News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

"Jabbed: How the Vaccine Industry, Medical Establishment, and Government Stick It to You and Your Family by Brett Wilcox" ... vaccines aren't without negative consequences, when they come from Big Pharma.

PS - "Testing shows hundreds of thousands in LA County may have been infected with coronavirus"
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

I'm sorry, Mermaid I'm extremely worried, I'm afraid... I don't know what to think or say... Politicians suck at the best place on earth right now. People need to support each other. It's going to be a harsh lesson.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Mermaid

Quote from: drunkenshoe on April 21, 2020, 11:16:27 AM
I'm sorry, Mermaid I'm extremely worried, I'm afraid... I don't know what to think or say... Politicians suck at the best place on earth right now. People need to support each other. It's going to be a harsh lesson.
It will be. It's frustrating to know that many people will not take it as a lesson, but that's out of my control. I do not plan to leave my house for a really long time.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Draconic Aiur

A harsh lesson that libertarians and conservatives won't learn.

Hydra009

Let me know if this sounds familiar:

A city experiences a bunch of new cases, closes down a lot of public events (hesitant to close churches, though) and people are ordered to wear masks.  Some people think that it's their god-given right to spread germs and try to flaunt the semi-lockdown.

After a while, new cases start leveling off and masks are no longer officially required.  People immediately thrown 'em off and go back to business as normal.  And wouldn't you know it, there's a second wave of infection, a new mask law, and even more resistance to wearing masks.

Over time, new cases decline, but it took a hell of a toll.  And obviously, both public officials and private citizens could've handled things better.  And next time, they will.  Maybe.

Baruch

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on April 21, 2020, 11:44:20 AM
A harsh lesson that libertarians and conservatives won't learn.

Which lesson?  That Dems worked with Deep State to coup the President?  Remember what the President was focused on in January, not China.  That Dems are Chinese communists?  That Dems steal foreign aid funds with the help of Ukrainian oligarchs??

Sorry, I knew that Dems were demonic back under LBJ ... so this isn't new.  I originally thought it was limited to LBJ, so I was a Dem for 20 years.  Can I take all my votes back from the Chinese Democratic Party now?

Liberals, Progressives etc ... never learn from history, because only conservatives believe that shit.  Progressives believe in an imaginary future that won't ever arrive.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on April 21, 2020, 11:56:25 AM
Let me know if this sounds familiar:

A city experiences a bunch of new cases, closes down a lot of public events (hesitant to close churches, though) and people are ordered to wear masks.  Some people think that it's their god-given right to spread germs and try to flaunt the semi-lockdown.

After a while, new cases start leveling off and masks are no longer officially required.  People immediately thrown 'em off and go back to business as normal.  And wouldn't you know it, there's a second wave of infection, a new mask law, and even more resistance to wearing masks.

Over time, new cases decline, but it took a hell of a toll.  And obviously, both public officials and private citizens could've handled things better.  And next time, they will.  Maybe.

Yes, but cases don't count.  Only deaths, and those are cooked numbers too.

"Sweden Vs COVID-19: Why "Herd Immunity" Matters & Why Lockdown Doesn't Really Work" ... a utopia for US Progressives.  They simply let the vulnerable die.  No lockdown.  All their Muslim refugee would have objected.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Non-US Covid News:

"Spaniards Face â,¬2,000 Fine For "Disrespecting" A Police Officer During Lockdown" ... shades of General Franco ... "The biggest fine â€" a gargantuan â,¬10,400 euros â€" is reserved for anyone who attempts to “to organize or participate in a gathering, party or celebration.”"

"Black Market Demand for COVID-19-Fighting HIV Drug Surges In Russia" ... the Chinese have used these, so Russians are getting their supply early.  How did a bat get HIV?  Was a gay man having sex with it? ;-)

"Merkel May Survive The Coronapocalypse, But The EU Won't" ... may end up in her own version of Downfall ;-(

"Turkey Overtakes China & Iran In Total COVID-19 Cases But Still Resists Lockdown" ... cases, not deaths

"India Reports Record Spike In Coronavirus Cases Just As It Starts Reopening Economy" ... cases, not deaths

Increase is cases <= increase in tests.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

US Covid News:

"Trump Vows To End Obama Admin's Funding To Wuhan Virus Lab" ... too late.

"Former FDA Commissioner Warns Waiting For "Optimal" Testing Capacity Before Reopening Simply "Not Possible"" ... most testing is still being done in hospital, not in the general population.

"Fauci: No Recovery Possible If Virus Isn't "Under Control"" ... have to wait for the Bill Gates vaccine, that Dr Death has a financial interest in?

"Harvard And Other 'Well Endowed' Colleges Face Backlash For Tapping Tens Of Millions In Stimulus Funds" ... they counted as small businesses.

""The Hit Is Huge": Colleges Brace For 'Fatal' Blow Of Next Fall As Face-To-Face Instruction Uncertain" ... fully remote classes aren't ready.  Don't bother enrolling this Fall?

"Exposing Harvard's Chinese Agent Charles Lieber's "Virus Transmitters"" ... Dr Charles Lieber was recently arrested for being a Chinese biowarfare agent.  He worked on nano-technology (robot viruses).

"Big Brother Bezos Is Now Tracking Amazon Factory Workers With Thermal Imaging Camera" ... how to detect people with elevated temperature at work.

"Facebook Bans Civil Disobedience, Removes Posts Organizing Anti-Lockdown Protests" ... more on the social media branch of the CIA.

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

In UK ... "Job Retention Scheme IT actually worked first time - faints with surprise!" ... they didn't hire one of Michelle Obama's college friends ;-)  So much better than the failed Small Business assistance program that immediately ran out of money in the US last week, because every pig decided they were a small business ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

Our lt. governor had a great quote on reopening the economy...

"There are more important things than living, and that's saving this country for my children and my grandchildren and saving this country for all of us."

This quote brought to you by the party of, "Socialized medicine just means the state gets to decide who lives and dies!"

Of course, by children and grandchildren he means big business donors. Also he isn't on the front line, it's not his life at stake; easy to talk about how we have to willingly and gladly sacrifice at the altar of capitalism when you aren't the one being sacrificed.

https://www.newsweek.com/texas-lt-gov-dan-patrick-fox-news-tucker-carlson-1499106
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on April 21, 2020, 01:41:00 PM
Our lt. governor had a great quote on reopening the economy...

"There are more important things than living, and that's saving this country for my children and my grandchildren and saving this country for all of us."

This quote brought to you by the party of, "Socialized medicine just means the state gets to decide who lives and dies!"

Of course, by children and grandchildren he means big business donors. Also he isn't on the front line, it's not his life at stake; easy to talk about how we have to willingly and gladly sacrifice at the altar of capitalism when you aren't the one being sacrificed.

https://www.newsweek.com/texas-lt-gov-dan-patrick-fox-news-tucker-carlson-1499106

Sounds like a great state to set up the Gulag for Dem prisoners ;-)  I certainly don't care if the running dogs of the Red Chinese have a good time ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Meme ... "Bidens: The Bidens are not for sale.  China: It’s true.  We already bought them" ... about Hunter Biden, his continued presence on the board of a Chinese company, and that $1.3 billion that changed hands ...

Where did it all start?

"To achieve world government, it is necessary to remove from the minds of men, their individualism, loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogmas" - Brock Chisholm, first director-general of WHO.

Sounds like most people who post here ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mr.Obvious

The protests in America are odd to me.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Sal1981

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on April 21, 2020, 02:41:46 PM
The protests in America are odd to me.
Fear and misinformation is a dangerous cocktail.