News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

questions and answers anyone?

Started by Drich0150, June 15, 2017, 05:41:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drich0150

Quote from: Baruch on June 29, 2017, 12:53:52 PM
"do you believe in the resurrection?" ... as a zombie, yes!
if only a zombie then that makes you Sad-u-cee?

You have a lot of beams to pull out of your eyes.  See an ophthalmologist today!

I didn't have time yet to read your longer post this morning, but I don't do point-by-point repudiation either.
i understand gotta keep up the silent but wise Shitc
1Thess 5:21 Question all things and hold on to what is Good. This is a charge meant for those who think themselves Christian. We are to question the foundational as well as the questionable, and hold on to the truth. Because I've done this my answers may be... Different than the typical Christian

Hijiri Byakuren

I'm going to ask a serious question, since I'm an interfaith minister and have a vested interest in understanding other belief systems.

What are your thoughts on the New Covenant and its effect on the Old one? Is the latter totally invalidated, or merely edited?
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Drich0150

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on June 29, 2017, 01:23:57 PM
I'm going to ask a serious question, since I'm an interfaith minister and have a vested interest in understanding other belief systems.

What are your thoughts on the New Covenant and its effect on the Old one? Is the latter totally invalidated, or merely edited?

I explained this a couple of times before but I could use the practice.

We as new covenant 'off shoots' are but graphs into the old covenant. The old covenant/the old law still exists.

However when I say that, we must first understand the nature of the law.

The law can be diveded into 3 parts. the law of moses (which is what it meant to live as an OT Jew/social law weddings slaves diet clothing ect)
The law of the temple/the religious cermonies (how many times to wash hands, type of incense, type of animals to be sacrificed, who could be a preist, what they wore)

The moral law/God's law. (10 commandments)

now alot of people who think we NT christian are stuck under OT law tend to qoto what Jesus said in mat 5 "I did not come to destroy the law of moses or the teaching of the prohhets..

but they tend to stop there they key is in what he said next:

" I have come not to destroy their teachings but to give full meaning to them. 18 I assure you that nothing will disappear from the law until heaven and earth are gone. The law will not lose even the smallest letter or the smallest part of a letter until it has all been done."

So the next key is to ask yourself as any of that ever come to pass? heaven or earth pass or way or has "all has been done." Heaven and earth are still here, but Jesus did say something similar on the cross just before he died. (Depending on which translation you get) "It is finish or all has been done."

So if all has been done what does this mean? as he said the least shift in the law is now possible. what does that mean? it means what Jesus said at the beginning of mat 5 the law is complete.. now ask yourself what part of the law was left outstanding/incomplete? It was the sacrifices made for sin. they were on going/never finished. but now that all has been done this part of the law has been perminatly satisfied.

Now what does this mean? it means atonement abounds per what Paul said in Romans.
Meaning for the believer we are in a perpetual state of being forgiven. Meaning we are no longer judged by the law to determine whether or not we are worthy of heaven. What matter is, was Jesus worthy of Heaven based on His life lived against the law.

But we also have to remember the law remains until heaven and earth passes away So which law/ the law of moses the law of the temple or the moral law of God? I say all of it. but here's the thing..

What happened when you broke a law of moses... as a jew this was like breaking one of our societal laws, but because they lived in a theocrisy their soceital laws became apart of being a moral person. But what Jesus has done on the cross seperates being a good jew from being a moral jew. (but that's neither here nor there for a gentile) So a gentile breaking a jewish soceital law means he can not be an OT jew as the laws did not extend out to gentile behavior. eat shrimp mix fabrics so what.. you are not an OT jew.

Same thing with the temple or laws that determine jewish worshp. If a gentile broke a worship law there was no repercussion.(meaning he could not worship as an OT Jew but so what) didn't wash your hand/gross but so what not a jew, didn't offer your tithe again so what not a jew.

