News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: Munch on January 29, 2020, 03:53:50 PM
He's saying that the common flu has claimed more people recently over the last few years then what the coronavirus has done so far (remains to see how worse it gets) it's just that the media are fearmongering as if it's the black death.

According to a recent study worldwide the flu kills 291,000 to 646,000 people each year every year. As of the chart posted earlier in this thread the Kung flu has killed 106.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Mermaid

He's saying that the common flu has claimed more people recently over the last few years then what the coronavirus has done so far (remains to see how worse it gets) it's just that the media are fearmongering as if it's the black death.
The "common flu" is a terrible virus.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Munch

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on January 29, 2020, 04:03:07 PM
According to a recent study worldwide the flu kills 291,000 to 646,000 people each year every year. As of the chart posted earlier in this thread the Kung flu has killed 106.

Yeah, and yet the media are claiming as if its the end of the world. These kind of things go and come around all the time
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 29, 2020, 01:30:37 PM
Jeez, whomever it is who makes/sells those face masks will make a...killing!

Emperor Xi makes the best … Commie Capitalist.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Mermaid on January 29, 2020, 03:06:06 PM
I'm not all that happy about it myself. The morbidity and mortality rates are pretty high with this new virus. The flu is bad enough as it is.

Soup made with turmeric and ginger kills respiratory problems.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Media sell fear, and New Improved Tide!  The Media are the Black Death.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Quote from: Baruch on January 29, 2020, 07:28:09 PM
Soup made with turmeric and ginger kills respiratory problems.
*stares in asthma*

Hydra009

Quote from: Mermaid on January 29, 2020, 03:06:06 PM
I'm not all that happy about it myself. The morbidity and mortality rates are pretty high with this new virus. The flu is bad enough as it is.
It can also spread while still incubating (in other words, people can spread it before they're noticeably sick)

But it has been successfully grown in a lab, allowing for a more thorough analysis of the virus and could help in the creation of a vaccine.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: Hydra009 on January 29, 2020, 11:39:24 PM
It can also spread while still incubating (in other words, people can spread it before they're noticeably sick)

But it has been successfully grown in a lab, allowing for a more thorough analysis of the virus and could help in the creation of a vaccine.
Before y'all get your hopes up, just remember that medical staff and other people involved in dealing with the virus will be the first to receive such a vaccine. Don't let hope make you complacent.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Hydra009

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on January 29, 2020, 11:55:00 PM
Before y'all get your hopes up, just remember that medical staff and other people involved in dealing with the virus will be the first to receive such a vaccine. Don't let hope make you complacent.
I guess I'll have to reschedule my weekly swappin' spit at the asian food market session.  :(

And yes, I know that the most vulnerable (medical workers, elderly, kids, etc) will be the first to get a shot, not me.  This isn't the Titanic.  I think I can manage waiting a little extra.

Shiranu

The WHO just declared it a international public health emergency, only the sixth time something has been given that rank.

I'm prone to believe an organization of doctors and health professionals when it comes to health related issues.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Unbeliever

Hell, humanity should be considered a public health emergency.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Hydra009

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 30, 2020, 03:52:00 PM
Hell, humanity should be considered a public health emergency.
Technically, it's a STD.  :P

Sal1981

Quote from: Hydra009 on January 30, 2020, 05:24:54 PM
Technically, it's a STD.  :P
I think it was 60 tonnes less carbon footprint if you DIDN'T reproduce.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on January 29, 2020, 11:10:53 PM
*stares in asthma*

Try it.  But if politics makes you hyperventilate, then stop paying attention to politics.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.