Noah film edited due to 'historical inaccuracies'

Started by Youssuf Ramadan, March 07, 2014, 04:47:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: stromboli on March 28, 2014, 05:48:19 PM
Yeah. Stranger in a Strange Land still ranks as one of my favorites.
She got "not retained" because of that, sadly. I think she moved on to a larger school. The sex was too much for the local bluenoses. The murders, not so much.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

St Giordano Bruno

Edit out the historical inaccuracies and would of course be a very short film, and then it could be entered for the Trofest short film competition  and only if they make their signature item, "bullshit" some time in the future. Believe me that ark would be filled with plenty of bullshit -  literally.   
Voltaire - "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities"

SGOS

Historically accurate or Biblically accurate, it doesn't make much difference.  Hollywood seldom films the movie exactly as the book is written, or in the case of history, exactly how it is recorded.  It's called artistic license.  If religion is automatically granted a bullshit license, Hollywood should be granted an artistic license.  In the end, getting one's nose out of joint over the issue is really kind of weird.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: SGOS on March 29, 2014, 07:46:12 AMHollywood seldom films the movie exactly as the book is written, or in the case of history, exactly how it is recorded.
If they do try, the cry of "regurgitation" arises. If they don't, then "profaning the original" is the cry. Critics get paid to whinge.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

AllPurposeAtheist

Wait, shouldn't god have changed the movie to portray ONLY historical accuracies? Oh wait..the test pattern movie.. :lol:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

josephpalazzo

I wouldn't mind a movie faithfully representing the bible. You're just substituting the medium(book) for another medium(movie). The content is still fictional. But I wouldn't go see it.  :biggrin2:

leo

Quote from: josephpalazzo on March 29, 2014, 05:09:18 PM
I wouldn't mind a movie faithfully representing the bible. You're just substituting the medium(book) for another medium(movie). The content is still fictional. But I wouldn't go see it.  :biggrin2:
Why ? Anthony hopkins is in the movie for Chuck Norris sake! I know any version of the Noah story is bullshit but the movie is okay.
Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

josephpalazzo

Mandingo

Quote from: Johan on March 08, 2014, 08:55:07 AM
Next they're going to tell me that Batman cartoons contain 'historical inaccuracies'.

Why not? They ate the Harvey Oswald and 9/11 stories too, didn't they? Talk about cartoon characters and plots!

RobbyPants

I like how the primary complaint of "it's inaccurate" is levied by people who have made "accurate", yet unsuccessful movies. People have seen the accurate ones, and they're terrible. Of course producers are going to back a movie that's more likely to succeed.

charde

Quote from: RobbyPants on April 02, 2014, 10:32:41 AM
I like how the primary complaint of "it's inaccurate" is levied by people who have made "accurate", yet unsuccessful movies. People have seen the accurate ones, and they're terrible. Of course producers are going to back a movie that's more likely to succeed.

I dunno -- that beautiful new drama "God Isn't Dead" starring Kevin Sorbo is rocketing to the top of the religious movie charts!

stromboli

Interesting because Rotten Tomatoes gave it a 20% but the audience gave it 87%
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/gods_not_dead/

Hmmm.... wonder who the audience is.......... :think:

You can make a cheesy shit movie on the right subject for cheap and the True Believers will eat it up.

charde

Quote from: stromboli on April 02, 2014, 05:24:59 PM
Interesting because Rotten Tomatoes gave it a 20% but the audience gave it 87%
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/gods_not_dead/

Hmmm.... wonder who the audience is.......... :think:

...I have my suspicions...

QuoteYou can make a cheesy shit movie on the right subject for cheap and the True Believers will eat it up.

I'm honestly surprised Hollywood didn't figure this out years ago.

There's such irony involved in terms of belief. When "The Passion of the Christ" came out, many many Christians flocked to it and endured the movie. If it had been about anyone but Jesus, it would have been seen as an overly violent snuff film and decried; instead all of these folks who can't even handle PG-13 movies sat through it, some multiple times.

If you can get a religious face on it, the audience will pay for it.

stromboli

Many years ago when I was a Mormon, they made a movie called "Here's Brother Brigham!" Produced by some LDS person or other, We went to it in the big theater. We came out all trying to act uplifted and enlightened, but it was so stupefyingly bad and had such a crappy ending it was indescribable. Never got one bad review, and just showing in Provo Utah to the BYU students I'm sure it made its money back.

doorknob

[k]illing all humans but eight in order to start over (as the Bible portrays) may seem harsh to our thoroughly Modern Millie minds…it reaffirms that Image of God in Man that gives man value despite the evil.”

I'm sitting here going WHAAAAAT? how does this quote make any sense? It doesn't.

personally I want to see the movie. I don't give a crap if it takes after the bible or not, it's a movie made for entertainment not historical record. LMAO people who take life too seriously.

Even if I am an atheist I have no problem with epic bible story movies especially all spiced up.