I would show you how that works specifically.

QuoteEven the one about seething a kid in its mothers milk.  Yet you have your hoops ready to jump through to try to demonstrate that that is not what jesus said.
actually no if you would notice I didn't cherry pick what jesus said and focus on just the 'everything being the same part.' I accounted for and pointed to the bit where he said till everything was finished as well, then I took you to where he specifically says "it is finished" thus (part two of what he said in your very own scripture selection) the law would be made complete. Then I took the two parts of the law the moral law and the laws governing atoenment for sin and explain how both are in effect (just like Jesus said in YOUR passage) and how now atonement cancels out the moral law. meaning it is not about how 'moral you are that gets you into heaven, it is how perfect Jesus lived his life and whether or not you have him vouching for you. because we are slaves to sin and will always sin no matter what. that is why it is important to know the difference between sin and evil. Sin is forgive all sin. Evil is not. we must drop evil from our hearts and ask God to take the sin. That is how the law is made complete. Now without atonement for your sin the whole moral law works against you and your sin and or evil. So again no pat of the law goes aaway, it is just now both sides of the law are working, not just the laws of morality.

Okay then, facts matter not to you--but then you are a theist so that goes with the territory.  You believe what you believe and you don't let any facts keep you from your belief.  I've heard all this already.  And it still does not make it so.
glob...
Seriously? do you mr there is no God who has spend a few hundred sundae schools worth of time on the matter, can really and truly know how the law of God or the covenants of God or even something as simple as the gospel of salvation works? seriously? You will preach to me based on what? what some other douche who failed to find God by using his bible has to say?

I got nearly 20 years in the study of this stuff EVERYDAY at least 4 to 6 hours aday and I don't know what i should, but I can honestly say I've got a little more 'stick' time than you do. Not only that book learning I found God right where the bible says He would be, and in doing that I understand what the gospel is, I understand how to reconcile atonement with the OT, I know why Jesus had to die on the cross, I get why the blood Of Christ had to be beaten out of him, I know why He went to the cross and further more understand the paradyme shift from OT Judaism to NT Christianity which you cant seem to reconcile with all the the interwebs behind you. You seem to think that OT judaism and Christianity are the same religion, yet here you are telling me about my religion... So Sorry sport maybe try that crap some place else, because you are not fooling me with your "sundae" school degree.
1Thess 5:21 Question all things and hold on to what is Good. This is a charge meant for those who think themselves Christian. We are to question the foundational as well as the questionable, and hold on to the truth. Because I've done this my answers may be... Different than the typical Christian

trdsf

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 16, 2017, 10:35:36 AM
No one can be born Christian.
In other words, the natural state of being is that we don't need millennia-old campfire tales and fairy stories to be human.  It requires indoctrination.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Drich0150

Quote from: trdsf on June 22, 2017, 03:24:36 PM
In other words, the natural state of being is that we don't need millennia-old campfire tales and fairy stories to be human.  It requires indoctrination.

What doesn't require instruction and training?
1Thess 5:21 Question all things and hold on to what is Good. This is a charge meant for those who think themselves Christian. We are to question the foundational as well as the questionable, and hold on to the truth. Because I've done this my answers may be... Different than the typical Christian

Sal1981

Mike Cl

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 22, 2017, 03:20:19 PM

So Sorry sport maybe try that crap some place else, because you are not fooling me with your "sundae" school degree.
That is exactly what I'd say to you.  You are so full of shit it is flowing from you brain to you fingers.  You simply want me to think as you do because you think that way--and you must be right.  Clearly you are the typical loving christian that your christ wants you to be.  Keep your crap and eat it for lunch.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Blackleaf

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 22, 2017, 03:51:26 PM

According to the Bible, God's laws, which he writes on our hearts (Romans 2:15). Too bad my heart doesn't read Hebrew.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Blackleaf

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 22, 2017, 03:20:19 PM
Bwahahahaha!!! What a douche! you start out by quoting from the scripture about the unchanging nature of the bible and even quoted from Christ so to for us/me to accept OT covenants and traditions.

Not only do you make bold claims without any evidence, but you mock us for not believing your bold claims. Fuck off. Nobody here is going to take you seriously.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Baruch

Quote from: Blackleaf on June 22, 2017, 05:48:26 PM
According to the Bible, God's laws, which he writes on our hearts (Romans 2:15). Too bad my heart doesn't read Hebrew.

That can be corrected ;-)

Drich .. I have day dreams and night dreams too, even vivid ones.  But I don't think I am channeling Dr Strange when I do.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 22, 2017, 02:19:42 PM
Bwa, HA HA HA HAHA..

Yeah and Jesus didn't act like the messiah, to the pharrisees (remember he called them fools and blind guides snakes full of poison and all sorts of things... Or did you tear those bits out of your bible?

Do you know why Peter is Peter? because Jesus called him 'little pebble" or unstable ground. Jesus was making fun of peter's instability. He was "Petra" shifting gravel not Petros immovable rock like some tell it.

Here's the thing when one is filled with the Spirit it manifests itself differently. I am no one special, I am a mess most of the time and have problems that would make most of you cry. When the holy Spirit illuminates someone like me, this is what you get. I am and never will be a churchie-mc churcherson. God needs all kinds, not just the stoic.

So just because I am not a hand or a eye, does not make me any less apart of the body. perhaps being a hand or an eye you simply do not know how feet or toes work when kicking the ass of a modern pharisee.

So are you making the unjustified assumption that I am legalistic?  You don't know me well!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

sdelsolray

This one is entertaining, for a sanctimonious Mere Assertion Peddlerâ,,¢, until, of course, he isn't.

Prediction:  He'll soon run out of material and begin to repeat himself.

Cavebear

He already is repeating himself.  Bad argument after bad argument.  I wasted many hours on other sites arguing with fools with time on their keyboards.  I'm here to discuss things with fellow atheists and those few people with a religious approach who can make a decent discussion in a couple of paragraphs to so particular thought.

So, as I have come to ignore Baruch, I will ignore Drich0150.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

trdsf

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 22, 2017, 03:51:26 PM
Being a human being.  You have to be made into a believing entity, either by indoctrination, or by talking yourself into it later in life.  There is no such thing as a Christian baby, a Buddhist baby, a Hindu baby any more than there is such a thing as a Democratic or Republican baby.  There is no form of god-belief that is innate.  I'm of the opinion that a child is born not even agnostic, but just plain indifferent to the idea of a divine force.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Baruch

Quote from: trdsf on June 23, 2017, 11:28:22 AM
Being a human being.  You have to be made into a believing entity, either by indoctrination, or by talking yourself into it later in life.  There is no such thing as a Christian baby, a Buddhist baby, a Hindu baby any more than there is such a thing as a Democratic or Republican baby.  There is no form of god-belief that is innate.  I'm of the opinion that a child is born not even agnostic, but just plain indifferent to the idea of a divine force.

Babies are solipsistic ... they are their own god.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Drich0150

Quote from: Sal1981 on June 22, 2017, 04:42:22 PM
Instincts.

So you think higher thought and reasoning naturally develops from instincts? or did you miss the point and answer from a vacuum of topic?