Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

"Ark Encounter" Opens Today

Started by stromboli, July 07, 2016, 09:21:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexxmedeiros

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on October 14, 2016, 02:29:29 PM
Prove it.

You just did. Your asking me for proof. Proof presupposes truth. You can't have truth without God.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alexxmedeiros

Quote from: TrueStory on October 14, 2016, 02:26:30 PM
lol at least you admit you have no idea, i'm not sure how that translates into confidence that something happens though.

My confidence is that God said it. God said the flood happened, it happened.

What's so hard about that? You call God a liar.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: alexxmedeiros on October 14, 2016, 02:46:36 PM
You just did. Your asking me for proof. Proof presupposes truth. You can't have truth without God.

Still with the quibbles. You can prove any god or gods exist, so your argument has no basis.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

alexxmedeiros

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on October 14, 2016, 03:07:38 PM
Still with the quibbles. You can prove any god or gods exist, so your argument has no basis.

Are you certain? Could you be wrong?

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Jason Harvestdancer

Quote from: alexxmedeiros on October 14, 2016, 01:33:30 PMI believe in a lot of crazy things because God has revealed them to me to be true. I've not witnessed them and A lot of the time I'm not sure about how they exactly happened but I do know for certain that they did happen.

You can not say that it did not happen for certain. Therefore you can not know that it didn't happen.

I can say there is a complete lack of evidence for a global flood within the last billion years, but you will not accept that.  A global flood of that description would leave behind lots of evidence of itself, even if it demolishes all evidence of anything that came before it.

We have a pretty rich geological record.  There is plenty of evidence in it for what came before right now.

I can say there is no evidence for such a flood and plenty against, and we have never found the unfinished Tower of Babel.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

Gawdzilla Sama

Rational answers need not apply.
PZ Myers

alexxmedeiros

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on October 14, 2016, 03:24:51 PM
I can say there is a complete lack of evidence for a global flood within the last billion years, but you will not accept that.  A global flood of that description would leave behind lots of evidence of itself, even if it demolishes all evidence of anything that came before it.

We have a pretty rich geological record.  There is plenty of evidence in it for what came before right now.

I can say there is no evidence for such a flood and plenty against, and we have never found the unfinished Tower of Babel.

Evidence assumes truth. What is truth? How do you get truth in your world view?

Mike Cl

Quote from: alexxmedeiros on October 14, 2016, 02:47:23 PM
My confidence is that God said it. God said the flood happened, it happened.

What's so hard about that? You call God a liar.

I will call your god a liar.  And you are simply a gullible fish.  You seem to think that if you believe it it is true.  Since you don't believe in facts, there really is nothing to discuss.  You are brainless and hopeless.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

alexxmedeiros

Quote from: Mike Cl on October 14, 2016, 03:44:09 PM
I will call your god a liar.  And you are simply a gullible fish.  You seem to think that if you believe it it is true.  Since you don't believe in facts, there really is nothing to discuss.  You are brainless and hopeless.

God says it therefore it is true.

Not "I believe it therefore it's true."

But you can't know anything so how do you know that I am brainless and hopeless?

Mike Cl

Quote from: alexxmedeiros on October 14, 2016, 03:47:30 PM
God says it therefore it is true.

Not "I believe it therefore it's true."

But you can't know anything so how do you know that I am brainless and hopeless?

You are brainless by your statements and continuous question.  What is truth?
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Jason Harvestdancer

Quote from: alexxmedeiros on October 14, 2016, 03:34:08 PM
Evidence assumes truth. What is truth? How do you get truth in your world view?

What do you mean by "evidence assumes truth"?

Do you doubt the information provided by your senses?
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

Hijiri Byakuren

Alexx, how often do you crap and fart?

Equal opportunity butt-stabber.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Jason Harvestdancer

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on October 14, 2016, 04:05:12 PM
Alexx, how often do you crap and fart?

Equal opportunity butt-stabber.

First you have to define "crap" and "fart", and then you have to define "often".  Those are all knowledge terms and you can't have knowledge without truth and you can't have truth without his version of god.

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on October 14, 2016, 04:13:07 PM
First you have to define "crap" and "fart", and then you have to define "often".  Those are all knowledge terms and you can't have knowledge without truth and you can't have truth without his version of god.

Without his version of god revealing it to you.

I'm beginning to think our Alexx is off his meds again.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.