News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Delicate topic: Homosexual superiority?

Started by GrinningYMIR, September 11, 2015, 11:15:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomFoolery

Quote from: SGOS on September 11, 2015, 02:06:48 PM
I haven't noticed a superior attitude among gays, and I've actually known quite a few.  I'm sure there are some.  They are human, after all.  The thing about their love being more superior sounds off.

I think this hits the nail on the head. It's a narcissistic thing, not a gay thing, and since some people are narcissists, it follows that some narcissists will also be gay.

One argument I have seen again and again is in the same vein but on the flip side. It's like parents who say "You will never know love until you have a child." Not only is that argument grossly narcissistic, but self-defeating, because if parental love for a child is the ultimate and no other love can compare, that means the child in question can't really love its parents back. It cheapens the definition of love for infertile couples by trying to rigidly define love within individual parameters. Parents can't corner the market on love any more than gay couples can. Love is a thing that is unique to every person that experiences it, so to attempt to corner the market on "love" by insisting that one's own love experience is the standard we should hold all other love up to is just ridiculous.
How can you be sure my refusal to agree with your claim a symptom of my ignorance and not yours?

Munch

I really think its just certain cliques, its the same as how there are testosterone filled straight men with 'men are POWAR!" attitude, but most regular guys don't have this attitude.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

stromboli

By superior attitude I don't mean the male dominance thing, but intellectually. I have spent many years among crews of men and am well familiar with male dominance. But there isn't the sense of male ownership that is presented by hetero men. Hard to describe beyond that.

Youssuf Ramadan

There are many groups who think they are superior for whatever reason, from left-handedness to religion to football teams.  It's all crap.

Quote from: Shiranu on September 11, 2015, 11:22:54 AM
On this... yeah, that's why my gay friends have been cheated on, disrespected and basically treated like sex toys like alot of men treat women. Gay love hasn't struck me as any bit superiour. People don't fuck for a desire to reproduce, they fuck from a desire to fuck.

Nicely summed up.  I've seen the same thing time and again.

trdsf

Nah, we're just the same as straights, really.  Individuals are superior and inferior, without regard for who they prefer to have sex with.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Baruch

A different angle.  People who are superior, aren't average, any more than people who are inferior.  One has to be two sigma or above to be superior.  So being variant is key ... if you aren't variant, then you are average (nothing wrong with that either).  The problem with variance, is that you have as much an odds of being inferior as being superior.  So I would say that superior people are abnormal, but who have overcome their abnormality in a way that sets them above, rather then below.  And of course gay people are variant ... so some gay people have been vary superior (Da Vinci and Michelangelo).  I think it is harder for normal people to be superior, and even harder if you are unable to overcome your abnormality.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

PickelledEggs

I've noticed drama-y or diva-y attitudes from some of my gay friends, but that's about it. No more of a superiority complex than the average straight man/woman... Maybe it's a local thing by you? or having to do with the social circles you're in?

AllPurposeAtheist

Anyone claiming any sort of moral superiority or any other superiority for that matter loses credibility with me. For that matter the Internet is full of self proclaimed superior dipshits and they come in just about every stripe imaginable, political, religious, sports fans, spellers, people who can copy and paste shit from Wikipedia and just about anything you can think of. The world is full of self righteous assholes.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

stromboli

In my case I think it has a lot to do with the local environment. Even now gays are still under duress if they are open about it. Those that I have mentioned are people I either knew incidentally and worked with or were friends with, and few in number. Otherwise I would probably not even think about it. I've been somewhat sensitized to the issue because of the suicide of two gay friends, so I tend to subconsciously identify people in that regard.

The Skeletal Atheist

Of course gay love is superior. Has your relationship ever been so passionate that it caused a fucking tornado? I don't think so.

In all seriousness gay relationships are equal to straight relationships, if you let that scale tilt any other way you're fucking in the head.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

GSOgymrat

I must have missed the memo that gay relationships are superior.

Munch

Quote from: GSOgymrat on September 12, 2015, 02:56:09 AM
I must have missed the memo that gay relationships are superior.

But of course they are, if its a gay couple, that means twice as much peckers all round :P

But seriously, no gender is superior in regards to how relationships work.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

GSOgymrat

I find this topic particularly irritating... and I know it's my own issues.

stromboli

Quote from: GSOgymrat on September 12, 2015, 08:11:55 AM
I find this topic particularly irritating... and I know it's my own issues.

Personally I'd like to take back all my responses because I don't have enough experience with gay people to be any kind of authority. So consider me uninformed.

Johan

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on September 11, 2015, 11:15:13 AM
Today I even saw a guy I considered a friend say that homosexual relationships are better because "they rely on actual love and not on the desire to reproduce. So a gay relationship is better than all straights because they get together for love and not sex and the desire for kids"

Gay men don't get into relationships for sex? This person clearly has not known some of the gay men I've known. Because some of the gay men I've known were total man sluts. Not more than 16 seconds between breaking up with someone and dating someone else. And not dating someone more than 10 seconds before fucking them.

Ok obviously I'm exaggerating a bit there. But yeah, I've known some gay guys who probably couldn't go more than 36 hours without fucking a new boyfriend if you put a gun to their head.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful