News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Stevia

Started by the_antithesis, March 15, 2013, 10:23:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mathias

Course alters, as well as sugar, what matters is whether you'll like ... ;)
"There is no logic in the existence of any god".
Myself.

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "the_antithesis"So, I go to the store and they have free sample packets of this stevia shit. So I put it in my coffee this morning,... and had to put the full amount of sugar in it that I normally do.

That's kind of weird, but it ends this magical journey.

The Stevia didn't sweeten your coffee?  That's truly weird.
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

the_antithesis

I did try a bit of the powder before hand. It tasted like... artificial sweetener. It tasted sweet but also kind of off in some way. I don't think I can accurately describe it. I'm actually surprised it did nothing for the coffee, though. Overall, I'm unimpressed and didn't especially like it. So, that's it. I wasn't that interested in the possible health benefits. I was looking at that as a potential side effect. I was more interested in seeing an alternative sweetener that wasn't obviously inferior to cane sugar or even HFCS.

Mathias

I know people that hate stevia...
"There is no logic in the existence of any god".
Myself.

mnmelt

Quote from: "SvZurich"[-X  Nah, APA, she'd rather try a slightly younger woman who has a wicked tongue.  I'm certain of it, and that she'd love to eat a good plate of my red beans and rice with sausage and yellow corn bread.

8-)

Are we speculating on whether I'm gay or straight???...   :roll:  :rollin:
Jesus loves me but I still make him wear a condom

caseagainstfaith

I tried it.  Tasted terrible to me.
Please visit my site at http://www.caseagainstfaith.com  featuring critiques of Lee Strobel and other apologetics.

SvZurich

Mnmelt, we'd happily settle for you just being bisexual.  :)  We see no reason to force people to pick sides.   :twisted:
Kimberly (HSBUH) aka Baroness Sylvia endorses the Meadow Party's Bill N' Opus for the 2024 Presidential election! Or a Sanders/Warren ticket.

aitm

Quote from: "SvZurich"Mnmelt, we'd happily settle for you just being bisexual.  :)  We see no reason to force people to pick sides.   :twisted:
woah lady....hold it right there. That's my bar wife yer talkin to and she ain't going to hook up with another woman in nekkid passio....... :shock:    er    I mean, let me introduce you two. :-D
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

SvZurich

See people, AITM understands about friendship.  :D
Kimberly (HSBUH) aka Baroness Sylvia endorses the Meadow Party's Bill N' Opus for the 2024 Presidential election! Or a Sanders/Warren ticket.

stromboli

Mnmelt can be whatever she wants. I will not judge. But if the avatar is actually her, oh baby.  =D>

stromboli

For the record, on Truvia
QuoteTruvia is a stevia-based sugar substitute developed jointly by The Coca-Cola Company and Cargill. It is distributed and marketed by Cargill as a tabletop sweetener and as a food ingredient.[1] Because it comes from the stevia plant, Cargill classifies it as a natural sweetener in addition to being a non-nutritive sweetener.[2] It is made of rebiana, erythritol, and natural flavors.[3] Since its launch in 2008, Truvia natural sweetener has become the second best-selling sugar substitute in the United States, surpassing both Merisant's Equal and Cumberland Packing Corporation's Sweet'n Low.[4] Nonetheless, the top-selling sugar substitute Splenda retains approximately 60% market share.[5] Truvia competes against PepsiCo's PureVia brand of stevia-extract sweetener.

QuoteRebiana is the trade name for high-purity rebaudioside A,[1] a Steviol glycoside which when used as a non-nutritive sweetener is 200 times sweeter than sugar.[2] It is the primary source of sweetness in the Truvia sweetener brand. According to the Truvia website, Rebiana is derived from Stevia leaves by steeping them in water.[3] Cargill has filed patents which give it exclusive rights to sell Rebiana in beverages.[4]

QuoteErythritol ((2R,3R)-butane-1,2,3,4-tetraol) is a sugar alcohol (or polyol) that has been approved for use as a food additive in the United States[1] and throughout much of the world. It was discovered in 1848 by British chemist John Stenhouse.[2] It occurs naturally in some fruits and fermented foods.[3] At the industrial level, it is produced from glucose by fermentation with a yeast, Moniliella pollinis.[1] It is 60–70% as sweet as table sugar yet it is almost noncaloric, does not affect blood sugar, does not cause tooth decay, and is partially absorbed by the body, excreted in urine and feces. It is less likely to cause gastric side effects than other sugar alcohols because of its unique digestion pathway. Under U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) labeling requirements, it has a caloric value of 0.2 kilocalories per gram (95% less than sugar and other carbohydrates), though nutritional labeling varies from country to country. Some countries, such as Japan and the United States, label it as zero-calorie, while European Union regulations currently label it and all other sugar alcohols at 0.24 kcal/g.

Truvia and all the ingredients. It is recommended for diabetics. I use it, works for me.

mnmelt

Quote from: "aitm"
Quote from: "SvZurich"Mnmelt, we'd happily settle for you just being bisexual.  :)  We see no reason to force people to pick sides.   :twisted:
woah lady....hold it right there. That's my bar wife yer talkin to and she ain't going to hook up with another woman in nekkid passio....... :shock:    er    I mean, let me introduce you two. :-D

Yer not helping Aitm... Jeshhh....
Sorry Ladies..I'm straight.. But flattered at this age if ANYONE finds me attractive... :biggrin:
Jesus loves me but I still make him wear a condom

SvZurich

You're heterosexual now, and I respect that.  =D>  Let's revisit the question of your sexual orientation after 2 or 3 good drinks.    8-)

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "mnmelt"
Quote from: "aitm"

Yer not helping Aitm... Jeshhh....
Sorry Ladies..I'm straight.. But flattered at this age if ANYONE finds me attractive... :biggrin:

You Are attractive.  Very much so.  I'm straight too.......so.........that would make us......  friends.  (or friend potential)   :-D

but

we should start a rumor that you and I have the hots for one another.  LMAO  Two straight women going for it?  Oh think of the fun that could be.

*wicked to the core - sorry*

my bad #-o
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

SvZurich

Bri, I have access to alcohol, but don't want to hurt your husband.  I declare you off limits.  :)

Mnmelt has no such protection to her "honor".   :twisted: