Creationists OWNED evolutionists on bbc news

Started by PickelledEggs, August 12, 2013, 09:24:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PickelledEggs

Not going to lie... I thought this was a comedy skit.

I don't know whether to laugh or to cry.

[youtube:2r8c930d]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sP63mfn0gg[/youtube:2r8c930d]

(I put it as a url link because for some reason the you tube thing isn't working for me for some reason.)

SGOS

I didn't see anyone getting owned.  Creationists had the floor for 12 minutes and an evolutionist had a chance to respond for 3 minutes.  If owning someone means being given the most time, evolutionists had the edge, I suppose, although it was just the usual creationist tripe like Life is too complex.  It had to have a designer.  I guess they don't think much of Darwin and all the science and discovery that followed him.  Too bad they don't have any research to point to.  But that's not what creationism does.  It's just a series of assertions.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: "SGOS"I didn't see anyone getting owned.
It's ridiculous that they even allowed that on air. The news anchor didn't even let the third person or the actual scientist to speak. I guess who ever published the video thinks that "owning" someone just means hogging the camera's time, or being flat out stubborn.

Edit: (Thanks for the link fix btw, Wolf)

EntirelyOfThisWorld

Sounds like a tactic refined by Faux News with that old show Hanity and Combes.  They get this guy Hanity, a world class bully, and put him up against a "liberal" wimp who couldn't get his own show on MSNBC.  It played like the Harlem Globetrotters vs. the Washington Generals.
Freedom is Free.  It\'s included in Democracy.  Democracy is Hard.  It involves coexisting with people who think that sayings like "Freedom is not Free" actually makes some kind of sense.

SGOS

You've heard of the low budget movies made to go straight to DVD.  This was a TV program made to go straight to Utube.  Well, it seemed like it, anyway. :-D

Farroc

I don't know whether to laugh my ass off or lose all hope for humanity.
"The idea of getting a, y\'know, syringe full of heroin and shooting it in the vein under my cock right now seems like almost a productive act." -Bill Hicks

JesusForTheWin

Are there people who actually still believe in evolution???

PopeyesPappy

Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: "JesusForTheWin"Are there people who actually still believe in evolution???
For a creationist, that trolling wasn't very... creative.

JesusForTheWin

Quote from: "PickelledEggs"
Quote from: "JesusForTheWin"Are there people who actually still believe in evolution???
For a creationist, that wasn't very creative trolling...

Why is asking a simple question trolling?

Colanth

It's not.  Asking such an obviously trollish question is, though.  (If you don't understand why asking atheists whether we "believe in" evolution, you won't last here very long.  There's nothing to believe in - evolution occurs as certainly as rain does.  Do you "believe in" rain?)
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: "JesusForTheWin"
Quote from: "PickelledEggs"
For a creationist, that wasn't very creative trolling...

Why is asking a simple question trolling?
And to add to what Colanth said; you didn't even introduce yourself.

StupidWiz

Why are there so many adults who still believe in fairy tale-ish imaginary friend???
... To teach superstitions as truths is the most terrible thing. The child mind accepts and believes them, and only through great pain and perhaps tragedy can they be in after years relieved of them. - Hypatia

JesusForTheWin

Quote from: "StupidWiz"
Why are there so many adults who still believe in fairy tale-ish imaginary friend???

Please provide proof for your statements.

JesusForTheWin

Quote from: "Colanth"It's not.  Asking such an obviously trollish question is, though.  (If you don't understand why asking atheists whether we "believe in" evolution, you won't last here very long.  There's nothing to believe in - evolution occurs as certainly as rain does.  Do you "believe in" rain?)

Well of course I believe in rain, it is something that has actually been observed in nature.  Sorry but asking for belief in evolution is valid because there are many scientists who do not believe in it.  Comparing evolution to rain is illogical.