News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Disturbing headlines

Started by Seabear, July 26, 2013, 03:02:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seabear

"There is a saying in the scientific community, that every great scientific truth goes through three phases. First, people deny it. Second, they say it conflicts with the Bible. Third, they say they knew it all along."

- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Satt

Quote from: \"the_antithesis\"We\'re a bunch of twats on the internet. We can\'t help you. You should see a psychologist.

stromboli

Rule #1: Use your brain to make decisions, not your ego. This from a married man; sheesh.

AllPurposeAtheist

Weiner will probably jump over to join the GOP and get fleabagger backing. Not many democrats are to interested in him. The NYT editorial board ripped him mercilessly, but there are the nilly willy liberals who will vote for him for name recognition and no other reason thinking ANY democrat with name recognition is great..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Colanth

Women have a problem with Weiner?  Isn't that something like Jews having a problem with Hitler?  Sort of a foregone conclusion?
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

Johan

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"but there are the nilly willy liberals who will vote for him for name recognition and no other reason thinking ANY democrat with name recognition is great..
Why do people think like this? Whenever I've asked someone about who they voted for, I usually get the same response from everyone regardless of which side they're on. Something along the lines of I wasn't happy about voting for him but I felt he was the lessor of the two evils. Very few people are ever truly happy about the people they elect. Very few people ever feel they've chosen the best person for the job. At best they feel like they've elected the person who is going to fuck things up the least.

And yet time and time and time again I hear comments like these about those on the other side of the fence who just love any candidate that is on their own side. I get why people do it. Deep down they feel that those who vote differently from themselves must therefore be stupid. The thing is, when you make broad sweeping generalizations about every member of a competing party being stupid, you only make yourself look ignorant. Just some food for thought there.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

Nonsensei

LOL theres just no way to make a headline about Weiner without it being a hilarious double entendre.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

MrsSassyPants

Why would anyone vote for Weiner?  I find that a lot disturbing.
If you don't chew big red then FUCK YOU!

Solitary

:rollin: Isn't that the truth.  :roll: Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Valigarmander

That Weiner's getting a pretty dry reception. By the looks of it, he may have to pull out early.

stromboli

Quote from: "Valigarmander"That Weiner's getting a pretty dry reception. By the looks of it, he may have to pull out early.

I see what you did there.......... :rollin:

Brian37

Quote from: "Seabear"Women's groups go on attack against Weiner
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/poli ... k/2589143/
 :shock:

In all seriousness, we can joke about his name, but his "crime" wasn't the texting, or even the pics(unless he had sent them to someone under age). His crime was lying, not the sex act or sex talk itself.

I do get pissed off with "morality police" even if it is on the left. I bet if you could look at the hard drives of most republican politicians and republican voters, you'd find much the same type of behavior.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

Brian37

Quote from: "stromboli"
Quote from: "Valigarmander"That Weiner's getting a pretty dry reception. By the looks of it, he may have to pull out early.

I see what you did there.......... :rollin:

Precum still counts.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "Nonsensei"LOL theres just no way to make a headline about Weiner without it being a hilarious double entendre.

:rollin:  This^  
Oh so This   :rollin:
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

ApostateLois

There needs to be a Carlos Danger action figure before this is all over.
"Now we see through a glass dumbly." ~Crow, MST3K #903, "Puma Man"