News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Missouri governor on kids getting coronavirus at school: 'They're going to get over it'

QuoteMissouri Gov. Mike Parson (R) is downplaying the health effects on children who might contract the coronavirus if schools reopen with in-person classes, saying “they’re going to get over it.”

“These kids have got to get back to school, they're at the lowest risk possible,” Parson said Friday during an interview with “The Marc Cox Morning Show”, a St. Louis radio program. “And if they do get COVID-19, which they will â€" and they will when they go to school â€" they're not going to the hospitals. ... They are going to go home and they're going to get over it.”

13-year-old boy dies from covid while self-isolating at home

Baruch

"Kentucky Couple Forced To Wear Ankle Bracelets After Refusing Self-Isolation Order" - they objected to not having potential access to the local ER

"Man In 20s Who Died In Motorcycle Accident Finally Removed From Florida's COVID-19 Death List" - only because they were caught inflating the figures

"US Navy Readies Personnel-Tracking-Wearables To Ensure COVID Social-Distancing" - military prototypes the future all citizen requirement in the Dem dictatorship called The Plantation, picking cotton not optional
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cassia

Good news so far on some vaccine trials but I just got word that some sort of distant in-law in our family has succumbed to the virus. My great Grandmother contracted polio as a 6 year old and survived with permanent disability. There was some sort of ' b-l-a-m-e   &  g-u-i-l-t'  associated with the contraction of that virus that caused rifts in the family. I imagine this novel virus will do the same sort of thing to many families, particularly if some members act irresponsibly.

SGOS

Quote from: Cassia on July 21, 2020, 08:27:21 AM
I imagine this novel virus will do the same sort of thing to many families, particularly if some members act irresponsibly. [/size]
I think this is inevitable.  Families whose members are not in the same boat on how to deal with the pandemic will eventually break apart.  Not all, but some.  Visitation will come to a halt, and some riffs will become permanent.  For families with serious differences, the pandemic will not so much be the cause, but just the last straw that breaks them apart.

Baruch

"As Pompeo Rips "Disgraceful" China, DOJ Reveals "Massive" State Hack Of COVID-19 Research" … maybe this is the way to beat Dr Death and Dr Blofeld.  If the communist countries make a free vaccine, then their plans to become trillionaires will be foiled?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

trdsf

Just went and got tested.  Co-worker is positive.  Chances are good for a negative because I haven't any symptoms and last encountered her two weeks ago, but I'm going to visit my parents next week and they're both 80.  I'd rather find out for sure I don't carry it than not know I do.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Unbeliever

How long to get the results of a test?
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

trdsf

Quote from: Unbeliever on July 21, 2020, 02:11:15 PM
How long to get the results of a test?
72 hours.  Although they've been turning them around faster.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Mike Cl

Quote from: trdsf on July 21, 2020, 02:25:45 PM
72 hours.  Although they've been turning them around faster.
Here's hoping!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Hydra009

So far, I've been staying vigilant (nearly 4 months now), relying on deliveries instead of going to stores.  I only really go out to the park.

But lately, the local pool is open, under heavily modified operations.  Mandatory masks, temp screening at the door, the locker room is deserted (no benches, lockers ziptied shut, showers roped off, etc), social distancing at all times, lane swim only, very limited capacity (often empty lanes between swimmers), and the sides of the structure are always open for improved airflow, and swimmers exit through the side after an hour to allow an hour of cleaning (I assume wiping down surfaces and maintaining the water chemicals).

Basically, we're all very spread out in a well-ventilated space.  No crowds, no one with a fever.  So there's a minimal chance of viral spread.

It's all very vigilant and regimented.  Definitely a stark contrast with the rather blasé attitude and lax protocols in other parts of the country.

Baruch

Met first friend etc who has been tested, today.  He came back negative ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"US Strikes $2 Billion Deal To Buy COVID-19 Vaccine From Pfizer" … 100 million doses

"Coronavirus Infections 13x Higher Than Reported In Some Parts Of US" … stats are accurate, right?

"More People Contract COVID-19 From Family Members Than Outside Contacts: CDC" … kill your relatives before they kill you ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Baruch on July 21, 2020, 06:12:35 PM
Met first friend etc who has been tested, today.  He came back negative ;-)
Are negatives attracted to positives?
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Hydra009

Narcissistic personalities linked to defiance of coronavirus prevention guidelines and hoarding

QuoteTwo new studies, both published in the journal Personality and Individual Differences, reinforce previous findings that the “Dark Triad” of narcissism, psychopathy, and Machiavellianism is associated with ignoring preventative COVID-19 measures.
Remind you of anyone?

The second study linked compliance/neglect to how one sits on the Big Five personality traits (extroversion, agreeableness, openness, conscientiousness, and neuroticism)

Quotethose who believed the COVID-19 situation was characterized by duty and was negative in nature were more likely to comply with the restrictions, while those who viewed the situation as a mating opportunity were less likely to comply.

“Perceiving a situation as dutiful entails that effort is necessary to fulfill some obligations, which in the current research might be governmental restrictions and a sense of moral obligation to protect fellow countrymen. The COVID-19 pandemic might be perceived as a threat and elicit tension, and anxiety, which, in turn, translates into compliance,” the researchers said.
Imo, those who score high in conscientiousness (yours truly) view this threat through the lens of duty - there's an obligation to take small precautions to protect other people, just like stopping at a red light or not wasting water during a drought.

People without that sense of duty might be tempted to buy till the shelves are bare (because screw other people) or party hearty without protection (because screw other people) or push to prematurely reopen (because screw other people).

Essentially, this virus is a pop quiz on altruism and a lot of people are failing it.

Blackleaf

If I were still a religious man, I'd be tempted to think this year was a test to determine whether or not humanity should be allowed to exist. I guess we'll know if there's a sudden rapture at the end of the year.

"Yes! I've made it! Jesus has returned for me! ...Wait. Oh no. This is the bad place!"
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--