News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGDNaB6fZCU

Florida and Texas are the #3 and #4 states in terms of total confirmed covid cases, respectively.  And Arizona has one of the highest cases/population ratios in the country, surpassed only by New York and New Jersey.  But since they're long past their peaks and Arizona is still not out of the woods, that ranking may climb ever further.

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on July 15, 2020, 08:56:09 AM
A month ago I was pleasantly surprised by my county.

My county in CA is mainly ag based.  It has a very, very diverse population, yet is very, very conservative.  It always votes Repub.  Always.  Maga hats abound.  Yet, a month ago, we had only 300 cases of covid and 3 deaths.  I was surprised.  Then the Board of Supervisors thought it a good idea to open up and they did--business as usual.  Today, we have 13 dead and 2100 cases, and skyrocketing.  We are out of ICU beds.  The county reflects the overall picture; as a nation we are passing thru stupid into idiocy.  As a nation we are becoming too stupid to live.  This nation is exceptional in one thing--stupidity.  And we seem to relish it, for we are embracing it with all our might.  We have crashed thru the barrier of Banana Republic into worse than that.  We are fucking bat shit crazy..................

Just ask any non-American.  We aren't so special.  Yes, rural people don't have that urban sophistication some people over-value.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on July 15, 2020, 09:41:03 AM
It's like an alternate universe.

Some people have been in Hillary-verse for 4 years now.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on July 15, 2020, 10:05:31 AM
I just happen to be reading a book right now titled Defying Hitler.  It was written by a a German who lived through the bungling German administration of WWI, and watched in awe and frustration as Hitler rose to power.  He never actually defied Hitler.  He was just amazed at the idiocy of the times and unable to do anything about it.  When Hitler would say something stupid or offensive and people laughed at him, he would react and do something even more stupid or offensive, leaving people with their jaws agape. 

Now we are not in as bad a situation as Germany after WWI.  We have not been  defeated by our neighbors, but it seems like we act like it.  Hitler was never 100% liked, but he rose to power on a groundswell of support.  Was it an actual majority?  I don't know.  The writer seemed to be wondering about that too.

The story is just about one German looking on and wondering how such an atrocity could come to power.  And many of his peers felt the same way.  Every president is likened to Hitler by someone or another, and I'd prefer to stay away from that, but I can't help but see some profound similarities.  I can't make predictions about where we are going to end up, but this is getting weird.  I was going to say scary, but I think weird is a better description.

Quite a few Americans are part German.  I am half Germanic myself (Denmark, Holland, Westphalia, Switzerland).

Germany had a very different constitution.  The Weimar republic was very new, very weak, very Jewish.  President Hindenburg (who won the Presidential election of 1932) appointed Hitler Chancellor (like the current French President appoints or fires his PM).  After Hitler came to power, most Germans were quite happy with the crackdown on liberals, communists, Jews.  He became very popular because he wasn't a Weimar committee trying to find its ass, he was decisive and pro-German, not pro-European.  His defeat of Poland and France made him invincible in the public eye.  Germans really hate Poles and French.

In The Garden Of Beasts ... by Erik Larson ... is very good ... see top Nazis with their swastikas down.  Germanic alpha male charm.
Adolph Hitler ... by John Toland
The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich ... by William Shirer

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1932_German_presidential_election

How could it happen?  Germans were not surprised, they wanted to return to pre-WW I but without the Kaiser (who was a neurotic idiot).  Other Europeans thought all Germans were Mozart and Beethoven.  Churchill knew better, but had been anti-German since before WW I.

What were three crucial events ... Presidential Election 1932, Hitler came in as #2, demanded to be made Chancellor of the Weimar Republic, which Hindenburg agreed to Jan 1933 since the Nazis had the largest plurality in the Reichstag.  #3 guy in the Presidential election was a Communist aka AntiFa, who died later in the camps.  With the burning of the Reichstag in Feb 1933, came the Enabling Act in Mar 1933, giving emergency dictatorial powers to Hitler as Chancellor, approved by a rump Reichstag (some legislators were prevented from participating, since they were suspects in the fire) and Hindenberg.  It was still the Weimar republic until Hindenberg died in office in 1934.  After Hindenburg died, Hitler assumed, as dictator, both offices of Chancellor and President.  Like FDR, Hitler put people back to work on public construction projects, rebuilt the German armed forces (secretly) and repudiated the Versailles treaty in 1936.  Hitler sent a positive message to FDR early on, for taking the bull by the horns in the US (which is still controversial how much good FDR did until war production for Lend Lease kicked on).  The question of war guilt of the German people is still debated ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_collective_guilt

Except for being insane, Hitler would have become the greatest German leader of all time (yes, lets fight a major war on two fronts, again).

