Theist:Why do you think God does not exist what are your reasons?

Started by John Paul, November 26, 2016, 04:53:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: fencerider on February 14, 2017, 01:10:07 AM
That was supposed to be a secret.

That introduces the possibility of the universe being created by a group of gods. So where are they? Where is one of them? Did they all get in a fight and kill each other after creation?

Capt Kirk banished Apollo ;-)  Ultimately Apollo and the others left, because humanity was all grown up.  That and who wanted to tangle with the Klingons ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

popsthebuilder

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on February 14, 2017, 03:38:01 AM
@popsthebuilder

You've been here for a while. Can I ask something of you? I don't mean to be snappy, just; maybe concider an avatar? It helps to recognize you and set you apart from drive-by preachers. Especially in threads in which multiple avatar-less posters post.
That is an understandable request, but I donot use an avatar anywhere. The absence of one seems more fitting for some reason.

No one else will have my name though.

Sorry

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: popsthebuilder on February 14, 2017, 06:36:38 AM
That is an understandable request, but I donot use an avatar anywhere. The absence of one seems more fitting for some reason.

No one else will have my name though.

Sorry

True true
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Baruch

How about you add a text underneath your posts, as someone does.  I just have Shalom, but some use a longer form, and even colored text.  You can stand out, and not be Wilson, the neighbor whose face we can never fully see.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mr.Obvious

"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Solomon Zorn

Quote from: popsthebuilder on February 13, 2017, 08:18:24 PM
How many of those have been done away with by man?
Probably a few, but only in very recent times. For thousands of years, there was no cure for any of them, and they contributed nothing but misery.

Quote from: popsthebuilderHow many more would have never developed if it wasn't for man
I'm guessing, few or none. Can you point to some, that developed because of man?

Quote from: popsthebuilderNow, how many would negatively affect us if all had always been unified, peaceful, and regarded as equal?  Cool list though.
Are you talking Eden? I don't understand the question. I don't see what "unified, peaceful, and regarded as equal" have to do with infectious diseases.

I think your response is skirting the issue. Why all the intentional infliction of suffering, designed by a benevolent creator? Obviously, most who contracted these diseases, throughout the ages, were not some evil monsters, deserving of such a fate. So what is his excuse?
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

popsthebuilder

Quote from: Solomon Zorn on February 14, 2017, 07:26:34 AM
Probably a few, but only in very recent times. For thousands of years, there was no cure for any of them, and they contributed nothing but misery.

I'm guessing, few or none. Can you point to some, that developed because of man?

Are you talking Eden? I don't understand the question. I don't see what "unified, peaceful, and regarded as equal" have to do with infectious diseases.

I think your response is skirting the issue. Why all the intentional infliction of suffering, designed by a benevolent creator? Obviously, most who contracted these diseases, throughout the ages, were not some evil monsters, deserving of such a fate. So what is his excuse?
GOD being benevolent doesn't mean IT has to force anything. Freedom is a thing that allows for potential in two directions. If man had always been at peace with one another then the carnage wouldn't have been an issue, cutting down much disease. Also the combined efforts of all to work together towards profitable existence for all would have by now lead to the eradication of much more disease.

I cannot say why GOD allowed such things.

Can you imagine how overpopulated the world might be if none died ever?

Solomon Zorn

All the millions of suffering people, throughout the history of mankind, praying for mercy from the God who supposedly cares, without relief, convince me that God does not care(because he doesn't exist).
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

popsthebuilder

Quote from: Solomon Zorn on February 14, 2017, 07:57:31 AM
All the millions of suffering people, throughout the history of mankind, praying for mercy from the God who supposedly cares, without relief, convince me that God does not care(because he doesn't exist).
We are taught to not cling to this life or attainment for self, but that peace will come through devotion.

No gumball machine or pez dispenser.

Life

faith in selfless unity for good

Mike Cl

Quote from: fencerider on February 14, 2017, 01:10:07 AM
That was supposed to be a secret.

That introduces the possibility of the universe being created by a group of gods. So where are they? Where is one of them? Did they all get in a fight and kill each other after creation?
Well, the babble does tell us that god is a jealous god--if he were the only one, then what would he be jealous of???
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

popsthebuilder

Quote from: Mike Cl on February 14, 2017, 08:52:08 AM
Well, the babble does tell us that god is a jealous god--if he were the only one, then what would he be jealous of???
Idol worship

And I never said the One Creator GOD was the only god or angel or spirit, just that IT is ultimately over or more powerful than whatever other direction or void or deception there may be.

Mike Cl

Quote from: popsthebuilder on February 14, 2017, 09:05:34 AM
Idol worship

And I never said the One Creator GOD was the only god or angel or spirit, just that IT is ultimately over or more powerful than whatever other direction or void or deception there may be.

Once again (and always it seems) this stuff exists only in your brain; it is a fiction.  Your belief in all these spirits and spooks and gods and angels and stuff is unique to you; in other words, even tho others believe in god and spirits, your take is unique to you.  That must mean that you are the only one who has ever gotten god right; the only one to accurately communicate with god.  Is that not a little bit of a concern to you?  Or are you so sucked up in your fiction that you cannot see that--or most likely, don't want to see that.

So, for me, you are proof there is no god.  For a creator god who, according to you, is so involved with his creation and the messages and rules he wants us to know--yet is so invisible as to be nonexistent, is not believable.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

doorknob

Quote from: popsthebuilder on February 14, 2017, 07:34:34 AM
GOD being benevolent doesn't mean IT has to force anything. Freedom is a thing that allows for potential in two directions. If man had always been at peace with one another then the carnage wouldn't have been an issue, cutting down much disease. Also the combined efforts of all to work together towards profitable existence for all would have by now lead to the eradication of much more disease.

I cannot say why GOD allowed such things.

What the hell does freedom have to do with diseases?

"Also the combined efforts of all to work together towards profitable existence for all would have by now lead to the eradication of much more disease."

This also has nothing to do with proving god exists. And religion is the enemy of science. Over history how much has man been held back by the catholic church? God apparently hates knowledge. Why? Because knowledge causes critical thinking and destroys your fake religion.

Sorginak

Quote from: popsthebuilder on February 14, 2017, 07:34:34 AM

Can you imagine how overpopulated the world might be if Hitler had not killed all the people he did?

See, that argument just doesn't work.