News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

NC sad.  Don't know why it is so bad there.  Pulled pork?  Non-kosher!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"Coronavirus Propaganda Mimics War Propaganda" ... other than violence, this is all the government has in their tool box.

"India Extends Lockdown For 4th Time As New Cases, Deaths Climb To Record Highs" ... gotta go slow ;-(

""Bet You Stay Home Now!!" Arsonist Burns Down Lockdown-Rule-Breaking Church" ... the US has had a spate of church shooting and church burnings over the last 20 years.  Don't think this is actually political.  Prior perps have been shown to be insane/drugged.  Kind of like rioters, but solitary.

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Quote from: Baruch on May 30, 2020, 01:14:34 PMNC sad.  Don't know why it is so bad there.
The whole bible belt is much the same.  Virginia hit a pretty big high as well.  (Which is odd because their official page doesn't show it.  Curious.)

Don't know why?  You should know why, or at least have a good guess.  It's not rocket science to figure out why states that reopened way too early and people who don't listen to medical experts are having a second wave.

QuotePulled pork?  Non-kosher!
I could really go for some of that right now.  It's amazing over here.  And some new brunswick stew.  I've seen some recipes where they use chicken instead of pork for their stew.  Heresy!

drunkenshoe

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on May 30, 2020, 01:34:26 PM
Wut?

https://www.livescience.com/monkey-steals-covid-19-blood-samples.html

Actually quite funny.  During the lockdowns the urban fauna have been going nuts, since they aren't getting the same amount of trash to eat.  And that is just the people!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2020-05-29/communion-ritual-unchanged-in-orthodox-church-despite-virus

Hoooboy.  Where to begin.

You know, I didn't believe this one at first.  So I looked up their coronavirus procedures.  They don't allow the priest to touch people, the pews don't have any books (because people could spread it on that) so it's strictly BYOB, and they even wipe down the pews afterwards.  All very smart, very responsible things.

But that whole eucharist ceremony?  Completely unchanged.  Presumably, the American priests have the foresight to do that ceremony safely even though the rules don't explicitly call for it, unlike their Greek counterparts, but you never know.

SGOS

Quote from: Hydra009 on May 30, 2020, 01:30:06 PM
The whole bible belt is much the same.  Virginia hit a pretty big high as well.

It's not rocket science to figure out why states that reopened way too early and people who don't listen to medical experts are having a second wave.
Restaurants appear to still be drive through only in rural Virginia.  I don't actually know what all the guidelines are, but I have been watching people slacking off wearing masks and distancing themselves.  I also watch the infection rates in my county, which is only a population of 18,000, but about the time people started getting lax, the infection rate started to inch up from two.  A week later it was 4, then 8, and then doubled to 18 in the last couple of weeks.  This is a small test population, but there does seem to be a correlation between human behavior and infection rates.  About the time of our recent "dramatic" rise in infection rates, I think I've noticed more people wearing masks, including some husky looking fellows that drive those unnecessarily large pickups.  But mask wearing is still only around 25%.

Edit:  No, I don't think mask wearing is that high.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on May 30, 2020, 10:27:46 PM
https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2020-05-29/communion-ritual-unchanged-in-orthodox-church-despite-virus

Hoooboy.  Where to begin.

You know, I didn't believe this one at first.  So I looked up their coronavirus procedures.  They don't allow the priest to touch people, the pews don't have any books (because people could spread it on that) so it's strictly BYOB, and they even wipe down the pews afterwards.  All very smart, very responsible things.

But that whole eucharist ceremony?  Completely unchanged.  Presumably, the American priests have the foresight to do that ceremony safely even though the rules don't explicitly call for it, unlike their Greek counterparts, but you never know.

In most Protestant churches, the minister doesn't touch the communion wafers or the tiny plastic cups of wine.  That is because of prior concerns about hygiene.  Usually the wine is only grape juice (concerns against alcohol).  In older denominations, the priest sips from the common wine cup, and all share the same bread loaf (bits of which are often dipped individually into the common wine cup).  Dissension over this (and primitive hygiene concerns) is part of the reason for the early Reformation in Bohemia.  The priests there simply weren't sharing the wine at all with the congregation.  The congregation was thinking that the priest was "in communion/saved" and they were not!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

I don't know if it's been mentioned, but expect to see a surge in the next week or so from all these protests.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Munch

Quote from: Shiranu on May 31, 2020, 11:54:24 AM
I don't know if it's been mentioned, but expect to see a surge in the next week or so from all these protests.

And here I thought those ignoring lockdown and going to beach would cause a second wave.

Funny thing, with these protests, they have twice as much reason to wear masks, both to protect from the virus and to hide their identity while protesting, but some of them aren't even doing that.

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

"My wife is a healthcare worker and has gotten 3 COVID-19 tests over the last 2 months.  We got the bill for the first one today: $18,415 w/o insurance." ... quote from victim of capitalist Covid.

"Yale Epidemiologist: Hydroxychloroquine Should Be 'Widely Available And Promoted Immediately' As Standard Treatment" ... with zinc, early in treatment.

"World Health Organisation admits it never probed Chinese wet markets or labs" ...  Chicom bitch.  Glad we have completely cut them off from US money.

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"German Official Leaks Report Denouncing COVID-19 As "A Global False Alarm"" ... Germans are always wrong.  This is a global false flag by the Elite ;-)

"Plastic's Back! COVID Contamination Concerns Crush California's "Green" New Deal" ... I use paper disposables.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"Virus "No Longer Exists" In Italy, Top Italian Doctor Sees COVID Potency Plunge" ... good for Italy.  Too bad they still have the EU bug ;-)

"China finds 300 asymptomatic cases after testing all 10 million people in Wuhan" ... too bad the tests are unreliable (these had to be anti-body tests).  So hard to isolate carriers that way ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Sal1981

Quote from: Baruch on June 01, 2020, 07:52:12 AM
"Plastic's Back! COVID Contamination Concerns Crush California's "Green" New Deal" ... I use paper disposables.
Air dryers, especially the Dyson ones, are very effective in making an aerosol of people's badly washed wet hands, and seeing as 80% don't wash their hands properly, is making that into germ spreaders.

Paper dispensers don't have these problems.

Munch

Quote from: Sal1981 on June 02, 2020, 11:53:19 AM
Air dryers, especially the Dyson ones, are very effective in making an aerosol of people's badly washed wet hands, and seeing as 80% don't wash their hands properly, is making that into germ spreaders.

Paper dispensers don't have these problems.

I saw a video once on how air dryers when used, the vents in the dryers collect the particles of peoples excrement floating around in the toilet area and blasts them into your hands. You then go to the cinema or to lunch and use those hands to eat food with.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin