Suppose for a moment that there is a God.

Started by SoldierofFortune, January 12, 2022, 02:35:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoldierofFortune

In that case,

The degree at which the total human being(s) knowledge can accumulate, no matter human being(s) do, like enhancing scientific method.
Is it the degree He lets?

aitm

I have seen nothing that would lead me to believe any of the gods have ever gotten involved in humanity. Why would they “install” an IQ barrier?
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

SoldierofFortune

Quote from: aitm on January 12, 2022, 02:50:17 PM
I have seen nothing that would lead me to believe any of the gods have ever gotten involved in humanity. Why would they “install” an IQ barrier?

Not exactly.

Like, think of fish: No matter their collective IQ is, because they live in the sea, and cannot conceptualize any other world which can have any other conditions, the borders that confine them is limited and obvious, the exact equivalent for humanity is the whole space.

SoldierofFortune

I remember when I was an elementary school student, at the age of about 8 or 9, we had a teacher quite agressive and stern

He said that, Im translating, I cannot inject the information into your brain, I clearly remember.

Yeah, It seemed to me quite understandable...

Years forward... I have learnt that the difference between the IQ of modern human living at 2022, and that of the biologically augmented speciess, will be, like now modern apes, and human...

by the way, That teacher was accused of sexsual harrassment of a little girl. He was her private tutor, according to the news.
I think the reason he is aggressive, he couldnt fuck his wife at home and decharged in classroom.
sorry for being explicit but we are all adults here.

Mr.Obvious

Soldier, I´m sorry to say that I have no fucking clue what it is you are getting at.
Not in the OP, not in your post directly above.

Is it my faulty english? I don´t know.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

SoldierofFortune

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on January 12, 2022, 03:17:26 PM
Soldier, I´m sorry to say that I have no fucking clue what it is you are getting at.
Not in the OP, not in your post directly above.

Is it my faulty english? I don´t know.

Mr. Obvious; When I am writing here, considering I am not writing doctoral assertion, I dont give the adequate importance as to being all consistent.

aitm in his post overestimates the intelligence of human beings. And I say that because we are still the same human as 200k years ago, making rough tools from stones, with the difference accumulating knowledge throughout generations. We are still making tools, aka technology.

And with the technology, the gap will be unfillable between we modern humans, and biotechnologically enhanced one.

Maybe you do now know the context and you are not interested in futurism at the adequate degree enough to grasp the context.

Hydra009

Suppose for a moment that ice is hot.

Do radishes greenly?

SoldierofFortune

Quote from: Hydra009 on January 12, 2022, 07:26:30 PM
Suppose for a moment that ice is hot.

Do radishes greenly?

You just cannot suppose as you lack plasticity as a prerequisite needed for this gymnastics class.

So, need not try to avoid the short circuit.

Cassia

As the arrow of time moves forward, individual humans actually own smaller and smaller portion of the total human knowledge. Eventually an individual will be almost useless because of our extensive specialization. Imagine a single human going back in time 3,000 years and attempting to catch them up on technologies like cell phones and brain surgery. Not gonna happen.

There could be a reaction against experts, science, and "feeling small" happening right now... when you read all the anti vax memes, LOL. These people hate losing control and relying on experts and science until the grim reaper shows up at their sick bed.

SoldierofFortune

Quote from: Cassia on January 12, 2022, 08:40:03 PM
As the arrow of time moves forward, individual humans actually own smaller and smaller portion of the total human knowledge. Eventually an individual will be almost useless because of our extensive specialization. Imagine a single human going back in time 3,000 years and attempting to catch them up on technologies like cell phones and brain surgery. Not gonna happen.

There could be a reaction against experts, science, and "feeling small" happening right now... when you read all the anti vax memes, LOL. These people hate losing control and relying on experts and science until the grim reaper shows up at their sick bed.

With the anti vax memes, or say flat earthers,(all the produced in process) and in parallel reasoning with all the up-to-date news and discussions and controversies etc.etc.

The media shoots or yells or cries or vomits at the mountain, the mountain is the people who echo or reflect whats threw at.

The media presents, even dictates, what should be spoken, it leaks and it whispers what must be discussed. And the academic labourers, undercover journalists tells, tells and tells... Thats the worldview and lifestyle ecosystem, which occupy the minds. you cannot save yourself from this without going isolation living a hermit life. or something. But homosapiens cannot live in isolation, by himself, on his own. because we are social animals if we cannot succeed in working collaborately, we simply cannot survive, Ill touch this below.

Because I know Turkland better, let me give example from here: Because no country can escape from the superpower hegemony which affect considerably the interior politics of the countries it imposes hard. In some way majority of Turkish voters voted for the moderate Islamic party because, with the magnificent campaigns on which billions spent and the state-of-the-art psycological and sociological marketing strategy and methods. Money can buy brain power.

This is so. If you want to make the people belive flat earth, they simply believe. thats it. Of course there is a high politic agenda of which I know almost nothing.

What if I went back in time with AK47 in my possesion? Of course a single man cannot do nothing.

I will rise the bet, what do you think if an ape and a human were put in a single island

vs

And if 100 humans and 100 apes were put in a single island.?

In the first case, the ape will absolutely survive,
But in the second, because the humans power arise collective collaboration, and division of labour, they will annihilate the apes and will fry them to eat.
Apes cannot collaborate, and divide the labor.

Jason Harvestdancer

"A God" is not equivalent to any particular god you might want us to imagine.  Aitm and I might imagine entirely different "A God".
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

aitm

Quote from: SoldierofFortune on January 12, 2022, 03:26:45 PM

aitm in his post overestimates the intelligence of human beings. And I say that because we are still the same human as 200k years ago, making rough tools from stones, with the difference accumulating knowledge throughout generations. We are still making tools, aka technology.

I don’t think I over estimate human intelligence at all. We are a “monkey see, monkey do” species. Only a few are inventors or smart enough to understand those. But we are way further along that 200,000 years ago. 2000 years not so much.

But perhaps I misunderstood your OP, it SEEMS like your suggesting a god would purposefully limit our intellectual ability. Rather irrelevant if so, wanting to be smart enough to converse with god would be a worthwhile endeavor, but if god only allows you to talk to chimps…meh.

If your suggesting that humanity with or without god can only be so smart, I would look back on our progress and say the same thing. Humanity is stupid…but adept at copying. We only have a handful of the genius or the inventor. Those are the ones that show us how to weave the first basket….make a typewriter….invent a Cotten gin…design a rocket….understand how to make it fly. The rest of us watch and listen and then understand what they are saying. And some….some….are able to use that one genius idea and go one step better…not because they were inherently smarter, but they were able to see things differently and thus approach it, with the aid of the knowledge they just possessed to go a step further.

The vast of humanity if left along wouldn’t think of using a damn canoe to go across the river. But as a whole we are a faster clicking creature than 200,000 years ago-citation unneeded for bald assertion.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: SoldierofFortune on January 12, 2022, 02:56:53 PM
Not exactly.

, because they live in the sea, and cannot conceptualize any other world which can have any other conditions,

Mudskipper
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Draconic Aiur

FreethinkingSceptic

Quote from: aitm on January 12, 2022, 02:50:17 PMI have seen nothing that would lead me to believe any of the gods have ever gotten involved in humanity. Why would they “install� an IQ barrier?
I'm not sure what the difference between "being involved", and "not being involved" is, or how one would draw such a distinction.