The bithdate of Prophet Muhammed (pbuh)

Started by mendacium remedium, January 18, 2014, 06:26:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mendacium remedium

Muslims world-wide have in recent days been celebrating the birth of the Prophet Muhammed pbuh. With any great personality, people often come together to give tributes when they die, such as Nelson Mandela, and to remember their great legacy. No-one can doubt, whether you believe it is positive or negative, the multitude effect of the prophet Muhammed pbuh.

To make this relevant to one who does not adhere to Islam, here are statements about what non-muslims have said about Muhammed pbuh, make of them what you will/discuss them:

Michael H. Hart (1932- ) Professor of astronomy, physics and the history of science.

"My choice of Muhammad to lead the list of the world's most influential persons may surprise some readers and may be questioned by others, but he was the only man in history who was supremely successful on both the religious and secular level." [The 100: A Ranking Of The Most Influential Persons In History, New York, 1978, p. 33]

David George Hogarth (1862-1927) English archaeologist, author, and keeper of the Ashmolean Museum, Oxford.

"Serious or trivial, his daily behaviour has instituted a canon which millions observe this day with conscious mimicry.? No one regarded by any section of the human race as Perfect Man has been imitated so minutely. The conduct of the Founder of Christianity has not so governed the ordinary life of His followers. Moreover, no Founder of a religion has been left on so solitary an eminence as the Muslim Apostle.? [Arabia, Oxford, 1922, p. 52]"

Reverend Bosworth Smith (1794-1884) Late Fellow of Trinity College, Oxford.

"? he was Caesar and Pope in one; but he was Pope without the Pope's pretensions, and Caesar without the legions of Caesar.? Without a standing army, without a bodyguard, without a palace, without a fixed revenue, if ever any man had the right to say that he ruled by a right Divine, it was Mohammed; for he had all the power without its instruments and without its supports." Mohammed and Mohammedanism, London, 1874, p. 235]
"Let there be no compulsion in religion, for truth is clear from error" - Quran
Apostasy Islam]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_oKXh2oy8E[/url]

"My choice of Muhammad to lead the list of the world\'s most influential persons may surprise some readers ... but he was the only man in history who was supremely successful on both the religious and secular level."
? Michael H. Hart]

[size=150]"The cure for ignorance is to question" -Muhammed(pbuh)[/size]

Icarus

They should have talked to a geneticist, Genghis Khan is by far the most influential person in history.

"Serious or trivial, his daily behaviour has instituted a canon which millions observe this day with conscious mimicry."
Yes, pedophilia is still a problem we are still trying to stamp out.

AllPurposeAtheist

Walt Disney was more influential.  :roll: Very few adults alive today are unfamiliar with Mickey Mouse.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Hydra009

He is in running for world's most extreme midlife crisis, I'll give him that.

Shiranu

He was one of the world's most influential people,  I won't argue with that.  But in terms of being a good influence,  that would be a stretch to argue.

His followers have done some great things,  but many of those have no Qu ranic basis that I can see.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

barbarian

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"Walt Disney was more influential.  :roll: Very few adults alive today are unfamiliar with Mickey Mouse.

What about Ronald McDonald?

Jason78

Muhammad was influential in the same way that Hitler was influential.

In that his contribution to the world was not a positive one.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

barbarian

Quote from: "Shiranu"He was one of the world's most influential people,  I won't argue with that.  But in terms of being a good influence,  that would be a stretch to argue.

His followers have done some great things
[/i],  but many of those have no Qu ranic basis that I can see.

Quote from: "Jason78"Muhammad was influential in the same way that Hitler was influential.

[/i]

Either was Ronald McDonald's.

Rex Rgis Verum

Obviously Adam was the most influential person in history. If he had decided to not bang Eve, Muhammad would've never even existed. All hail father Adam!
Why anyone would desire eternal life is beyond me. There's no fun in forever.

barbarian

Quote from: "Rex Rgis Verum"Obviously Adam was the most influential person in history. If he had decided to not bang Eve, Muhammad would've never even existed. All hail father Adam!

You must be referring to the BIG bang...

leo

This is hilarious . The Muslim dude posting this stuff in a atheist website.  :roll: We don't care about this  Muhammed dude.
Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

leo

Quote from: "Jason78"Muhammad was influential in the same way that Hitler was influential.

Yep. This ^^^

frosty

So this guy argues with people on this website for a long time, then disappears for a long time, then comes back not having changed one iota and still pushing his religion..... cool.  8-)

leo

Quote from: "frosty"So this guy argues with people on this website for a long time, then disappears for a long time, then comes back not having changed one iota and still pushing his religion..... cool.  8-)
Yup . Pretty much this.

Rex Rgis Verum

Quote from: "barbarian"
Quote from: "Rex Rgis Verum"Obviously Adam was the most influential person in history. If he had decided to not bang Eve, Muhammad would've never even existed. All hail father Adam!

You must be referring to the BIG bang...

8-)

You think those are stars in the sky? Nah, they're Adam's sperm that have yet to die.
Why anyone would desire eternal life is beyond me. There's no fun in forever.