what would be an actually good reason to believe in a god.

Started by doorknob, August 13, 2016, 02:28:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaleb5000

Quote from: Mike Cl on October 15, 2016, 07:12:13 PM
Surely you are not dense.
If your god could produce the bible for you--and I assume that you believe that--why not create one for every person, in every language, in every time frame?  Surely a god who can create the universe can figure out how to make itself known to the creatures he created to populate that universe.  And why not create something that is not open to interpretation?  Surely your god can do that?? 

And I have looked long, hard and deep for any scrap of evidence that Jesus existed at all.  I've found none.  After 30+ years I have come to the conclusion that he is simply a fiction.  As is god.  So, it follows that the christian religion is based on fiction.

Clearly you have not looked hard enough or not in the right places. Even many atheist do not deny that Jesus existed. Stop looking to atheist for the answers: look to people like Greg Koukl, C.S. Lewis, Hugh Ross, Lee Strobl, and Frank Turek.

I'll ask you the same question. What kind of evidence would you expect from a timeless , spaceless, immaterial God?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TrueStory

Quote from: Kaleb5000 on October 15, 2016, 07:39:51 PM

What kind of evidence would you expect from a timeless , spaceless, immaterial God?

The same for all of the other timeless, spaceless, imaterial things, which is nothing because it's imaginary.
Please don't take anything I say seriously.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Kaleb5000 on October 15, 2016, 07:39:51 PM

Kaleb--Clearly you have not looked hard enough or not in the right places. Even many atheist do not deny that Jesus existed. Stop looking to atheist for the answers: look to people like Greg Koukl, C.S. Lewis, Hugh Ross, Lee Strobl, and Frank Turek.
Me--Clearly you are blinded by the propaganda--and clearly you have not look hard enough; you do need to add all viewpoints to determine if there is evidence or not.  I have found none.  And you have no idea who and what I have read.  But that is typical of the typical blowhard and willfully ignorant christian.

Kaleb--I'll ask you the same question. What kind of evidence would you expect from a timeless , spaceless, immaterial God?
Me--read what I wrote.

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Kaleb5000

Quote from: Mike Cl on October 15, 2016, 07:59:33 PM

So you say I have no evidence.

Yet you definitely don't have any answers so are you willfully ignorant?

I have heard no argument from any atheist that with a little research could be proven false or show that their is inadequate evidence for the position.

I myself was a agnostic and a atheist at one point in time. It was only because I refused to see the writing on the wall. If you can study the people I have studied and come up with good reasons or answers to dispute people like CS Lewis I would love to hear them.

I'll answer my own question to you once I have received a answer from you.

Kaleb5000

Quote from: TrueStory on October 15, 2016, 07:48:10 PM
The same for all of the other timeless, spaceless, imaterial things, which is nothing because it's imaginary.

That's your answer?

TrueStory

Quote from: Kaleb5000 on October 15, 2016, 08:25:54 PM

That's your answer?

It's the answer.  How do you interact with a timeless, spaceless, immaterial thing? 

Kaleb5000

Quote from: TrueStory on October 15, 2016, 08:32:27 PM
It's the answer.  How do you interact with a timeless, spaceless, immaterial thing?

What do you mean by interact?

Kaleb5000

Quote from: TrueStory on October 15, 2016, 07:48:10 PM

Are your thoughts imaginary?

Are you saying you have to have hard evidence you have to use your senses to experience in order to know that it's real?

Mike Cl

Quote from: Kaleb5000 on October 15, 2016, 08:23:35 PM

So you say I have no evidence.

Yet you definitely don't have any answers so are you willfully ignorant?

I have heard no argument from any atheist that with a little research could be proven false or show that their is inadequate evidence for the position.

I myself was a agnostic and a atheist at one point in time. It was only because I refused to see the writing on the wall. If you can study the people I have studied and come up with good reasons or answers to dispute people like CS Lewis I would love to hear them.

I'll answer my own question to you once I have received a answer from you.

You have made the claim that jesus is real.  Give me one piece of evidence that suggests that he was an actual person.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

TrueStory

Quote from: Kaleb5000 on October 15, 2016, 08:39:31 PM

What do you mean by interact?

Already a parry with definitions huh, i'm sure you've used the word before. 

TrueStory

Quote from: Kaleb5000 on October 15, 2016, 08:42:13 PM

Are your thoughts imaginary?

Are you saying you have to have hard evidence you have to use your senses to experience in order to know that it's real?

If god is only in my thoughts then i'll just simply wish it away with another thought. 

I asked a question actually.

Kaleb5000

Quote from: Mike Cl on October 15, 2016, 08:45:43 PM
You have made the claim that jesus is real.  Give me one piece of evidence that suggests that he was an actual person.

You still are avoiding my question but that is ok let's move on to Jesus.

What evidence would be sufficient for you to agree that Jesus was  actual person who was who he claimed to be?

You don't have to give a long answer. Just some examples of what would be acceptable to you?

Kaleb5000

Quote from: TrueStory on October 15, 2016, 08:47:11 PM
Already a parry with definitions huh, i'm sure you've used the word before.

I have but you can interact with someone or something in various ways. So in what way are you referring?

Kaleb5000

Quote from: TrueStory on October 15, 2016, 08:50:03 PM
If god is only in my thoughts then i'll just simply wish it away with another thought. 

I asked a question actually.

You missed my point. You were saying God is imaginary because he is spaceless, timeless and immaterial.

So are your thoughts except maybe timeless. So because you can't see or touch your thoughts, how do you know they exist.

TrueStory

Quote from: Kaleb5000 on October 15, 2016, 09:01:26 PM

I have but you can interact with someone or something in various ways. So in what way are you referring?

Well what are the ways you interact with a timeless, spaceless, immaterial thing?