News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Post your funny pictures here!!! part Deux

Started by Nam, July 26, 2014, 08:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: the_antithesis on February 17, 2022, 12:05:14 PM
He means what were the catholics and protestants were arguing about. Funny how different brands of christians hate each other more than they hate us.
Yeah, the tensions seems to come from the fear that the other lot has it right and we're doin' it wrong. Civil wars are often the nastiest.

I like to stand on the edges and egg them on.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: drunkenshoe on February 17, 2022, 11:01:26 AM
As far as I understand, it is something done with the mouth? It's traditionally your mother language honey, you tell me.

lol, no. A squabble is just an argument over a trivial matter. I assume aitm was just trying to figure out what they were arguing about. Probably something along the lines of dunking versus sprinkling or the Protestants called the Catholics idol worshippers.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

drunkenshoe

I have no idea. But I'm thinking it's probably something about vaccine, masks? E: I was drunk, I was trying to be funny with that line, and apparently, I forgot how to drink,lol.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

drunkenshoe

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

drunkenshoe

Hydra009

Quote from: drunkenshoe on February 18, 2022, 03:39:29 AM
I can get behind some of that I hate taverns,period.
But they're the main source of quests.  Without them, heroes wouldn't know where to go or who to defeat.

Hydra009

Quote from: drunkenshoe on February 18, 2022, 03:42:15 AMThey are melting iron needed for casting, OK? It makes sense alright?
Most cities have industrial parks, but they're usually several miles from commercial/residential zones.  I'd have to rewatch T2, but afaik, they went from a mall to a smelter in a high-speed chase in an awfully short amount of time.  Maybe they traveled far enough in that time, but probably not.

the_antithesis

Quote from: Hydra009 on February 18, 2022, 09:06:19 AM
Most cities have industrial parks, but they're usually several miles from commercial/residential zones.  I'd have to rewatch T2, but afaik, they went from a mall to a smelter in a high-speed chase in an awfully short amount of time.  Maybe they traveled far enough in that time, but probably not.

Eh, it's a movie. Do you want to see a thirty minute car ride in real time?

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Hydra009 on February 18, 2022, 12:27:52 AM

Don't know about the "factory", but the road was California 110, connecting the Port of Los Angeles with the 405 freeway. Drove it five days a week to get to LBNSY. The open grate bridge looked like a huge cheese grater when it was raining and you were on a motorcycle.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Hydra009

Quote from: the_antithesis on February 18, 2022, 09:20:53 AM
Eh, it's a movie. Do you want to see a thirty minute car ride in real time?
*flashbacks to LOTR Extended Edition with sweeping shots of Legolas and co treking through the imaginary fantasy world of New Zealand*

YES.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Hydra009 on February 18, 2022, 11:15:31 AM
*flashbacks to LOTR Extended Edition with sweeping shots of Legolas and co treking through the imaginary fantasy world of New Zealand*

YES.
"They're taking the hobbits to Isengard!"
PZ Myers