News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Post your funny pictures here!!! part Deux

Started by Nam, July 26, 2014, 08:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on October 05, 2020, 02:54:36 PM
Begin by thinking that getting those installed would be the act of an unbalanced person. Then consider how unbalanced squared becomes balance.

LOL. But then do thumbs count as opposable with those? Or is it just some wild animal envy? I've always thought humans are deeply jealous and envious of wild animals. We are the ugliest ones nature made. Let's face it. Some people don't take that kindly. I mean, doesn't matter what you do to yourself, you will never far, far and far remotely as near as beautiful, majestic and magnificent as this:

Snow leopard is by far the only animal that makes me think less than a sec every time I look at their pics that we either really live in a simulation or somebody's mocking us severely.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

trdsf

Quote from: Mike Cl on October 05, 2020, 09:08:22 AM
Quote from: twozerozeroonefive on October 05, 2020, 03:14:31 AM

...tits
Glasses............
Uh, isn't she in the driver's seat?  Who's holding the steering wheel?

(you have your priorities, I have mine...)
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Baruch

British/Japanese car .. you gaijin!

Also stock photos often are reversed.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Good illustration of what happens when two supermassive bodies orbit each other.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

drunkenshoe

I don't think that car is moving. Is it?
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Mike Cl

Quote from: drunkenshoe on October 06, 2020, 04:00:06 AM
LOL. But then do thumbs count as opposable with those? Or is it just some wild animal envy? I've always thought humans are deeply jealous and envious of wild animals. We are the ugliest ones nature made. Let's face it. Some people don't take that kindly. I mean, doesn't matter what you do to yourself, you will never far, far and far remotely as near as beautiful, majestic and magnificent as this:

Snow leopard is by far the only animal that makes me think less than a sec every time I look at their pics that we either really live in a simulation or somebody's mocking us severely.
I LOVE big cats.  But the Snow Leopard is by far the most beautiful of them!!!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: drunkenshoe on October 06, 2020, 08:47:44 AM
I don't think that car is moving. Is it?
I think this is post-crash. The airbags have deployed.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Unbeliever

Yeah, I thought that was a flotation device...
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Mike Cl

Quote from: Unbeliever on October 06, 2020, 02:21:57 PM
Yeah, I thought that was a flotation device...
Yeah-----sorta like a Mae West---would keep me afloat............
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Mike Cl on October 06, 2020, 04:20:09 PM
Yeah-----sorta like a Mae West---would keep me afloat............
Up periscope!
PZ Myers

Hydra009

Hydra009

drunkenshoe

That's^ a problem about reception -linguistic, visual as the clock, money- not math or time keeping. She is asking the question with the number 4. Quarter and 4 together confuses her because she feels like it defines a quarter of something that is already a quarter of a whole itself,lol. A lot of people who suck at the most simple basic arithmetic wouldn't think like her with the correct reception.

This is about reading, imo. She is not a reader. That's -I think- why she lacks that reception. By that I mean reading books with a vocabulary more than 50 000 on average. An overwhelming amount of people in the known world only read self help books and material with the vocabulary equal to twilight novels. They grew up/live in social media. And social media is like the chapbook phase of the hypermodern period. 95 % is garbage. It's going to be studied in fascination, very differently a 50 years later. 

(Do you guys know chapbooks? Little booklets sold by pellars in Europe with very little text and illustrations -which usually don't match- that go back to 16th century. English versions are pretty later I guess. It's the probably the first medium of the 'reading material' that went down to the ordinary people after the Western invention of the printing press. We live in a similar phase of something different. Dark ages.)

It's fascinating to me, esp. these days, as I have to deal with the reception theory and what has that become recently. What she asks is ridiculously funny because you don't get to have a personal opinion on math. But trust me, we all do the same thing with different basic concepts all around. Who knows what I have been doing, considering my job? I'm translating concepts to readers which they haven't heard of. Masses and generations have been/ are doing the same thing collectively -in the same culture as well as foreign ones crossing/clashing- with an idea or set of ideas =movements that shaped the human history.

One of the reasons why the focus on researches in social disciplines kept shifting to individualism, the attempts to reading the history from below in nearly the last 100 year? is this. Because the receiver is not passive. He has never been passive...aayh I got carried away. LOL, good morning.

GSOgymrat

Quote from: Hydra009 on October 07, 2020, 01:09:38 AM

Math and/or timekeeping is hard.

Honestly, when I was a child I found the phrase "quarter of four" confusing. Was is a quarter of the four o'clock hour (4:15) or a quarter until the four o'clock hour (3:45)? I learned that "of" meant "until."