News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

I try to avoid celebrity "news" but I just found out that The Rock and his family are all sick with covid.

And as we now know, this thing can cause permanent cardiovascular problems.  Terrible news.  He did say something that bears repeating, which is the primary reason why I'm sharing this news:

Quote"The other thing is wear your mask, we have been in quarantine for months, we wear our masks every day," Johnson said. "This baffles me that some people out there, including some politicians, will take this idea of wearing mask and make it a political agenda of a political agenda, politicizing. It has nothing to do in politics."

"Wear your mask. It is a fact, and it is the right thing to do. And it's the responsible thing to do," he continued, adding that people like his mother with pre-existing conditions are protected by the face coverings.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Cassia on August 31, 2020, 02:26:40 PM
I wonder if and when an effective vaccine becomes widely available...will there be a giant world-wide sigh of relief followed by release of pent-up demand for travel, movies, concerts, theme parks, bars, hotels, etc? Perhaps a hiring surge and depleted supply chains? Should be interesting. Have not invested in airline stocks yet but they are starting to run up a bit. An end of WW2 style party would be cool.

A huge mass amount of people in the world won't get vaccinated. Or that's what it seems for now.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Blackleaf on September 02, 2020, 11:57:51 AM
You guys seen this shit being spread around on Facebook? They're claiming that the CDC "quietly" updated the statistics, saying that only 6% of people reported to have died from Covid actually died of Covid. It's bullshit, of course, but the President himself shared it on Twitter, because of course he did. What the CDC actually reported was that in 6% of reported deaths, within a specific time frame, Covid was listed as the only cause. That means that the other 94% had comorbidity. That's very different from what the conspiracy theorists are claiming the CDC is simultaneously reporting while also trying to suppress. Seriously, how stupid are these people?

This is the main problem around the world from the beginning it seems. Recording the deaths as pneumonia and organ failures mostly. Who knows how many people that was going to live years or maybe decades have died of this shit and recorded as some unknown complication resulting in some organ failure.

In a way it's almost like saying 'the patient has died of covid-19 because he was a live organism. If he wasn't, there wouldn't be complications due to Covid-19.'
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

aitm

Ah, I just got into an argument with a guy who was pissed that I wouldn’t give my “opinion” on how long the nation should be shut down. All I said was I don’t have an opinion  on something I know very little about, so I’ll defer to the experts. He of course, then posted the same CDC report and claimed it was all bullshit. Tried to explain the all death is actually due to brain activity cessation due to oxygen deprivation but the bullet kinda helped it along. He got all butt hurt that I wouldn’t “play” along.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

GSOgymrat

In NC, all gyms are set to open tomorrow and resume classes at 30% capacity. My gym has been open without classes since July. A coworker who goes to my gym insisted there are few people working out and with the heat index over 100 degrees I decided to venture in and see for myself. The staff take each member's temperature at the door and masks are not require while working out. My gym is large and while not as empty as my coworker indicated I had no problem maintaining at least ten feet from people. Paper towels and disinfecting spray were stationed at several spots and most people seemed conscientious about wiping down their equipment. I noticed about 90% of the people there were men and all the women were clearly serious lifters. It didn't appear the casual gym-goers have returned.

Honestly, being in the gym again felt great. I hadn't been in since the beginning of March, which is by far the longest break I have ever taken since I was nineteen years old. When I looked in the mirror what I saw was a bit disappointing. Even though I've been working out in my garage, I've lost eight pounds since March and clearly most that is muscle. I've not been lifting as heavy weights and it shows in the mirror and the amount I can lift. Although I would love to return to the gym, I don't feel comfortable enough to go regularly at this point. I will still work out in my garage and limit my exposure by only going to the gym when the temperature is just too uncomfortable.

SGOS

Quote from: Cassia on August 31, 2020, 02:26:40 PM
I wonder if and when an effective vaccine becomes widely available...will there be a giant world-wide sigh of relief followed by release of pent-up demand for travel, movies, concerts, theme parks, bars, hotels, etc? Perhaps a hiring surge and depleted supply chains? Should be interesting. Have not invested in airline stocks yet but they are starting to run up a bit. An end of WW2 style party would be cool. 
I'm betting there will be a surge, but things won't get back to normal until people are vaccinated.  There is definitely a pent up demand.  Even during the current surge in the virus, people are venturing out and taking chances.  Isolation doesn't seem as good an idea as it once did.  My friends are mostly on the cautious side, but last week I was invited to a birthday party by one of the first people I knew to adopt a mask way back when.  I was like, "What??!"  Yeah, she considers herself cautious, but felt a party was necessary because her girlfriend and her girlfriend's husband (the birthday person) were such lovely people.  As it turned out, the husband did attend, but his wife told me he was not comfortable with the idea at all.  This is the second time that organizer person, a woman with high moral character and fun to be with, has suggested a "get together" (translation:  A large party, with half the people I don't even know).  While she's all for social distancing, partying with friends she knows seems just fine, because she knows them and thinks they're all nice people who can be trusted.  I guess the virus doesn't attach itself to trustworthy people, only ignorant fools that you wouldn't want to associate with.

