News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

questions and answers anyone?

Started by Drich0150, June 15, 2017, 05:41:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fencerider

drich your long post has 18 or 19 spelling errors in it, slow down man

tithe is not a Jewish thing it is in many places in the new testament. Paul is the one that brings it up the most.

there aren't any pearly gates to get into heaven. There is one pearl gate. One of 12 gates to enter the new Jerusalem. No where near the judgement.
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Drich0150

sorry about all the misspellings i will work on that.

tithe is defined in the OT as a 10% tax that is to be paid directly to God via the temple.

This is not what paul mentions in 1cor 16:2 Paul say set something aside... Yes it is giving back but it is not a set amount. it is based on what you can Give.

When I say tithe I mean the legal tax God put on the jews. He has no such requirement on the church.

Oh and I do run a business during the day as well, so my responses will always seem a little rushed or hurried. That said if something is unclear just ask and I will respond with a correction.
1Thess 5:21 Question all things and hold on to what is Good. This is a charge meant for those who think themselves Christian. We are to question the foundational as well as the questionable, and hold on to the truth. Because I've done this my answers may be... Different than the typical Christian

Cavebear

The ignorance of believers in their own belief system never fails to amaze and amuse me!  If I had a nickle for every time I have shown a theist something they never knew about their own beliefs, I would have nearly $10!
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Unbeliever

Quote from: aitm on June 29, 2017, 07:48:46 PM
there it is....xians be like "READ THE BABBLE, FIND DA LAWD...DA TRUTH BE IN DA BABBLE....GODS WORDS ARE PERFECT...IT ALL BE IN DA BABBLE.....but

suddenly, it takes a word "mixologist" to decipher what the babble "really means" ..I mean. MY GOD DO YOU THINK GOD WROTE IT TO BE UNDERSTOOD?????

So contortinists put their legs behind their head, their arms around their neck and their head up their ass in order to make what the babble really says into what they think the babble says..hence....one must "ask yourself"..what you want the babble to say.

To bad they don't actually...you know...read it.

But hey....what kind of exercise would that be?
Yeah, people like Drich say "the Bible doesn't really mean what it says - it means what I say!"

It's just pathetic...
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Unbeliever

Quote from: trdsf on June 29, 2017, 11:02:35 PM
Probably Aust-rye-lian.  :)

Oh, hey, now I have this lovely mental image of Jesus knocking back a can of Foster's...
That's Holy Fosters to you, heathen!
God Not Found

Unbeliever

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 30, 2017, 10:32:12 AM
tithe is defined in the OT as a 10% tax that is to be paid directly to God via the temple.

It's not going "directly" to God if it's got to go through a middleman. I don't think you even know what the word "directly" means.

God Not Found

trdsf

Quote from: Unbeliever on July 03, 2017, 08:40:09 PM
That's Holy Fosters to you, heathen!
I'm more a St. Guinness follower m'self.  :)
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Cavebear

While I don't give a fig about the nonsense in the Christian text, I suppose I am more exposed to it than other religious texts.  Thats why I laugh at the contents of it more than the others.  But the jewish and moslem ones are pretty close in general concepts, so there isn't much difference.  And the others are equally nonsensical.

Munch

Questions and answers, alright then. If god is so good as Christians say he is, and all powerful since the claim is he made everything, why then did he invent fish that swim into your dick and parasites that eat your eyeballs?

An all good being wouldn't have made up something like that, so perhaps he isn't all powerful. But if he isn't all powerful, it means he can't be good because he would have created those things to cause suffering to people, since the claim is he made it all.

Of course I know the go to answer Christians have for this too. God is all powerful, except when its contradicted, and then its the devil who made it. But that in itself means he isn't all powerful, since he can't do fuck all about evil in the world.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Cavebear

Quote from: Munch on July 06, 2017, 06:49:20 AM
Questions and answers, alright then. If god is so good as Christians say he is, and all powerful since the claim is he made everything, why then did he invent fish that swim into your dick and parasites that eat your eyeballs?

An all good being wouldn't have made up something like that, so perhaps he isn't all powerful. But if he isn't all powerful, it means he can't be good because he would have created those things to cause suffering to people, since the claim is he made it all.

Of course I know the go to answer Christians have for this too. God is all powerful, except when its contradicted, and then its the devil who made it. But that in itself means he isn't all powerful, since he can't do fuck all about evil in the world.

The ways of God are mysterious and wonderful.  His purposes are unknown.  He has a purpose for everything.  Even the parasites.  All matter to Him in his mightyness.  Therefore one cannot question the purpose of the least bedbug or urination-attracted fluke.  Bow down to His logic...

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on July 06, 2017, 06:55:53 AM
The ways of God are mysterious and wonderful.  His purposes are unknown.  He has a purpose for everything.  Even the parasites.  All matter to Him in his mightyness.  Therefore one cannot question the purpose of the least bedbug or urination-attracted fluke.  Bow down to His logic...

Usually ecologically minded biologists agree ... everything in biology has a purpose ... not a Parisite myself but ... "Retour à vous balle de fourrure"
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Drich0150

Quote from: Munch on July 06, 2017, 06:49:20 AM
to get stupid evolved monkey men to stop peeing it his water supply, and to keep little monkey men kids from swimming in dangerous water.

QuoteAn all good being wouldn't have made up something like that,
Here's the thing about the word 'good' sport it is not a universal term the word 'good' means good for you. If God is good for just you, he will have to F' several other people if not nations. So God does not seek to be good but righteous. Which means God does what is good for HIM and not douche bags who want to live in heaven while on earth and do nothing to deserve it.
so perhaps he isn't all powerful.But if he isn't all powerful, it means he can't be good because he would have created those things to cause suffering to people, since the claim is he made it all.
Or He is simply an alpha and omega, which means his will comes first before the exercise of power.

Ah... no.
Say it with me God is Alpha and Omega, the beginning and end to All this. This means there is no authority higher, which means God can do what ever he wants.

So can God creat a rock so big He can not lift it? yes if He wants to No if He does not want to. Can God save a million orphans from starvation, again yes if He wants to, or if he wants he can give a neighboring country an over abundance of wealth and charge those people with releaving the suffering of those orphans in his stead... remember sport alpha and omega= God does what ever the F* god wants to do.

1Thess 5:21 Question all things and hold on to what is Good. This is a charge meant for those who think themselves Christian. We are to question the foundational as well as the questionable, and hold on to the truth. Because I've done this my answers may be... Different than the typical Christian

Drich0150

Quote from: Cavebear on July 06, 2017, 06:55:53 AM

what would happen if their were absolutely no restrictions absolutely no war or anything that would limit or regulate human growth? what if we then also lived 200 years??? how long before our natural resources were depleted or worse yet how long before the strong subjugate the weak into harvesting said resources in such a way as to have no parallel yet thus far in history because our global resources have yet to feel such a tax?

The Human race is a virus on this planet (per Mr. Smith/matrix) and it is devouring/consuming all the resources on the planet. If Humanity was uncheck do you really think we would last this long?

parasites are apart of the ebb and flow the ying and yang that balances out the planet population growth. without it this planet would already be used up.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Drich0150 on July 06, 2017, 09:35:48 AMWhich means God does what is good for HIM and not douche bags who want to live in heaven while on earth and do nothing to deserve it.

I thought the point of faith-based salvation was that you CAN'T deserve heaven. As the Bible says:

"There is no one righteous, not even one;
there is no one who understands;
there is no one who seeks God.
All have turned away,
they have together become worthless;
there is no one who does good,
not even one."
"Their throats are open graves;
their tongues practice deceit."
"The poison of vipers is on their lips."
"Their mouths are full of cursing and bitterness."
"Their feet are swift to shed blood;
ruin and misery mark their ways,
and the way of peace they do not know."
"There is no fear of God before their eyes."

But please, Mr. Righteous Christian Who Totally Doesn't Have An Ego As Big As A Humpback Whale, tell me. What do you do to deserve Heaven? Write poorly written arguments for atheists on the internet? Sit in church once a week to get your weekly indoctrination education from your pastor? Occasionally putting a five in the offering plate?
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Mike Cl

Not only does this guy not have any actual answers he does not even have any real questions.  He is bereft of any value to this board or himself.  I think I'll ignore this stupid creature.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?