News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

What A Relief!

Started by Solitary, July 23, 2014, 10:11:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solitary

My son was flying from China to Taiwan and I saw on the news that a plane crashed there.  My son called and let us know he was OK. I wish he didn't have to fly so much, he has over a million miles of flight time, usually in those areas.   :pray: See, my wife's prayers were answered.  :razz: :doh: :biggrin2: Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

stromboli

Quote from: Solitary on July 23, 2014, 10:11:20 AM
My son was flying from China to Taiwan and I saw on the news that a plane crashed there.  My son called and let us know he was OK. I wish he didn't have to fly so much, he has over a million miles of flight time, usually in those areas.   :pray: See, my wife's prayers were answered.  :razz: :doh: :biggrin2: Solitary

Happy for you. Got the same reaction when my son was injured in Iraq. He called us from Rhein Main in Germany on his cell 2 days before we were "notified" by the Red Cross. Gotta love technology.

AllPurposeAtheist

I'm glad he wasn't on that flight too.. I've had similar scares too. There was a crash several years ago where the plane burst into flames when it crashed and my dad was supposed to be on that flight, but go caught up in traffic and missed it. I can remember my mother being almost hysterical and when the phone rang she wouldn't answer it so I did and it was my dad calling to say he would be late. He was completely unaware of the crash so I had to be a jerk and hand the phone to my mom as solemn as possible. I think she threw it at me after she hung up..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Bibliofagus

Good for you! I'm from the Netherlands and lucky enough to not know any victims on the Oekraïne flight. But I know many people who did.
Quote from: \"the_antithesis\"Faith says, "I believe this and I don\'t care what you say, I cannot possibly be wrong." Faith is an act of pride.

Quote from: \"AllPurposeAtheist\"The moral high ground was dug up and made into a walmart apparently today.

Tornadoes caused: 2, maybe 3.

stromboli

I was on an airplane in a Connecticut airport that was poised for takeoff on the runway, when the flight was suddenly aborted. Something to do with a fuel leak. Probably the one that was causing everyone in the plane to tear up and gasp for breath. That was probably the worst. The best was a half dunk stewardess sitting on my lap and telling me how she adored men in uniform. Apparently that airline didn't keep its contract with the Navy, because we never saw them again. Sad.

Solitary

My best flight was back to the United States from Shannon when I had a religious missionary asleep sitting next to me with her head on my shoulder as her mini-skirt kept crawling up. I had a hard time explaining to my wife about the picture of her she wanted me to take of her siting with her skirt jacked up showing her panties..  :naughty:  :biggrin2: Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.