News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 31, 2020, 09:36:19 AM
Yes. Yes they do.  But not random; the code words have been carefully fed to them by the repubs.

Code words (systemic racism) fed to them by drugged 60s refugees.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

In weird news: Herman Cain's twitter is still spewing out covid disinfo.  This time, the false claim that covid is "not as deadly as it seems".  From a guy's account who died from covid.  I'm sure Herman Cain's family is glad to hear it.  Fuckin' ghouls.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on August 31, 2020, 01:59:02 PM
In weird news: Herman Cain's twitter is still spewing out covid disinfo.  This time, the false claim that covid is "not as deadly as it seems".  From a guy's account who died from covid.  I'm sure Herman Cain's family is glad to hear it.  Fuckin' ghouls.

If you politicize disease, expect political blowback.  The best way now to end Covid is to isolate Dems ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cassia

Quote from: Hydra009 on August 31, 2020, 01:59:02 PM
I wonder if and when an effective vaccine becomes widely available...will there be a giant world-wide sigh of relief followed by release of pent-up demand for travel, movies, concerts, theme parks, bars, hotels, etc? Perhaps a hiring surge and depleted supply chains? Should be interesting. Have not invested in airline stocks yet but they are starting to run up a bit. An end of WW2 style party would be cool. 

Baruch

Quote from: Cassia on August 31, 2020, 02:26:40 PM
I wonder if and when an effective vaccine becomes widely available...will there be a giant world-wide sigh of relief followed by release of pent-up demand for travel, movies, concerts, theme parks, bars, hotels, etc? Perhaps a hiring surge and depleted supply chains? Should be interesting. Have not invested in airline stocks yet but they are starting to run up a bit. An end of WW2 style party would be cool.

Maybe.  Too bad a vaccine won't solve the real problem ... Chinese world war.  I would wait longest for the return of airlines to profitability, they are the primary vector of international disease, for Ebola and for Covid.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Quote from: Cassia on August 31, 2020, 02:26:40 PM
There might be a slight surge, but the normal summer leisure season is over, so this year is a bust overall.  Plus, it won't be like one day this'll just disappear like magic all at once.  It'll be long road of phased lifting of restrictions followed by a gradual uptick in travel.

Imo, it might go the other way, with people permanently being more wary after such a harrowing ordeal and even more sedentary after getting used to it over the seemingly endless lockdown.

Cassia

Quote from: Hydra009 on August 31, 2020, 02:57:18 PM
There might be a slight surge, but the normal summer leisure season is over, so this year is a bust overall.  Plus, it won't be like one day this'll just disappear like magic all at once.  It'll be long road of phased lifting of restrictions followed by a gradual uptick in travel.

Imo, it might go the other way, with people permanently being more wary after such a harrowing ordeal and even more sedentary after getting used to it over the seemingly endless lockdown.

One thing about being isolated....I was never big on hugging, especially when I don't really know the person. Some tight huggers make sure you get a 'lil dose of their naughty bits under the guise of a friendly gesture. I probably come off as a cold fish to some, but I could not care less. I hated feeling the need to provide forced smiles to please the bosses as well. That feel good obligatory corporate "RARA" nonsense was a big reason I walked out that lobby door for reals as soon as I could afford too.

Baruch

Quote from: Cassia on August 31, 2020, 03:20:31 PM
One thing about being isolated....I was never big on hugging, especially when I don't really know the person. Some tight huggers make sure you get a 'lil dose of their naughty bits under the guise of a friendly gesture. I probably come off as a cold fish to some, but I could not care less. I hated feeling the need to provide forced smiles to please the bosses as well. That feel good obligatory corporate "RARA" nonsense was a big reason I walked out that lobby door for reals as soon as I could afford too.

Meyer-Briggs 16 personality types, that don't work well together.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cassia

Quote from: Baruch on August 31, 2020, 05:15:22 PM
Meyer-Briggs 16 personality types, that don't work well together.
Oh yeah, they made us do that too....Sometimes it seemed like we did everything except our jobs, LOL. I was longing for the days when I just wrote FORTRAN 77 code or programmed a Z80 uP. Anyway, let's get back to the virus, shall we?

GSOgymrat

Quote from: Cassia on August 31, 2020, 03:20:31 PM
One thing about being isolated....I was never big on hugging, especially when I don't really know the person.

I don't like hugging people who aren't family or close friends. I hope maintaining at least an arms-length from people and not unnecessarily touching strangers becomes the norm. I also hope that current social distancing and wearing masks will help this year's flu season be less severe.

Baruch

"Colleges Are Testing Dorm Sewage To Detect Early COVID-19 Outbreaks" ... education goes to shit ;-)

"CDC UPDATES COVID STATS, 6% DIED OF COVID ALONE, 94% HAD COMORBIDITY, TWITTER IS CENSORING THIS" .. maybe lockdown was unnecessary?  Don't get Covid while sick (of Dems)

"Bill De Blasio Says NYC Indoor Dining May Not Happen Until June 2021" ... and only if you are a card carrying Black communist
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"It's A Game-Changer" - New WHO-Backed Research Finds Cheap Steroids Reduce COVID-19 Mortality By One-Third" .. obviously Trump/Putin conspiracy, like HCQ, to prevent Dr Death and Dr Blofeld from infinite wealth

"'Science Deniers'? - Delaying Herd Immunity Is Costing Lives" ... calling Dr Lysenko
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Blackleaf

You guys seen this shit being spread around on Facebook? They're claiming that the CDC "quietly" updated the statistics, saying that only 6% of people reported to have died from Covid actually died of Covid. It's bullshit, of course, but the President himself shared it on Twitter, because of course he did. What the CDC actually reported was that in 6% of reported deaths, within a specific time frame, Covid was listed as the only cause. That means that the other 94% had comorbidity. That's very different from what the conspiracy theorists are claiming the CDC is simultaneously reporting while also trying to suppress. Seriously, how stupid are these people?
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Baruch

Quote from: Blackleaf on September 02, 2020, 11:57:51 AM
You guys seen this shit being spread around on Facebook? They're claiming that the CDC "quietly" updated the statistics, saying that only 6% of people reported to have died from Covid actually died of Covid. It's bullshit, of course, but the President himself shared it on Twitter, because of course he did. What the CDC actually reported was that in 6% of reported deaths, within a specific time frame, Covid was listed as the only cause. That means that the other 94% had comorbidity. That's very different from what the conspiracy theorists are claiming the CDC is simultaneously reporting while also trying to suppress. Seriously, how stupid are these people?

If they are Americans, they are stupid.  There is no such thing as viruses (because I can't see them with my naked eye) ;-)  I don't believe this new statistic either; lies, damn lies & statistics.  You have to do a autopsy on the dead person to determine causes of death.  This usually isn't done, the doctor is guessing, and marking the docs based on being paid more for a Covid death than a non-coved death (in the US).  Why are they paid anything for a corpse?  Is this why 90,000 Americans per year, die in the hospital?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Quote from: Blackleaf on September 02, 2020, 11:57:51 AM
Yeah, it's a bit like getting mauled by a bear and then having complications from surgery and dying and then these geniuses say it had nothing to do with the bear.  No, it had everything to do with the bear.  There were just other factors at play.