What are you listening to? Part II (The Revengening)

Started by Agramon, February 15, 2013, 02:22:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassia

I used to constantly dream about playing keys with these guys, Talk Talk...Mark Hollis dropped out of the business and mostly out of sight way before before getting sick and dying a few years ago. Never even saw them, they didn't really tour much..if at all. Chord progressions are so unusual and lovely.

https://youtu.be/xMZeYuRNaW8

Shiranu

Every day is a good day to *remove from server* an autocrat.

Cassia

Czech, if that's the language 'sings out' nicely to my English ears....

drunkenshoe

"Czech" sounds/means "pull" in pronunciation of my mother language, so I just pulled it and waiting.  :histerical:

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are good people and bad people. You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides." Havelock Vetinari

drunkenshoe

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are good people and bad people. You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides." Havelock Vetinari

Shiranu

Shiranu

Got a mic, so I can actually do vocal bits now; and holy shit, game changer.

Just a teaser for something I'm still mastering and adding bits of ear candy to, but I am seriously excited about getting this out into the world (hopefully within the next week *fingers crossed*)! And yes... that's actually my voice with just a little reverb and some OTT lol.

(Unrelated, but oh my god seeing this picture reminds me I need to play Griz again; wrong thread, but seriously if you've never played it... just get it. It's only 4 hours long, so watch for a sell, but ugggggggggggh it's so good. Mostly just a side scroller, no combat that I remember, just atmosphere and music that reacts to you and soft puzzles - like Journey, but more direct with it's message on mental health [as little spoiling as I can do]).

Shiranu

Now this is fucking talent. Observing the environment, listening intently to what they saying, and making a banger on the spot off the top of his head.

drunkenshoe

Shiranu

This dude is literally the second coming of Daft Punk's innovation, and he is from Paris as well. How Daft Punk incorporated dance roots like disco, Chicago/Detroit house and soul into the EDM of their time (house), TTA does with modern EDM production & a bit more 80's pop & also disco. This is top tier synthwave & edm. The quality of production is just... *chef's kiss*

GSOgymrat

Pat Benatar has been nominated for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. I can't believe she was not inducted years ago. Unlike some other members, her primary genre is actually rock and roll.

https://youtu.be/mIosHNpGjTE

Mike Cl

Pat Benatar has always been in my personal hall of fame--music version.  Long, long overdue. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Shiranu

"Soon as I press that button, n-s better get right like an ambulance coming."

I'm embarrassed by how long it took me to get that line and how good it is lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SejM_hBvMM