God's moral law is the only thing that applies because exo 20 these were God's laws and not just the laws of the jews/Laws meant to define OT judaism) . These 'moral' laws remain in effect, and yet these laws are the laws Christ completed. Because remember the law not only told you right from wrong but also set the penence for the sin. Christ was the perminate penance for all sin... for the saved.

For the unsaved it is these laws the God will judge you by. because remember the law does not goaway till heaven and earth are gone. but for the christian they have been full filled for the lost they will be their judgement.

Now New covenant: God has two laws that sum up everything

Love you lord God with all of your being. love your neighbor as yourself. if you under the atonement of Christ can do these two things you will have everlasting life.

That said being saved is not the same as having a relationship with God. And know there is nothing we can 'do' that makes us Christian. Jesus alone decides who is and is not saved/Christian. That is why i say some of you will be shocked (most won't) on which side the pearly gates you watch the judgement on.

1Thess 5:21 Question all things and hold on to what is Good. This is a charge meant for those who think themselves Christian. We are to question the foundational as well as the questionable, and hold on to the truth. Because I've done this my answers may be... Different than the typical Christian

Blackleaf

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 29, 2017, 11:17:46 AMYes, I did indeed meet Christ and stared into His eyes while He judged me. (i'm actually taller which is a supprise) His eyes and the love in them is what I remember most!

Did Jesus happen to look like this?

Praise white Jesus!
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Unbeliever

Will the real Jesus please stand up...

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Blackleaf

--Fulke Greville--

Munch

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Unbeliever

Like Jimmy Durante? I bet he wasn't as funny, though.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Mike Cl

Quote from: Munch on June 29, 2017, 06:52:06 PM
Real Jesus had a big nose.
If Jesus were not a fiction he could have had a big nose.  He would not be white.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Blackleaf

Quote from: Mike Cl on June 29, 2017, 07:31:26 PM
If Jesus were not a fiction he could have had a big nose.  He would not be white.

Blasphemy! And besides, if Jesus weren't white, why is it every time he appears on toast, he looks like this????

Checkmate atheists!
--Fulke Greville--

aitm

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 29, 2017, 02:11:58 PM
So the next key is to ask yourself .....
there it is....xians be like "READ THE BABBLE, FIND DA LAWD...DA TRUTH BE IN DA BABBLE....GODS WORDS ARE PERFECT...IT ALL BE IN DA BABBLE.....but

suddenly, it takes a word "mixologist" to decipher what the babble "really means" ..I mean. MY GOD DO YOU THINK GOD WROTE IT TO BE UNDERSTOOD?????

So contortinists put their legs behind their head, their arms around their neck and their head up their ass in order to make what the babble really says into what they think the babble says..hence....one must "ask yourself"..what you want the babble to say.

To bad they don't actually...you know...read it.

But hey....what kind of exercise would that be?
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on June 29, 2017, 07:06:35 PM
Like Jimmy Durante? I bet he wasn't as funny, though.

The body language of Jesus' jokes aren't clear in the NT.  They didn't have selfies yet.  The joke about what comes out of you, defiles you ... that is a shit joke!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 29, 2017, 01:21:50 PM
if only a zombie then that makes you Sad-u-cee?
i understand gotta keep up the silent but wise Shitc

I think you meant ... schtick.  Yiddish, not Hebrew.  Jesus was a schnorrer.

BTW - the average rabbi, imam or priest, doesn't know what they are talking about.  Clergy are generally the last to understand G-d.

Summary of Proverbs ... get a yiddisher kopf, leave behind your goyisher kopf.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Blackleaf on June 29, 2017, 07:38:38 PM
Blasphemy! And besides, if Jesus weren't white, why is it every time he appears on toast, he looks like this????

Checkmate atheists!
That's because that's on white toast.  Have you seen what he looks like on dark rye???
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

trdsf

Quote from: Mike Cl on June 29, 2017, 09:07:07 PM
That's because that's on white toast.  Have you seen what he looks like on dark rye???
Probably Aust-rye-lian.  :)

Oh, hey, now I have this lovely mental image of Jesus knocking back a can of Foster's...
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan