News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

New toys?

Started by Youssuf Ramadan, September 04, 2013, 05:05:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Youssuf Ramadan

Post here for any new stuff that you might have got:  music stuff, cars, bikes, fishing, sports stuff, camera stuff, any new gear that makes you happy!

I bought myself a new Fender Jazz bass. Bought it as a back-up bass in case my other one goes down at a gig. It's not a top of the range USA one, but one of the 'modern player' range made in China. I was sceptical at first, but it sounds great, plays great and the passive pick ups give me a few more options on top of my Stingray, which is active. Well pleased!  :mrgreen:

wolf39us

Johan

Nice looking bass. I'm not familiar with the modern player line. I'm assuming its a step up from the made in Mexico stuff?
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

stromboli

I don't own toys, I own tools. My "axe" is an axe.

Colanth

Got a new electric can opener today.  Doesn't count, huh?

My phone is over a year old, so not that.

Got a new computer sound card interface recently (links the computer to a ham radio transceiver), but that probably doesn't interest anyone.

Fifty years ago I was all about new toys.  Now I'm all about new thoughts.  (And new scientific breakthroughs.)
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

Youssuf Ramadan

Quote from: "wolf39us"dude, sweet axe!

Thanks!  :-D

Quote from: "Johan"Nice looking bass. I'm not familiar with the modern player line. I'm assuming its a step up from the made in Mexico stuff?

I assume so, though I couldn't swear to it.  They saw it good enough to put the Fender name on it rather than the Squier name, and it is definitely a lot better than the Squier gear - I played a Squier Jazz and a Squier Jaguar before I picked this one up.  Much superior.

Quote from: "stromboli"I don't own toys, I own tools. My "axe" is an axe.

Oldschool. Respect, sir!

Quote from: "Colanth"Got a new electric can opener today.  Doesn't count, huh?

Well.... you'd be buggered without it unless you fancy borrowing Stromboli's axe to get into a can of beans.  I guess it would make you happier than the alternative so why not?   :lol:

Colanth

Quote from: "Youssuf Ramadan"
Quote from: "Colanth"Got a new electric can opener today.  Doesn't count, huh?

Well.... you'd be buggered without it unless you fancy borrowing Stromboli's axe to get into a can of beans.  I guess it would make you happier than the alternative so why not?   :lol:
It makes my wife happier.  With her arthritis, she has to call me to open cans with a manual can opener.

She's sure she packed the electric one when we moved, but we recently finished unpacking the last carton and it hasn't shown up, so we had to buy a new one.  I'd still use my P38 (I don't know what the British Army called them, but they're little manual can openers, about as small as keys - 38mm long), but my hands aren't as strong as they used to be either.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

Jmpty

Quote from: "Youssuf Ramadan"Post here for any new stuff that you might have got:  music stuff, cars, bikes, fishing, sports stuff, camera stuff, any new gear that makes you happy!

I bought myself a new Fender Jazz bass. Bought it as a back-up bass in case my other one goes down at a gig. It's not a top of the range USA one, but one of the 'modern player' range made in China. I was sceptical at first, but it sounds great, plays great and the passive pick ups give me a few more options on top of my Stingray, which is active. Well pleased!  :mrgreen:
:D/
???  ??

AllPurposeAtheist

I got a new cigarette roller which by the way can in a pinch double as a joint roller if no pipe is available. I currently pay about 75 cents per pack of cigarettes, but bought some tobacco from 'a friend' at real bargain basement prices recently as well so I'm paying about 25 cents per pack. Sadly, and yes it's a real human tragedy story, marijuana isn't as cheap as tobacco.

Screw you non-smokers and your "you need to quit" speeches.. :)
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

billhilly

I'll play.  Here's one of mine.  I'm probably gonna sell it though.  

Here's one I won't be selling.

Solomon Zorn

I have a new model kit! Does that count?

This is a really fun to build snap-kit from Bandai. It's 1/72 scale, and comes with two pilot figures, one in front and one in back. It's from some movie called "Valley of the Wind". I have never seen the anime, but I liked the ship. I used an enamel wash on it, followed by pastel weathering.

Front Quarter:
http://s20.postimg.org/5nxeqq9bx/011.jpg

Rear Quarter:
http://s20.postimg.org/zekjchubh/012.jpg

Bottom:
http://s20.postimg.org/53mz1s5h9/007.jpg

Wing Flaps Open:
http://s20.postimg.org/s2jokp1h9/001.jpg
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

Johan

Quote from: "billhilly"I'll play.  Here's one of mine.  I'm probably gonna sell it though.  

[ Image ]

Nice. Alembic?
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

PopeyesPappy

I just picked up this 16' LR-308 today. I ordered some flip-ups for it, but it will be a while before get any optics.

Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

billhilly

Quote from: "Johan"
Quote from: "billhilly"I'll play.  Here's one of mine.  I'm probably gonna sell it though.  

[ Image ]

Nice. Alembic?

Thanks, the fretless is a custom.  The other one's a Zon.

Youssuf Ramadan

Behold the might of my new Barefaced Big Twin 2 bass cabinet.  I cost me a bloody fortune, but trouser-flapping bass thunder is now MINE!!   Unfortunately I have to wait til early December before I can crank 'er up live, so some wedding guests up in Torpoint will be my first victims mwahahahahaaaaa!!!  :twisted: