News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Dear Abby, I'm an Atheist

Started by SGOS, February 15, 2014, 11:16:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason78

Quote from: SGOS on February 15, 2014, 02:32:22 PM
That beats Abby's advice by a long shot.  Somewhere there could be a compromise.  It's possible that hubby just wants to get his wife to go to church.  I know, he had a mild depression and all, but it sounds a little manipulative to me, especially when there are probably other alternatives.  He has to have his wife in church for support or, or.... what?  Why is that such an imperative?  Mild depression and all, maybe it's time he learn to stand on his own two feet.

That's the kind of people churches target.   The desperate and the vulnerable.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

AllPurposeAtheist

I guess it really depends.  Living with Roxanne was a trip for 22 yrs. She was a Catholic, but never went to church and the subject never came up. She was aware I'm an atheist. She didn't even pronounce church correctly calling it turch.. None of the kids were indoctrinated although one did attend Catholic school a few years, but she never bought into it.
I know Roxanne believed in a god, but not the nonsense dogma.
That said, I have zero interest in being with a sky pilot and putting up with her telling me I might burn in hell and trying to drag me to meet pastor x. I don't wanna end up in jail on trumped up charges after telling her she's full of shit and STFU before I stuff her buybull down her throat. My brother put up with that horseshit for years before finally leaving his fat little fish mongerer. She smelled of fish too..from a distance.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

SGOS

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on March 25, 2014, 12:24:46 PM
I guess it really depends.  Living with Roxanne was a trip for 22 yrs. She was a Catholic, but never went to church and the subject never came up. She was aware I'm an atheist. She didn't even pronounce church correctly calling it turch.. None of the kids were indoctrinated although one did attend Catholic school a few years, but she never bought into it.
I know Roxanne believed in a god, but not the nonsense dogma.
That said, I have zero interest in being with a sky pilot and putting up with her telling me I might burn in hell and trying to drag me to meet pastor x. I don't wanna end up in jail on trumped up charges after telling her she's full of shit and STFU before I stuff her buybull down her throat. My brother put up with that horseshit for years before finally leaving his fat little fish mongerer. She smelled of fish too..from a distance.
I don't have any interest having a relationship with a spiritual woman either.  I'm fine with that, but it really closes down the chance of meeting someone, by what 80 or 90 percent?  I've had those relationships before.  They are OK for the short term.

AllPurposeAtheist

I'm not interested in the phony nonsense. I make it quite clear my views about those things and still get the occasional ditsy broad who wants to convert me. Maybe they think their twat is divinely inspired.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

curiouscrab

Quote from: Plu on March 25, 2014, 04:35:28 AM
No you're not. You're just the only atheist you know about within miles of your city.
No, only atheist within miles of my house (.15 miles to be exact).
Romans - 1
Jesus - 0
:vegetasmiley:
Just :hand: and :think: for a moment about your life. :doh: when you realize you believed in something and found out it wasn't true :liar: :wall: (aka :new_xmas:). Now repeat while thinking about what you may currently believe in. :fU: