Express Delivery for Mr. Thief!

Started by Flanker1Six, June 12, 2016, 11:48:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flanker1Six

A couple in FL (I think) had their Amazon box ripped off their front porch recently; despite a posted advisory that visitors were on camera (weren't kidding they had two) when on their porch.    So they took another Amazon box, and made a little present of dog shit for the thief; who sure enough came back for seconds.   Too bad they couldn't have rigged it with a small explosive device; just enough to spread the good news more effectively! 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/couple-leaves-smelly-surprise-package-173026588.html

Mike Cl

I agree.  The first time I remember thinking about stuff like this was in business law in college.  A case was brought up in which a person owned an isolated cabin in the woods and became tired of it being broken into.  So, he rigged shotguns to all the doors to go off when the door was opened.  A burglar was injured by one of the shotgun blasts and sued the owner of the cabin.  The owner was found to be responsible for the burglar's injury.  One apparently cannot create traps like that.  Too dangerous to innocent people.  How one can innocently burglarize any place is beyond me. 

I also learned that leaving a ladder leaning against my house unattended is an 'attractive nuisance'.The thought being that some kid walking by would not be able to help himself,  and would scale the ladder.  If he fell off and hurt himself I'd be to blame.  My thought is that every neighborhood should construct all kinds of attractive nuisances and leave them up for a month or so.  Those attractive nuisances would quickly eliminate the actual fucking nuisances fairly quickly. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Flanker1Six on June 12, 2016, 11:48:30 AM
A couple in FL (I think) had their Amazon box ripped off their front porch recently; despite a posted advisory that visitors were on camera (weren't kidding they had two) when on their porch.    So they took another Amazon box, and made a little present of dog shit for the thief; who sure enough came back for seconds.   Too bad they couldn't have rigged it with a small explosive device; just enough to spread the good news more effectively! 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/couple-leaves-smelly-surprise-package-173026588.html
I have a cheaper system. We have three cops living almost directly across the street. Cop cars on our street all the time. Peaceful neighborhood.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

For the rest of us, there is never a cop when you need one ... because they all live next to you ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.