Military Coup Attempt in Turkey

Started by drunkenshoe, July 15, 2016, 04:39:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munch

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on July 15, 2016, 07:07:08 PM
If erodgan is faking it to gain power, it's like when the Nazis burned the Reichstag

That might explain a lot why Turkey has so Manu coups happen, and all fail.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

drunkenshoe

Last time it happened I was 4. And they were all against possible religious governments; actually parties. But then what good could come out of any coup?
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

GrinningYMIR

Erodgan claims a coup, kills a few soldiers and enacts emergency powers that make him dictator for life, outlaws all polemical parties seen as "threats to national stability" chiefly being his rivals and opposition. Has them arrested and thrown in jail for rest of their lives and ushers in the Islamic republic he wants all to the cheers of the crowd who think he's protecting them from an evil military junta
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

SGOS

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on July 15, 2016, 07:07:08 PM
If erodgan is faking it to gain power, it's like when the Nazis burned the Reichstag

That crossed my mind too, but it would be a pretty big conspiracy to keep hidden.

Munch

That cringeworthy ErdoÄŸan loyalist on the live feed is painful to listen to.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Munch on July 15, 2016, 07:40:53 PM
That cringeworthy ErdoÄŸan loyalist on the live feed is painful to listen to.

Well they are all out of a copy machine. You have heard the millions by hearing one.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

GrinningYMIR

"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

GrinningYMIR

drunkenshoe

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on July 15, 2016, 07:47:20 PM
These just said the coup failed

yeah...I don't see how it could have turned otherwise. So many conflicting news.

drunkenshoe

GrinningYMIR

I just saw three jets fly over Ankara

drunkenshoe

Quote from: mauricio on July 15, 2016, 07:58:58 PM
https://www.facebook.com/live

It says coup has been stopped and some soldiers surrendered to police themselves.

Apparently, there was an attack on the parliement. Unsuccessful.

I wonder if there is a body count. I hope not.

GrinningYMIR

It's a fake coup. No reason to bomb parliament or anything.