Yeah, I'll bet on a surge, but still somewhat restrained.  On the positive side, after things started opening up "unofficially or officially" and the already upward treand of the virus started accelerating its already surging surge, I have noticed that some of the swaggering right wingers are now starting to wear masks.  Almost all staff members in local business are wearing masks now, and more of the customers are too.  I guess it's not so much fun to defy warnings from experts when you start hearing about people your friends know that have become infected or died.  No one close to me has got it yet, but as the number of cases in my area grows, that is coming.

I had an unusual experience yesterday.  I needed to start up a new checking account, so I made an appointment at the bank, and they told me to park outside and call them from my mobile, and they would unlock the door for me.  It was weird.  The bank has locked it's doors, and everything is by appointment only.  When I got there, they unlocked the door for me, and I went in.  There were two tellers and the honcho.  They did let a guy without an appointment come through the door with me to see a teller, but he was wearing a mask.  But this not the norm in my area.  It's still a free for all out there.

Mike Cl

Our little county (278,000--little by CA standards) now has hit the 118 deaths with over 8000 cases.  Still climbing and still fairly steep.  That's because this county has mostly repubs living in it.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

SGOS

Republicans generally act the way Trump tells them to act.  They believe that medicine and experts are all involved in a conspiracy because Trump tells them that is a fact.  So they facilitate the spread of the disease with their nonsense.

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on September 03, 2020, 09:26:37 AM
Our little county (278,000--little by CA standards) now has hit the 118 deaths with over 8000 cases.  Still climbing and still fairly steep.  That's because this county has mostly repubs living in it.

I thought it was from all the MJ farms in the Sierra Nevada ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on September 03, 2020, 01:37:24 AM
Yeah, it's a bit like getting mauled by a bear and then having complications from surgery and dying and then these geniuses say it had nothing to do with the bear.  No, it had everything to do with the bear.  There were just other factors at play.

The cause is the transcendental evil of Trump, nobody would have died since 2016, if Hillary had been elected ;-)  Now Messiah Biden will save us, if you send him and his family lots of money.  Seriously, yes, many factors in play.  Drink alcohol or smoke tobacco etc ... then you are the cause of your own death.  On the death certificate of an 80 year old, put a long list of every health defeating thing they did to themselves, and what came from her parents genes and the pollutants in her environment, and all the other sick people coughing.

What's a hypochondriac to do?  Make peace with reality, including death.  The trope is the health nut who fails to look both ways and gets hit by a bus.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on September 03, 2020, 04:15:47 AM
A huge mass amount of people in the world won't get vaccinated. Or that's what it seems for now.

At $3000 per shot paid to Dr Death/Dr Blofeld, and multiple booster shots required, forever ... who can afford that?  The Elite love this!!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on September 03, 2020, 04:27:00 AM
This is the main problem around the world from the beginning it seems. Recording the deaths as pneumonia and organ failures mostly. Who knows how many people that was going to live years or maybe decades have died of this shit and recorded as some unknown complication resulting in some organ failure.

In a way it's almost like saying 'the patient has died of covid-19 because he was a live organism. If he wasn't, there wouldn't be complications due to Covid-19.'

Worked with doctors every day for 22 years.  They aren't even demi-gods, they do what the commercial test labs and drug reps tell them to.  The body is very complicated, the mind/emotions are a mess.  Enjoy your Hell Ride of human life.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on September 03, 2020, 10:35:57 AM
Republicans generally act the way Trump tells them to act.  They believe that medicine and experts are all involved in a conspiracy because Trump tells them that is a fact.  So they facilitate the spread of the disease with their nonsense.

Democrats act the way LBJ tells them to act.  There are conspiracies all the time, particularly commercial scams.  Every election is a political scam.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"Pregnant Australian Mother Arrested In Her Home Over Facebook Lockdown Protest Post" ... thought crimes are catching.  Facebook has always been CIA.

"Japan Plans To Provide COVID-19 Vaccine To All Citizens For Free" ... but Japanese taxpayers will pay for it.  There is no free anything.

"NYC Restaurants Sue Cuomo For $2BN For Refusing To Allow Return Of Indoor Dining" .. sue him for everything he has

"Batman Contracts Bat-Virus As Production Halted Over COVID-19" ... Holy Virus, Batman!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"The Lancet Rules Russian COVID-19 Vaccine "Safe And Effective"" .. don't think Putin will pay royalties to Dr Death/Dr Blofeld

J"ust How Deep Is Your COVID-19 Religion?" ... the godless have to believe in something, how about a virus as a revolutionary political agenda?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.