Women's March Largest in U.S History

Started by Shiranu, January 22, 2017, 04:32:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: FaithIsFilth on January 26, 2017, 10:08:45 AM
Yeah, wearing a hijab to show solidarity is a terrible idea. Continuing to use the Clinton slogans as chants is a really dumb idea too. "Love trumps hate". Let Clinton fade away and die. The monster was rejected in a big way, and you're not helping your cause by using the slogans of a failed, wildly unpopular candidate who was never even liberal.

Madelien Albright (former Sec of State) now says ... will convert to Islam, to show solidarity with all those terrorist we have been supporting since the Reagan administration!  Put all the Democrat women in hijab or better yet, burqa ... so they can be clearly identified when they go in public, if their husbands/fathers let them!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on January 26, 2017, 10:57:09 AM
Who is responsible what is in your uterus?
The state?

Put chastity on the boys, then no more women problems ;-))  I do blame the boys more than the girls.  Sharia sex law (at least regarding promiscuity).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Atheon on January 26, 2017, 12:31:08 PM
How about these?

1. The right to have an abortion.
2. The right to affordable healthcare.
3. Freedom from religion. (Church/state separation)
4. Gay marriage.

Evidence? The Republicans have made it crystal clear that they want to strip Americans of these rights. It's no secret. Google it if you need convincing, but it's like asking for evidence that the sky is blue.

There are other rights under threat: freedom of the press, freedom of speech, freedom of protest, freedom of movement, freedom of access to information, freedom of religion, the right to vote ... just look at the newspapers each morning and you'll see what rights, freedoms and minorities Trump is attacking.

The right to affordable healthcare. ... that one isn't happening, no way, no how.  Pink elephants first.  I support the others.  After Trump destroys Europe, and Canada and any other place that has free medicine ... because they aren't paying their way in Nato ... then see how much brie that gets you ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

pr126

Freedom from religion? I guess it applies to Christianity only.
By the look of it, the "liberal" left has no problem with Islam.

I have seen the women in the demonstration march showing solidarity to their "Muslim Sisters", putting on hijabs, one was even screaming the Muslim battlecry  Allhu akbar.
What the hell? Getting used by Linda Sarsour for her agenda? How stupid is that?

And.
Does the state forbid abortion? Should the state pay for your abortion?

Munch

Quote from: pr126 on January 26, 2017, 01:28:36 PM

I have seen the women in the demonstration march showing solidarity to their "Muslim Sisters", putting on hijabs, one was even screaming the Muslim battlecry  Allhu akbar.
What the hell? Getting used by Linda Sarsour for her agenda? How stupid is that?

And.
Does the state forbid abortion? Should the state pay for your abortion?

like I say, this march demonstrated when people have a single minded goal, someone with an insidious ideal can work into the crowd, claim they are for that single minded ideal, and then use it to their advantage. Thats why this womens match will go down in history as a massive joke, unlike something like the Suffragettes in 1903 that sort for and achieved something.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Atheon

Quote from: pr126 on January 26, 2017, 01:28:36 PM
There you go again with your strawmen: conflating Islam, Muslims, and Islamic extremism.

I, a liberal, find Islamic extremism abhorrent and Sharia Law a travesty. I, an atheist, find Islam wrong, like any religion. But I, a humanist, have no problem with Muslims, who are human beings and as such should enjoy equal human rights. But I do have problems with people of murderous intent, no matter what their motivation.

I have yet to find even the most outspoken SJW support Sharia Law. What liberals are defending are the equal rights of Muslims, not the acts of violent extremists or the requirement of people to follow religious laws they do not wish to follow.

QuoteDoes the state forbid abortion?
Not yet, but if Trump and the Republicans get their way, it will be outlawed nationwide. They have loudly pledged to outlaw abortion (chiefly though Supreme Court nominations and a barrage of ever-restrictive laws), even though 70% of the population believes it should be legal.

