News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Post your funny pictures here!!! part Deux

Started by Nam, July 26, 2014, 08:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Hydra009 on November 19, 2023, 11:49:15 PMFood tourism is defined as traveling to a foreign locale and tasting their food.  This is the inverse of that.
It's touted as an adventure and the travelers think it is an adventure, so to them it is an adventure. YMMV

As for me, food is very low on my adventure list.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: drunkenshoe on November 20, 2023, 12:32:20 AMWhat's with the classroom pic?
Looks like a Japanese restaurant I used to go to when I was stationed in Yokosuka. The Japanese put plastic models of their food in a display case outside the establishment. I got a waiter to follow me outside so I could point out the dish I was interested in. Got a deep bow and bowl of something that tasted like who fucking knows.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cassia

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on November 20, 2023, 07:11:49 AMIt's touted as an adventure and the travelers think it is an adventure, so to them it is an adventure. YMMV

I do enjoy reading the negative restaurant reviews on Yelp.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on November 20, 2023, 07:11:49 AMIt's touted as an adventure and the travelers think it is an adventure, so to them it is an adventure. YMMV

Yeah, I eat whatever I have to in order to stay alive, and that's about it.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Unbeliever

Quote from: Hydra009 on November 20, 2023, 10:00:32 AM

If The Savior looked like THAT,  I might consider joining the cult... 😇
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

the_antithesis

Dark Lightning

Prime candidate for impalement on the divine inseminator. 😁

Mike Cl

Quote from: Unbeliever on November 20, 2023, 10:49:02 AMYeah, I eat whatever I have to in order to stay alive, and that's about it.
I know exactly what you mean!  With onset of MDS my taste went haywire.  No matter what I eat, I am left with a horrid nasty after taste--everything tastes different.  I still smell the food as the same, but the taste is okay, but that damn after taste is not.  I'd just as soon not eat (and I loved food prior to that).  But I have to keep the stomach pain down; but I cannot tell a hunger pain from a gotta go pain.  Anyway, food is not fun any more--such is life......
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Mike Cl on November 20, 2023, 12:46:36 PMI know exactly what you mean!  With onset of MDS my taste went haywire.  No matter what I eat, I am left with a horrid nasty after taste--everything tastes different.  I still smell the food as the same, but the taste is okay, but that damn after taste is not.  I'd just as soon not eat (and I loved food prior to that).  But I have to keep the stomach pain down; but I cannot tell a hunger pain from a gotta go pain.  Anyway, food is not fun any more--such is life......

Because of acid reflux, I can't eat or drink pretty much anything any more. Good side is I've stopped smoking, and this time it is sure to stick, I can't stand the chest ache, tightness it causes with the reflux. I don't drink either. I've reduced the salt due to borderline tension which is not yet hyper apparently. So it is a healthy, and boring way of life. :/ But yeah it is life, what're you gonna do?
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Hydra009

Quote from: drunkenshoe on November 21, 2023, 03:02:51 AMBecause of acid reflux, I can't eat or drink pretty much anything any more.
Mine is still pretty mild, but I have to be careful with chocolates and fried/fatty foods and I absolutely can't eat to excess anymore (au revoir, buffets!)  If I overdo it (by say, eating a burger and then chugging a tall glass of chocolate milk), acid comes up and my throat feels tight and I dry heave for a while before finally burping my way back to being okay.  And sleeping with acid coming up is a dangerous and quite scary combination.

The silver lining is that I can still have spicy food so long as I tone down the meat and chase it with veggies or high-fiber foods.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: drunkenshoe on November 21, 2023, 03:02:51 AMBecause of acid reflux, I can't eat or drink pretty much anything any more. Good side is I've stopped smoking, and this time it is sure to stick, I can't stand the chest ache, tightness it causes with the reflux. I don't drink either. I've reduced the salt due to borderline tension which is not yet hyper apparently. So it is a healthy, and boring way of life. :/ But yeah it is life, what're you gonna do?
I quit cold turkey in '88. "I'm stronger than this addiction!" Much to my surprise it turned out to be true. Haven't smoked since then.
PZ Myers

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Hydra009 on November 21, 2023, 03:21:37 AMMine is still pretty mild, but I have to be careful with chocolates and fried/fatty foods and I absolutely can't eat to excess anymore (au revoir, buffets!)  If I overdo it (by say, eating a burger and then chugging a tall glass of chocolate milk), acid comes up and my throat feels tight and I dry heave for a while before finally burping my way back to being okay.  And sleeping with acid coming up is a dangerous and quite scary combination.

The silver lining is that I can still have spicy food so long as I tone down the meat and chase it with veggies or high-fiber foods.
Jack up your bed so you're head is a few inches higher than your stomach. Helps reduce the nightime reflux. I thought it was voodoo, but it works. I also suck on a Tums (antiacid pill) rather than chew it up. That helps me as well.
PZ Myers

Gawdzilla Sama

PZ Myers