Theist:Why do you think God does not exist what are your reasons?

Started by John Paul, November 26, 2016, 04:53:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason78

Quote from: SGOS on December 01, 2016, 11:46:04 AM
But I don't remember this scene in the series, which seems rather important.  Perhaps I have to watch the series again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_hfTEGMChs

That's from the Ark of Truth isn't it?
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

SGOS

QuoteThat's from the Ark of Truth isn't it?

I hope so.  Either that or I'm losing my marbles.  I don't think I've seen the ark of truth.  But I'm going to see if it's available from Amazon.  I don't want to miss anything "Stargate".

GSOgymrat

SGOS

Just ordered a used copy for 28 cents plus $3.99 shipping.

Cavebear

Quote from: Jason78 on December 01, 2016, 07:12:33 AM
The question is a little more loaded than that.   "Why do you think God does not exist what are your reasons?" presupposes a god exists and that we just don't think it exists.

Exactly!  The theist argument is that it is up to atheists to prove that a deity does not exist.  It is a fallacy.  The claim is that a deity exists and it is up to the supporters of that idea to prove the claim.  And I have yet to see any rational argument in support of that claim.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on December 02, 2016, 07:39:06 AM
Do you just type at random?

My random is better than other people's deliberate.  If you want pedantry, take a college course.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: Cavebear on December 02, 2016, 07:39:06 AM
Do you just type at random?
I understand most of what he says. Occasionally it will fly over my head, usually because I'm too young to understand the reference. I do think it's funny how hard of a time everyone else has, though. :lol:
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Baruch

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on December 02, 2016, 04:56:24 PM
I understand most of what he says. Occasionally it will fly over my head, usually because I'm too young to understand the reference. I do think it's funny how hard of a time everyone else has, though. :lol:

We can't all be born into the next-to-greatest generation (Baby Boomers) ;-)

Like your new motto ;-))  Jolly good show, old chap!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Just got my copy of the Ark of Truth from Amazon and watched it right away.  OMG!  It's like finding 3 new episodes of Stargate SG1.  What a find.  10 seasons of Stargate was never enough.  I'm sad every time I finish watching the series.  God I love that show.  Now what?.  And yes, that scene earlier in this thread where they put the kibosh on Morena Baccarin  was from the Ark of Truth.  Thanks for the heads up, Jason.   

aitm

Quote from: Jason78 on December 01, 2016, 07:10:29 AM
How many gods are in the bible?

Just for fun, before you click on the link, have a guess about how many gods are in the bible and then see if you've got it right!

Oh quit Jason, you wouldn't expect a xian thump head to actually...you know...read the babble?
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

popsthebuilder

Quote from: Jason78 on December 01, 2016, 07:10:29 AM
How many gods are in the bible?

Just for fun, before you click on the link, have a guess about how many gods are in the bible and then see if you've got it right!
The word "god" is used many times, and other words that have similar meanings.

But that doesn't mean the bible isn't monotheistic.

Something similar can be said about the upinashads, Bhagavad-Gita, and Zend Avesta. They are all still ultimately monotheistic though. We spoke of these things in the thread about idolatry.

peace

Mike Cl

Quote from: popsthebuilder on December 08, 2016, 08:31:53 PM
The word "god" is used many times, and other words that have similar meanings.

But that doesn't mean the bible isn't monotheistic.

Something similar can be said about the upinashads, Bhagavad-Gita, and Zend Avesta. They are all still ultimately monotheistic though. We spoke of these things in the thread about idolatry.

peace
The Father, The Son and the Holy Ghost.  Yeah, monotheistic.  But then, it is just a fairy tale.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?