News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Euthanasia and Assisted Suicide

Started by viocjit, July 05, 2019, 03:41:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Quote from: Minimalist on August 01, 2019, 11:25:34 AM

I'll trade them the Orange Turdfuhrer for Trudeau in a heartbeat.  I'll even throw in a future draft pick!

I'm not sure I would take Trudeau if there were options.  But I would take Teresa May or Angela Merkel (maybe).  Is Tony Blair still available?
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 01, 2019, 08:59:11 AM
I did not know that and wouldn't have guessed France would decide that way.  Thank you for the explanation.   I learn new things every day here.

Code Napoleon is "uncommon" law.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 01, 2019, 11:27:13 AM
Nine is good.  50 better.  Worldwide best.  This is why I consider myself "progressive".  There are ideas that slowly advance by increments.  I want those kinds of ideas to advance.

I don't see, liberals all killing themselves, to be a progressive position at all.

@Cavebear ... your love of political losers ... didn't you once say you were a supporter of John Anderson?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 01, 2019, 03:25:45 PM

Ah, the French...  Not great legal experts.  Yes, Napoleon did well.  But he wasn't French.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 01, 2019, 03:27:07 PM
I don't see, liberals all killing themselves, to be a progressive position at all.

@Cavebear ... your love of political losers ... didn't you once say you were a supporter of John Anderson?

Guilty as charged.  I was somewhat more righteous in my past than today.  Today, I want to drag (oops better not say that) see Trump handled as firmly as the law will allow. 

Unbeliever

Quote from: Cavebear on August 01, 2019, 03:40:05 PM
Ah, the French...  Not great legal experts.  Yes, Napoleon did well.  But he wasn't French.
The French may not be perfect, but they sure know how to kiss! LOL
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 01, 2019, 03:59:27 PM
The French may not be perfect, but they sure know how to kiss! LOL

I'm old.  I admire the omelets and wines more these days...  Not that I buy French wines (the US ones are better).  But if I say that out loud, DeGualle will get upset and you know how THAT goes...

Unbeliever

God Not Found

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 01, 2019, 04:13:19 PM
Yeah, the gall of that guy! LOL

Do you remember the Vaughn Meader 'First Family' spoof of the Kennedys (I have the original LP)?  In one sketch, the White House is trying to save money when all the World leaders are there.  So they ordered sandwiches.  The West German Leader order a Western sandwich (I love the West).  The East German leader ordered an "Eastern" sandwich.  Upon learning there was no such sandwich, he demanded the eastern portion of the Western Sandwich.  Laughs all around...

But the highlight was DeGaulle demanding "Pheasant Under Glass" (pheasant with shallots - geez, I just realized I make this all the time with chicken).  And Kennedy says "that will be a chicken salad sandwich for the General".

I guess you had to be there...

And in case you know the album well...  "Ooda Wadda Woo"...

Unbeliever

Quote from: Cavebear on August 01, 2019, 04:45:21 PM
(pheasant with shallots - geez, I just realized I make this all the time with chicken).

Wow, pheasant under glass made with chicken - sounds like transubstantiation! LOL

Don't know the album, I'll have to check it out.
God Not Found

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 01, 2019, 04:57:53 PM
Wow, pheasant under glass made with chicken - sounds like transubstantiation! LOL

Don't know the album, I'll have to check it out.

Birds of a feather flock together in the supermarket...  Just make sure it isn't Talpa En Glaze...

viocjit

Quote from: Cavebear on August 01, 2019, 10:17:21 AM
I still think that is something I should be in control of.  Why does my State think it owns me?  What part of my decision of my existence is properly controlled by anyone else?

There are not two world juridictions that have the same answers to judicial problematic.

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 01, 2019, 11:21:27 AM
I do agree with you on that.  But, at this time, 9 states allow assisted suicide.  That is a step forward.  There is a process attached to it by the state, but at least it is legal.

Things take time but move slowly is better than don't move.

Quote from: Cavebear on August 01, 2019, 11:27:13 AM
Nine is good.  50 better.  Worldwide best.  This is why I consider myself "progressive".  There are ideas that slowly advance by increments.  I want those kinds of ideas to advance.

I agree with you !

Quote from: Baruch on August 01, 2019, 03:25:45 PM

For those who don't know I precise "Code Napoléon" is a synonymous of "Code civil des Français" (Civil code of French people) colloquially know as "Code civil" (Civil Code). We have the same civil code since 1804 but it was amended about 10,000 time or more.
I don't remember there was a year over the last decade without any modifications.

I liked you word game with "Common Law" and "Uncommon Law" because we have weird things compared to some others countries (Which place of the world haven't weird stuff in theirs laws ?) but you know certainly France is a country in which we apply "Civil law".

Civil law : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_law_(legal_system)
Common law : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_law
Comparaison of legal system between countries : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_national_legal_systems

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 01, 2019, 03:42:48 PM
Guilty as charged.  I was somewhat more righteous in my past than today.  Today, I want to drag (oops better not say that) see Trump handled as firmly as the law will allow.

Just like I feel about Bill, Hillary and the rest of the Dem traitors.

@viocjit ... "Code Napoleon" is an American term, and applies to the unique legal system of Louisiana.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

viocjit

Quote from: Baruch on August 02, 2019, 03:48:35 AM
Just like I feel about Bill, Hillary and the rest of the Dem traitors.

@viocjit ... "Code Napoleon" is an American term, and applies to the unique legal system of Louisiana.

In France you can see the term "Code Napoléon" used to speak about French civil code even if this term is used only in academic context.
Do you know there are 74 law codes in force in French Republic ? I don't know any countries with more legal codes than France.
I will make you a list of only ten of these.

1.Code civil (Civil Code)
2.Code de procédure civile (Procedural civil code)
3.Code pénal (Penal Code that is our criminal code)
4.Code de procédure pénale (Procedural penal code that is our criminal procedural code)
5.Code de justice administrative (Code of administrative justice)
6.Code de justice militaire (Military justice code)
7.Code de la santé publique (Public health code)
8.Code de la route (Code of the road that is our traffic code)
9.Code du sport (Sport code that is a code about organisation of sportive competitions , health of sportsmen and sportswomen , anti-doping policies etc...)
10.Code du tourisme (Tourism code that is about legislation and regulation about tourism)

Baruch

People disagree with me, but modern politics and bureaucracy were invented in France.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.