QuoteShould the state pay for your abortion?
No, and it doesn't. Not in the US, anyway. For decades it has been illegal for taxpayer money to fund abortions.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Atheon

Quote from: Munch on January 26, 2017, 01:34:19 PM
like I say, this march demonstrated when people have a single minded goal, someone with an insidious ideal can work into the crowd, claim they are for that single minded ideal, and then use it to their advantage. Thats why this womens match will go down in history as a massive joke, unlike something like the Suffragettes in 1903 that sort for and achieved something.
What on earth are you talking about? One person? Who?

Some 4-5 million people took part. It has been widely recognized as a success, with minimal violence (every demonstration has some unaffiliated assholes who cause trouble, but it was minimal... 200 incidents or thereabouts among millions), and lauded for its historic nature. It is still being celebrated, and it was such a success that more marches are planned.

If you want to know the message, read the signs (many of which are being collected by museums to document this historic event).
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

pr126

Quotesome 4- 5 million people took part.

Some 4-5 millon people have been fooled. They were used for political gain.

Also, the main theme was that stupid "pussy grabbing" with some really unsavoury showing of props and speeches.

Cringingly shameful. Nothing to be proud of.

TrueStory

I'm glad our 2 friends who aren't from the US care so much about us.  Warms my heart.
Please don't take anything I say seriously.

TrueStory

LOL, there were worst riots when the Giants won the world series in 2014.   
Please don't take anything I say seriously.

Munch

Quote from: Atheon on January 26, 2017, 01:49:17 PM
What on earth are you talking about? One person? Who?

Some 4-5 million people took part. It has been widely recognized as a success, with minimal violence (every demonstration has some unaffiliated assholes who cause trouble, but it was minimal... 200 incidents or thereabouts among millions), and lauded for its historic nature. It is still being celebrated, and it was such a success that more marches are planned.

If you want to know the message, read the signs (many of which are being collected by museums to document this historic event).

Linda Sarsour. you really didn't know who spearheaded the march?

http://thefederalist.com/2017/01/24/linda-sarsours-muslim-identity-politics-epitomize-feminisms-hypocrisy/

Hydra009

Quote from: Atheon on January 26, 2017, 01:40:39 PMNot yet, but if Trump and the Republicans get their way, it will be outlawed nationwide. They have loudly pledged to outlaw abortion (chiefly though Supreme Court nominations and a barrage of ever-restrictive laws), even though 70% of the population believes it should be legal.
This.  Although abortion is legal in all 50 states, various states have put up roadblocks to make it difficult to obtain an abortion.

Abortion facilities are targeted with strict building regulations - ostensibly for to ensure the safety of women - which just happens to get these clinics closed down when they can't afford to comply with the new regulations.  Additionally, clinics can be pretty few and far between, creating long delays.  Which leads me to another restriction, mandatory waiting periods.  In some states, you can get a gun faster than you can get an abortion.

Additionally:
* parental consent/notification (there have been attempts at requiring spousal consent, but those were struck down as unconstitutional, presumably by godless heathen judicial activists)
* mandatory abortion counseling (typically attempting to talk the woman out of getting the abortion)
* mandatory ultrasounds (which I've heard is a blast for rape victims)
* mandatory funeral services for the fetus (to really drive home the idea of fetal personhood)

So yeah, abortion is technically legal.  The abortion clinic is a 3-hour drive away and it's surrounded by bear traps and landmines, but it's open.

Baruch

The Suffragettes didn't just march or petition the government or get arrested.  They got Victorian men to agree with them.  That must have been a tough task.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

Quote from: Baruch on January 26, 2017, 06:13:41 PM
The Suffragettes didn't just march or petition the government or get arrested.  They got Victorian men to agree with them.  That must have been a tough task.

its a pity that level of class isn't present in todays marches, maybe it would make a difference, but then again the worlds a different place to 1903, we have a loooot more people then back then.

Shiranu

Quoteits a pity that level of class isn't present in todays marches...

Please, if it was 1903 you would be bitching about those damn women causing a ruckus...probably lamenting that the officers had to dirty their uniforms in removing these unlawful morons because of their disorderly conduct. Don't act like radical opinions and violence in a protest magically appeared a generation ago.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur