News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Goddidit Vs Naturedidit

Started by Drew_2017, February 19, 2017, 05:17:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on April 04, 2017, 06:11:22 PM
Going fishing, I see Godis.  You have not read much of what I've written in the last few years, have you?  I could say bad things about jesus, swear and use all kinds of profanity and rant and rave against this fiction.  But that would be like going blitzoid on Bugs Bunny or Daffy Duck or Pecos Bill or Betty Crocker; like jesus, they are all fictions.  There is nothing to swear at or about--nothing.  You get all fearful and teary eyed about a fiction--that's not especially cowardly, just stupid.  But hey, it's your life believe in any fiction you like.

Betty Crocker was an advertising gimmick?  No apple pie for you!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Godis on April 04, 2017, 02:15:08 PM
Coward atheists don't really ever say much that's directly derogatory about Jesus.   It's as if they're scared or something.  If you don't think Jesus is still alive and that he will ultimately judge you, then what's holding you back? Come on, let's get it on the record what you really think about Jesus.  That way, you are fully accountable and not some sniveling idiot hiding in the shadows.  Come on, say what you want.

Sorry to disappoint but here goes ... Jesus should have struck the Romans dead and freed the Jewish people from the evil Gentiles.  Jesus didn't because he is a literary fiction, not even a false messiah.  There has never been a messiah who hasn't been false, or literary.  Nothing more than an imagined friendly neighborhood Jewish super-hero ... with kosher webbing.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on April 04, 2017, 07:03:41 PM
Betty Crocker was an advertising gimmick?  No apple pie for you!
Yeah, I know.  Uncle Ben was a disappointment to me. :))
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on April 04, 2017, 07:12:03 PM
Yeah, I know.  Uncle Ben was a disappointment to me. :))

He ran off with Aunt Jemima ... now there was a gal who could cook up some flapjacks!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on April 04, 2017, 07:18:00 PM
He ran off with Aunt Jemima ... now there was a gal who could cook up some flapjacks!
she was another huge disappointment.................and rice flapjacks are not all that good.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Sorginak

Philosophical queries are not answered by addressing a conclusion with post-conceived notions.  Yet, that is precisely what theism does.

Theism thinks it is the cure for worldly matters by ignoring logic and creating arguments in favor of a god rather than allowing that god to prove itself to be real.

Theism abhors to be reminded of the fact that faith is not evidence, so what does theism do?

Theism digs itself deeper into a grave with arguments that make no logical sense in accordance with reality.

Certainly, arguments created by delusional minds will make sense to delusional minds.

Reason disagrees, however.

Theists spend all their time arguing against the fact that their god does not exist.  If god did exist, there would be no need for faith.

Faith is not evidence.  Faith is hope, and hope is not a guarantee. 

Drew_2017

Quote from: Sorginak on April 04, 2017, 11:36:30 PM
Philosophical queries are not answered by addressing a conclusion with post-conceived notions.  Yet, that is precisely what theism does.

Theism thinks it is the cure for worldly matters by ignoring logic and creating arguments in favor of a god rather than allowing that god to prove itself to be real.

Theism abhors to be reminded of the fact that faith is not evidence, so what does theism do?

Theism digs itself deeper into a grave with arguments that make no logical sense in accordance with reality.

Certainly, arguments created by delusional minds will make sense to delusional minds.

Reason disagrees, however.

Theists spend all their time arguing against the fact that their god does not exist.  If god did exist, there would be no need for faith.

I guess we'll never know since rather than respond to my post you elect to post more unfiltered drivel. You found an opponent you can mop the floor with...yourself.
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
Albert Einstein

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jex6k2uvf9aljrq/theism.rtf?dl=0

Solomon Zorn

Quote from: Godis on April 04, 2017, 02:15:08 PM
Coward atheists don't really ever say much that's directly derogatory about Jesus.   It's as if they're scared or something.  If you don't think Jesus is still alive and that he will ultimately judge you, then what's holding you back? Come on, let's get it on the record what you really think about Jesus.  That way, you are fully accountable and not some sniveling idiot hiding in the shadows.  Come on, say what you want.

As a former Bible-College student, and aspiring Christian minister, It is my sincere opinion, that Jesus is a salt-stain, under an overpass, that Catholics line-up and offer prayers to...

If that's not clear...

“Insufficient”
Solomon Zorn

They say he walked on water, and turned water into wine,
He fed a multitude, and drove some demons into swine.
They say he raised the dead, and gave back eyesight to the blind,
He told a crippled man to walk, and lepers found him kind.

But these are insufficient works, in fact they're quite mundane,
When used as evidence for extraordinary claims,
Like saying he's the Lamb of God, whose sacrifice compels
All sinners to believe in him, or burn in endless hell.

For even if the legends of his “miracles” were true,
(Just speaking from an onlooker's subjective point of view)
This, still, is not the kind of evidence I need to see.
The stories that I once believed, are not convincing me.

No, I've seen one too many, looking like a stupid ass,
Praying to the salt-stain, underneath an overpass,
To think that people can't be fooled, especially back then,
Or swallow all the dogmas, and the myths I can't defend.
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

Solomon Zorn

Jesus: "Hey, Dad? About this 'sacrificial-lamb-for-the-sins-of-the-world' plan? Aren't you actually just sacrificing me, to yourself, to appease your own anger?"

God: "Shut-up, and eat your challa!"
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

Baruch

Quote from: Solomon Zorn on April 05, 2017, 06:27:59 AM
Jesus: "Hey, Dad? About this 'sacrificial-lamb-for-the-sins-of-the-world' plan? Aren't you actually just sacrificing me, to yourself, to appease your own anger?"

You don't know challa.  We have challa on Friday with worship.  Challa isn't matzo ... though matzo is a good cracker.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Recently, It has become fashionable for theists to forego the "prove Christianity wrong" argument , and instead just attack science, as Drew is attempting to do.  I think theists are beginning to realize the weakness of faith, when they begin to venture out into the world of observation and question.  I always thought faith was the best argument for belief, however.  It doesn't prove anything about the gods, but it is the best explanation one can offer for his belief, and I usually accept that as honest, although not logical, but honest and sincere (usually). 

Perhaps with the realization of the emptiness of faith, they feel they can get a leg up by claiming that science suffers from all the fallacies of religion.  They can make it appear that the choice is between two illogical extremes, and people might as well throw away reason, and join forces with theists on the grounds that science and religion operate under identical constraints.

Correct, but I am willing to accept that the faith is real, misguided or not.  Not for all theists, of course.  Some are just little shit's pretending to have faith, but some actually do have faith, and I believe it can offer comfort.  I disagree with the philosophy of course, but I don't find it offensive if it is sincere.

When theists drift away from faith, which I see as the most reasonable defense, and instead try to twist and/or attack logic and science to justify the usual creationist flim flam, they abandon their faith, which is their strongest asset, and instead, make a shambles trying to redefine logic and the legitimate acquisition of knowledge to suit their needs.

trdsf

Quote from: Godis on April 04, 2017, 03:55:08 PM
trdsf,  That's not the way it works.  There is no middle ground.  You are fully accountable or you're not.   Idiocy is different than pure and unadulterated stupidity because an idiot doesn't have the mental capacity or clarity to understand the implications of their choices and actions, whereas a stupid person does have the capacity to weigh evidence mentally, but still chooses to make a fatal decision for really stupid reasons.  You should be glad you're a wise coward atheist who chooses not to say putrid things about Jesus rather than a fully accountable totally stupid atheist that does!
Well, yes it is the way it works.  Cowardice has nothing to do with it.  You want me to assert, for example, that Jeshua bar-Joseph was a goatfucker?  Why?  I have no evidence he was -- if he even existed in the first place.

And that's the difference between you and me: it means something to me to respect evidence.  I am not going to be a hypocrite for you.

I have no need to impress you, and you have no right to demand that of me.

All you want is ego masturbation.  You want to feel holier than thou, and I'm not going to play that game.  You'll have to find some other way to feed your pathetic little self-image.

And, may I add, how very typically Christian of you -- you are being a perfect example of what I meant by hating what religion does to people.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

SGOS

Quote from: Solomon Zorn on April 05, 2017, 06:27:59 AM

God and Jesus being one and the same, except not quite, would be God sacrificing himself for three days.  Think about that.  And at the end, God turns out not to be dead at all.  <Ta Daah!>  God takes a step forward and offers a grandiose bow to the Roman audience, who are all looking at each other asking, "Did that really happen, or not?"  It would have been a theatrical production that topped even Orson Welles' radio broadcast of  "War of the Worlds," where listeners started dumping their stocks in anticipation of the end of times.

Drew_2017

QuoteRecently, It has become fashionable for theists to forego the "prove Christianity wrong" argument , and instead just attack science, as Drew is attempting to do.

I don't recall attacking science or promoting any religious belief show me where I did or kindly retract your statement...
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
Albert Einstein

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jex6k2uvf9aljrq/theism.rtf?dl=0

SGOS

Quote from: Drew_2017 on April 05, 2017, 10:55:22 AM
I don't recall attacking science or promoting any religious belief show me where I did or kindly retract your statement...
If you are that obtuse, you will be demanding your retraction until the second coming.