Covid isn't an issue, politics is.  Politics isn't an issue, the upcoming election is.  The election isn't an issue, it is Nazis under the bed.  Go watch ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sx-rrBv2lyc

Get all the faux anti-Nazi fantasy out of your system.  Or pretend you are a French Resistance fighter (they were mostly Communists).  Germano-phobia is a lot like Americano-phobia.

The Phantom Menace review on the movie string pretty well explains "lack of agency".  It applies to both Germany and the US.  Nobody wants to take responsibility, they want Big Brother to do it.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

""Lockdown 2.0" Will Ensure The US Remains In An Economic Depression Through The 2020 Election" ... color me surprised.  We only got out of the Obama Depression of 2009, in 2018,

"Walmart Will Require All Customers To Wear Masks Starting July 20" ... about time.  How about having mostly US made stuff, like old man Waltonl ran things back in the day?  How do I know that all that Chinese shit isn't covered in Covid?

"28 Million More Americans Could Wind Up Homeless Due To The COVID-19 Pandemic" ... avoid ICU saturation or make tens of millions of Americans unemployed and homeless, what to do, what to do?  Sweden was smarter than anyone.

"Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine Induced Adverse Reactions In "More Than Half" Of Trial Participants" ... poorly tested vaccines are dangerous.  Even when well developed and tested, a percentage of people get reactions.  The story about Gates in Africa and India are plausible.  People who say trust doctors are ... employees of Big Pharma, which is mostly CCP China now.

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on July 15, 2020, 08:48:02 PM
Pence: "we don't want CDC guidance to be a reason why people don't reopen their schools"

Sounds encouraging.  He's going to be sending his kids first, right?

Just like Mrs Obama sent her kids to public school ;-)

"Back To School? "No Thanks" Say Millions Of Newly Homeschooling Parents" ... if one parent is unemployed, why not?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Baruch

You can thank asymptomatic Covid.  If one knowingly goes to a restaurant, while the inside seating was briefly open, while having a fever, of if you weren't wearing a mask, you are asked to leave.  Of course while eating, it is mask off.  In fast food places, if you go into the lobby to pick up fast food to go, and don't wear a mask, you are asked to leave.  But yes, stupid photo op on his part.

Meanwhile at NHS in Britain, a few whistleblowers have confirmed the inflation of the "case" data (multiple tests on the same patient counted) and the inflation of the death certificates (what, no full autopsy?).  In the US, the hospital gets paid a bounty for each patient that dies, and a great bounty if marked as Covid.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SGOS

[/quote]
Quote from: Hydra009 on July 15, 2020, 08:48:02 PM
Pence: "we don't want CDC guidance to be a reason why people don't reopen their schools"
I've heard Pence is thought to be smarter than Trump.  I have no actually knowledge that this is true, but the above seems at least as dumb as Trump.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on July 16, 2020, 10:06:42 AM
I've heard Pence is thought to be smarter than Trump.  I have no actually knowledge that this is true, but the above seems at least as dumb as Trump.

Definitely a political decision.  And increases the conspiracy theory against CDC ;-(  Dr Fauci being head of CDC started the conspiracy theory.  Of course, not a surprise that a politician makes a political decision (that is dumb).  Biden is no politician, so he is free of this problem ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Source

Quote“If I’m infected with COVID, it’s because I’ve not been taking care of my immune system. You know how your immune system gets strong? It’s by being in the dirt and getting exposed to bacteria and viruses,” Robertson said.

Baruch

The masking, is mass placebo ... I approve of placebos.  Better than the poorly tested vaccine (for making trillions of dollars) that you will be forced to take by the politicians, who work for Fauci and Gates, who work for the CCP, who work for the Rothschilds (Us Jews will do it again) ... which I also approve of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-W4YetUHhKM

I think this anthem is even more musical than the old Soviet one.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

So, I think I figured out why we're dead last when it comes to combating this virus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Q3PSISAZL8

Blackleaf

What a bunch of idiots.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--