2 in 10 Democrats, 3 in 10 Republicans support bombing of Agrabah.

Started by Valigarmander, December 18, 2015, 03:34:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valigarmander

We have to prevent Jafar from getting weapons of mass destruction.
QuoteThe most recent poll from the Democratic polling firm Public Policy Polling finds that 30% of Republicans nationally would support bombing the fictional kingdom of Agrabah.

PPPâ€" which is known for asking trolltastic questionsâ€" found that an additional 13% do NOT support bombing the setting of Disney’s Aladdin. 57% of Republicans have no opinion on the matter.

In fairness to Republican voters, PPP later said on Twitter that Democrats also voiced opinions on bombing the fictional country. 36% say they would oppose a bombing campaign, while 19% support it.

The result of the poll demonstrates a problem endemic in opinion polling and not restricted to one party. Research has shown that 20-40% of the population will consistently voice firm opinions on issues and legislation that do not exist.

TomFoolery

Praise be.

I read the topic title thinking, "Where in the fuck is Agrabah? I thought that was from Aladdin? Is that a real place?!"
How can you be sure my refusal to agree with your claim a symptom of my ignorance and not yours?

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hydra009

I dunno about Agrabah, but I would support carpetbombing Mordor.  But no ground troops.  One does not simply occupy Mordor.

TomFoolery

Quote from: Hydra009 on December 18, 2015, 04:36:27 PM
I dunno about Agrabah, but I would support carpetbombing Mordor.  But no ground troops.  One does not simply occupy Mordor.

I have nothing against Narnians per se, and I know not all of them are in league with the White Queen, but the use of drones in Narnia might have done a lot to quell sectarian violence in that region. Just sayin'.
How can you be sure my refusal to agree with your claim a symptom of my ignorance and not yours?

Baruch

Agrabah might be derivative of Agra, in India, where the Taj Mahal is located ... though it is also said to be near the Jordan River ... which would tie it to Al-Aqabah a village on the West Bank.  It is also the name of a port at the N end of the Red Sea also in Jordan.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

Quote from: Baruch on December 18, 2015, 06:17:16 PM
Agrabah might be derivative of Agra, in India, where the Taj Mahal is located ... though it is also said to be near the Jordan River ... which would tie it to Al-Aqabah a village on the West Bank.  It is also the name of a port at the N end of the Red Sea also in Jordan.

Given how the royal palace looks in Aladdin... I would bet on Agra. Which is brilliantly appropriate since Americans love to attack Sikhs and Indians mistaking them for Muslims...
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on December 18, 2015, 08:24:13 PM
Given how the royal palace looks in Aladdin... I would bet on Agra. Which is brilliantly appropriate since Americans love to attack Sikhs and Indians mistaking them for Muslims...

We are looking for the hidden nukes in their turbans ;-(  Though in one old age story, that is where the Mughal prince hid his most precious diamond ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Jannabear

A whole new wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo- BOOM

SGOS

Agrabaraians are assholes.  They lie, cheat, steal, and have sex with animals.  They are a threat to America. I've supported bombing them for three years now.

drunkenshoe

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

PopeyesPappy

Current US population = 322,815,000
Voting age (77%) = 248,567,550
Republicans (31%) = 77,055,940
Democrats (39%) = 96,941,345
3 in 10 Republicans = 23,116,782
2 in 10 Democrats = 19,388,269

Number of people in the US confirmed as idiots* by this poll (13%) = 42,505,051

* Actual number of idiots in the US suspected to be much higher.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.