News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Eternal Return

Started by viocjit, September 08, 2020, 12:32:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viocjit

When I think about the ultimate fate of the universe.
I think about the possibility of a new big bang identical to the one we had.
If that happens. Does it means we will back and have an identical life with a score of 100% ?
If that happens. Will we have a conscience composed of the same atoms or it will be another us because it would be like a double in a parallel universe.

If the new big bang will create a parallel universe with a double of us ?

Do we live in a simulation ? I don't think so but why not. Maybe the universe is a simulation that is long to run (Calculate the time between big bang and now) at our scale but short for those who are using simulation. Maybe 1 billion year correspond to 1 hour , less or more for those who play with us if we are in a simulation.
How can we be sure we were alive 1 minute ago or if this is not an illusion created by a simulation or a division of an universe in the multiverse ? I think I was really there but ....

Article on Wikipedia about ultimate fate of the universe : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultimate_fate_of_the_universe
Article on Wikipedia concerning timeline of the far future : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_the_far_future
Article on Wikipedia about simulation hypothesis : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simulation_hypothesis

SGOS

I don't think we can have another beginning of the universe until this one is gone, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say there will be no carry over of your soul into the new universe.

At any rate, I think I recall having this conversation 50 years ago in college at 3:00 AM while smoking pot.

drunkenshoe

How is it that something sooo enormous and moving beyond itself that can only be defined mathematically to make sense is subjected to a question -or answer, expectation, anticipation- of existence, from the point of view of a species that have existed less than a second (couple of million years) in a planet with a life time of four and a half billion years, in a thirteen and a half billions year old of universe, in philosophical terms? What happens? If happens? ?

No, I don't think we live in a simulation. It's another expression of human narcissism. It's like the AI scenarios... an ultimate 'machine' so evolved by itself, it only cares about how to govern us for our good or bad, and in the end makes better warriors of us; making us heroes,lol.

It's about humans being special, over and over again. If not created as special, it is surely fucking coded as special. Or some alien made a special experiment. While the whole universe is flowing with the original material for life, drowning in fertility to create countless life, somebody surely made a simulation just to make us or in any case we are turned out to be a very -special- surprising result indeed. And surely in the future of death or rebirth of that unimaginable vastness, we would be coming back in some way.

All of them are the same bullshit. Different versions of the special creature of the creator stories.

We'll all just overbreed, kill the planet, eat each other like mice and die, perish forever. Like any other species. I swear, I'm so fucking sick of this...
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

Honey bees:  Be more social, be an infertile clone of the Queen
Bumble bees:  Be less social, hold my pollen
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Baruch on September 08, 2020, 03:50:02 PM
Honey bees:  Be more social, be an infertile clone of the Queen
Bumble bees:  Be less social, hold my pollen

Killer Bees: Support equality, kill everything in sight...hold my beer.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on September 08, 2020, 04:37:36 PM
Killer Bees: Support equality, kill everything in sight...hold my beer.

Totalitarianism works, but few will enjoy it
Individualism works, provided it isn't sociopathic, more will enjoy it
Sociopathy doesn't work, its self destructive, no one will enjoy it

Fortunately killer bees coming up from S America (after being brought in from Africa) have been tamed by inter-breeding with siesta bees in Mexico ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SoldierofFortune

Maybe they who has created the simulation in which we are living wants us to understand that we are living in a simulation.
But why do they want that?
And then they must be so very superior than us(the simulated ones) and their understanding is beyond ours because they has succeeded in creating us and they are almost gods to us.
but hey, how can they know that they are really living in the ''real'' universe and they weren't be created some other more intelligent ones... This is an infinite cycle...

drunkenshoe

I get the feeling that Geralt wants to have sex with me so often, I'm always sure it is about to happen very soon.

Baruch

Quote from: SoldierofFortune on September 08, 2020, 05:26:23 PM
Maybe they who has created the simulation in which we are living wants us to understand that we are living in a simulation.
But why do they want that?
And then they must be so very superior than us(the simulated ones) and their understanding is beyond ours because they has succeeded in creating us and they are almost gods to us.
but hey, how can they know that they are really living in the ''real'' universe and they weren't be created some other more intelligent ones... This is an infinite cycle...

Stand between two mirrors.  It is simulation all the way down (what you see is in your head, what it might be outside your head is a pragmatic method).  That is what consciousness is.  Except it you, a demi-god who is doing this.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Baruch on September 08, 2020, 05:59:26 PM
Stand between two mirrors.  It is simulation all the way down (what you see is in your head, what it might be outside your head is a pragmatic method).  That is what consciousness is.  Except it you, a demi-god who is doing this.

*Lily Weatherwax approves this. *Esmeralda Weatherwax kicks her ass. "This one."

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on September 08, 2020, 06:07:48 PM
*Lily Weatherwax approves this. *Esmeralda Weatherwax kicks her ass. "This one."

Humans can think about and talk about themselves in 3rd, 4th ... person.  No other animal is this stupid.  Shark sees food.  Shark eats food.  No cogitation required!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Baruch on September 08, 2020, 07:10:17 PM
Humans can think about and talk about themselves in 3rd, 4th ... person.  No other animal is this stupid.  Shark sees food.  Shark eats food.  No cogitation required!

Have you ever head of Terry Pratchett?

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mr.Obvious

My favorite author.

Granny Weatherwax is awesome.
Wasn't a fan of Equal Rites, but she grew. And she grew one me.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

aitm

Quote from: viocjit on September 08, 2020, 12:32:52 PM
When I think about the ultimate fate of the universe.
I think about the possibility of a new big bang identical to the one we had.
If that happens. Does it means we will back and have an identical life with a score of 100% ?
If that happens. Will we have a conscience composed of the same atoms or it will be another us because it would be like a double in a parallel universe.

If the new big bang will create a parallel universe with a double of us ?

Do we live in a simulation ? I don't think so but why not. Maybe the universe is a simulation that is long to run (Calculate the time between big bang and now) at our scale but short for those who are using simulation. Maybe 1 billion year correspond to 1 hour , less or more for those who play with us if we are in a simulation.
How can we be sure we were alive 1 minute ago or if this is not an illusion created by a simulation or a division of an universe in the multiverse ? I think I was really there but ....

Article on Wikipedia about ultimate fate of the universe : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultimate_fate_of_the_universe
Article on Wikipedia concerning timeline of the far future : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_the_far_future
Article on Wikipedia about simulation hypothesis : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simulation_hypothesis
I could not think of a worse scenario for the millions born with severe deformities. "What? I gotta be this way again"? That's fucked up
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust