The closed mind is the Atheists mind

Started by neiswander, January 28, 2016, 04:05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neiswander

Reasonable faith is OBJECTIVE faith with real and enormous evidence. BLIND FAITH IS faith with very little or no real evidence to support their SUBJECTIVE belief. The only thing Science has done for evolution is proving the enormous faith that they have in their faith that men dont make mistakes. Which is BLIND FAITH.  Just like Muslims they have faith in mans infallability or in other words Blind faith.

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

PickelledEggs

Proselytizing, eh? I guess that's strike 1.

Welcome to the forum. Do you have any proof for the nonsense you're spitting?

Mike Cl

Quote from: neiswander on January 28, 2016, 04:05:22 PM
Reasonable faith is OBJECTIVE faith with real and enormous evidence. BLIND FAITH IS faith with very little or no real evidence to support their SUBJECTIVE belief. The only thing Science has done for evolution is proving the enormous faith that they have in their faith that men dont make mistakes. Which is BLIND FAITH.  Just like Muslims they have faith in mans infallability or in other words Blind faith.
Welcome to the forum, ye spewer of old garbage.  Besides yawn, I can say, yeah, yeah, yeah....................
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Unbeliever

God Not Found

kilodelta

Whoa. I never thought I could redefine something to make myself seem right. "Faith" being defined as "firm belief in something for which there is no proof" could be made into something that it really isn't and then I'll have to be right. "Objective faith" essentially seeming to mean "firm belief in something for which I claim to have proof but won't show you."

So, Real Faith (TM) means that you all owe me money and will never not owe me money. I am the only one with Real Faith. So fork it over!
Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

Unbeliever

God Not Found

TomFoolery

The only thing Science has done for evolution is proving the enormous faith that they have in their faith that men dont make mistakes. Which is BLIND FAITH. 

No scientist ever has said, "Evolution is the only answer and we know exactly how it happened." Because we don't. Evolution is the most plausible theory. No "holy man" thought science spoke to him in a burning bush and delivered the theory of evolution: rather, many individuals arrived at a similar conclusion based on independent analysis.

Science is a process, a method by which we obtain and analyze information objectively, not a religion where we set out to prove what we think we know... like Christianity.
How can you be sure my refusal to agree with your claim a symptom of my ignorance and not yours?

Hydra009

Quote from: neiswander on January 28, 2016, 04:05:22 PMThe only thing Science has done for evolution is proving the enormous faith that they have in their faith that men dont make mistakes. Which is BLIND FAITH.

Baruch

You have only touched on the riches of epistemology (philosophy of what can be known, and how to know it).

1. Argument from human authority
2. Argument from scriptural authority
3. Usually some combination of #1 and #2
4. Argument from reason aka rationalism
5. Argument from epistemic evidence aka empiricism
6. Usually some combination of #4 and #5

Most people here, both anti-theist, non-theist, theist (just one of several axes of metaphysics) belong to #6.  I belong to #5.  You need to up your game.  As a Jewish mystic, I have direct perception of G-d ... so I could be, but choose not to be, #3.  I am my own authority and what I write is my own scripture ... though I am open minded in my appreciation of other human beings ... I am a humanist.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 28, 2016, 05:10:10 PM

"Blind Faith" is the most anti-intellectual position of all.  Because it is blindness both of the eyes and of the mind.  It is aggressive solipsism.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Sal1981

neiswander

HEHE MY MAIN REASON FOR MAKING THIS STATEMENT WAS SIMPLY TO ENTICE A DEBATE WITH FOOLS.. Just wanted to have a little fun so here we go:
To the Humanists you have to be perfect to write your own rules and we cant prove anything about anything yet so you arent smart enough to write rules because they would mean absolutley 'ZERO' if you cant prove anything.. Science is 90% imagination and that is what you put your faith in mans "imagination." FUNNY!!! The first Humanist manifesto claimed humanism was a religion and INDEED IT IS. THE WORSHIP OF MANKIND      BLIND FAITH IN FOOLS.   
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/28/shroud-of-turin-real-jesus_n_2971850.html
To the God Haters: or so called Atheists who think God is a fairy tale and spend all their time trying to prove he doesnt exist. WHAT ARE YOU AFRAID OF? THAT HE MIGHT BE REAL? Santa Claus and Fairies are myths I dont see you hating on them.
YOU WANT SOMETHING TO SALIVATE OVER OK. How about something from YOUR HUFFINGTON POST:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/28/shroud-of-turin-real-jesus_n_2971850.html

IM JUST GETTING STARTED