News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

I learned something today.

Started by PickelledEggs, April 21, 2014, 03:40:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johan

Dustin is a pretty smart dude. Every clip I've seen from him has been good.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

stromboli

I actually knew this from hauling party balloons in vans/cars for many birthdays. Try several with one of the windows cracked. You will learn to hate Helium balloons.

Solitary

Thanks PickelledEggs! I just love it when parents teach their children science instead of superstitious nonsense and magical thinking. Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Hakurei Reimu

I saw an explanation of this on Newtons Apple. Really old Newton's Apple, when Ira Flatow was the host.

Ah, memories!
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

PickelledEggs

Quote from: stromboli on April 21, 2014, 02:18:09 PM
I actually knew this from hauling party balloons in vans/cars for many birthdays. Try several with one of the windows cracked. You will learn to hate Helium balloons.
Yeah, Come to think of it, I noticed that when I had a balloon in my car. I thought it was going to the front because I had an air leak in my front window though. I never even thought to consider that there was a complete different explanation.

Solitary

I liked the fact that it seems counterintuitive and isn't. Like the earth going around the sun and it is.  I love science! Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

ApostateLois

This is a great way to get children interested in science. Even at the age of five, they can learn complex physics if it is taught in a way that is fun and interesting.
"Now we see through a glass dumbly." ~Crow, MST3K #903, "Puma Man"

Shol'va

Nice way to demonstrate why intuitive thinking can and does fail us.

Jack89

Cool video.  Seem's like a pretty cool dad to boot.