News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Creationism

Started by Solitary, July 21, 2013, 11:03:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solitary

There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

PickelledEggs

I literally have nothing to say. The fact that knowledge is a controversy to some people frustrates me to the core. I guess its good that she was able to say that science is getting more acceptable in schools, but, at that point, it's like getting your house robbed and instead of them taking the whole lot, they only steal your tv.

Gawdzilla Sama

This kind of thing is why I went from totally apathetic to actively atheistic.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Eric1958

I enjoyed the lecture and plan to get more involved on the local level. I have two sons who attend local public schools and I'm embarrassed to say that I'm not sure where Alaska is at in regards to how science is taught in our schools. I'm pretty sure we haven't gone the way of Texas, but I'm going to find out for sure.

Seabear

In pulic schools, Creationism, and Absinence Only as an excuse for true sex education, are two of my biggest hot-button issues.
"There is a saying in the scientific community, that every great scientific truth goes through three phases. First, people deny it. Second, they say it conflicts with the Bible. Third, they say they knew it all along."

- Neil deGrasse Tyson