Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

""It Felt Like An Earthquake": SpaceX Prototype Starship Blows Up In Massive Explosion Day Ahead Of Manned Launch" ... I was briefly involved with range safety at the end of my engineering career.  Rockets are explosive.  I suspect they left it fueled, instead of de-fueling it, after canceling the launch.  Solid rockets are safer (unless you are the Space Shuttle).

My bad.  Same model rocket, but not the one the astronauts were using.  That one lifted off fine ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

twozerozeroonefive

Something, something, something...

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"After Months Of Silence, NASA's Voyager 2 Sends Message Back To Earth From 11.5 Billion Miles Away" ... yea, what is the roaming rate? ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

The most terrifying place to be would be between two black holes as they collide. At some point the pull from each point-mass would be equal. Meaning you have two star-sized bodies pulling on you at the same time.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Unbeliever

The most terrifying place in the universe?

Probably inside Baruch's head...
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on November 10, 2020, 02:30:18 PM
The most terrifying place in the universe?

Probably inside Baruch's head...

So the love continues, from the San Francisco Jesus?

No, the new hype over the lava planet, whole surface is molten rock, clouds of vaporized rock, rain of condensing rock with supersonic winds ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aO3WIrOGDm0

The irreligious, heretical and atheist will get to know this planet up close ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Why would a "good" God have created so much of a universe that It's creatures will never be able to use?
God Not Found

Unbeliever

Oh, and by the way, the universe is made of fields, whatever those are.
God Not Found

Hydra009

Quote from: Unbeliever on November 10, 2020, 08:32:23 PMOh, and by the way, the universe is made of fields, whatever those are.
Yes and great question!  Short: answer, we don't know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9otDixAtFw

Quite an interesting little video.  Fields are indeed the fundamental building blocks of reality, as far as we can tell.  And particles are simply local excitations in these fields.  But that might be an oversimplification.  Or maybe not.  Either way, this stuff is waaay above my pay grade!

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on November 10, 2020, 08:30:47 PM
Why would a "good" God have created so much of a universe that It's creatures will never be able to use?

Satan is good, and will bless you with much burning ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on November 10, 2020, 08:32:23 PM
Oh, and by the way, the universe is made of fields, whatever those are.

Quantum physics is reductio ad absurdum ... which is experimentally verified, so nature is absurd, not rational at all.

The problem is downward infinite regress ... A is made of B is made of C ... no end to it.  Ultimately any explanation (which is what this is) is built on ignorance of what comes next.  Human knowledge and understanding are ... word games about things people have no wisdom about.  Better than nothing of course.  Electrical engineering works, even if you can't spell quark.

This is true in mathematics ... Euclid's axioms are useful, and as corrected by David Hilbert circa 1900, are consistent.  But nature isn't Euclidean as Einstein proved in 1905 and 1915.  Mathematicians are still working hard, but can't actually define what mathematics is (that would require a fundamental theory of mathematics).  One most recent attempt is Homotopy Type Theory in 2013, though quite a few mathematicians think it is inadequate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ft8R3-kPDdk

This goes well with the cartoon at the top of the page regarding physics.  We are better at unified field theory than Thales or unified mathematics than Pythagoras, but what is really outlined isn't what we know, but what we don't know.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

I read a book some years ago about all the stuff we don't know. I don't recall the title, though, something like You Don't Know Jack.
God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on November 11, 2020, 02:17:21 PM
I read a book some years ago about all the stuff we don't know. I don't recall the title, though, something like You Don't Know Jack.

The End Of Physics: The Myth Of A Unified Theory by David Lindley

The End Of Science: Facing The Limits Of Knowledge In The Twilight Of The Scientific Age by John Horgan

... are excellent.  We refine by slivers of new knowledge since 2000.  Biology was the great development since 1950.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.