News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Impeach Trump????

Started by fencerider, September 30, 2017, 11:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: trdsf on December 21, 2019, 12:53:41 PM
One former Republican senator has said that if the impeachment trial were a secret ballot in the Senate rather than a roll call vote, maybe 35 Republican senators would vote to convict.  But since they have to go on the record, they're all too scared of the Infant-In-Chief.

I long for a latter-day Barry Goldwater, who told Nixon just before the resignation, "You have maybe 15 votes in the Senate and I'm not one of them."

The fact that in legislature secret ballot, or ballot by shouting is even allowed, is anti-democratic.  Every vote should be recorded-by-representative.

So you are supporting the Republican Never-Trumpers like John Bolton and the other neo-Cons?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

'USMCA PASSED BY HOUSE, DELAYED BY SENATE DUE TO IMPEACHMENT" ... quid pro quo.  Happens all the time in politics.  It isn't impeachable.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Jason Harvestdancer

I went to court once to fight a traffic ticket.  I know, it is a hopeless endeavor, but I do it anyway.  This one time I got lucky, the officer failed to show.  The case was dismissed for failure to prosecute.

If Pelosi really does withhold the impeachment from the Senate, could this be the result?
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

SGOS

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on December 21, 2019, 11:48:21 PM
I went to court once to fight a traffic ticket.  I know, it is a hopeless endeavor, but I do it anyway.  This one time I got lucky, the officer failed to show.  The case was dismissed for failure to prosecute.

If Pelosi really does withhold the impeachment from the Senate, could this be the result?
All I can see is that it gives us something to talk about.  Impeachments are just political show anyway.  In my case, it was informative, because I didn't know Trump tried to force the Ukraine to investigate Biden until the Dems brought this to light, although it doesn't change any pointless opinion I would have on he matter.  And not many others will change their opinion either.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on December 22, 2019, 08:21:26 AM
All I can see is that it gives us something to talk about.  Impeachments are just political show anyway.  In my case, it was informative, because I didn't know Trump tried to force the Ukraine to investigate Biden until the Dems brought this to light, although it doesn't change any pointless opinion I would have on he matter.  And not many others will change their opinion either.

Ukraine is a very corrupt oligarchical fascist state.  Created by Obama/Biden/Clinton.  They have "fake" corruption investigations in every country (one oligarchy faction against another, same as the impeachment here), all the time, including the US.  Wherever wealth or power are free for the taking.  Biden brought his own corruption to light, when he admitted on camera, and bragged, that he got a quid pro quo to protect his own son from previous Ukrainian investigators.  Is there such a thing as immorality or illegality?  If not, then neither Biden nor Trump did anything wrong.  No one has.

Or are Dems just jealous they didn't get the $50K per month job in a country where they don't know the language or know the industry.  And the same Biden family went on to grift more recently from the Chinese.  And the Pelosi family, Schiff family and Romney family also grifted in the Ukraine.  Grifting US taxpayer money, perviously gifted to a fascist government.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

SGOS

Quote“I never understood wind,” Trump said,
This isn't really rocket science, so I'm guessing he means he doesn't understand the need for wind power.

Quote“I know windmills very much, I have studied it better than anybody."
Better than anybody?  Holy shit!  That sounds like an exaggeration, or more likely from a guy who actually knows hardly anything.

QuoteI know it is very expensive.
Well lands sakes.  He obviously does know a lot.  It makes me wonder why they even bother to build them.

QuoteThey are made in China and Germany mostly,
Communists and Nazis!  I'm sticking with fossil fuels.

Quote... tremendous fumes and gases are spewing into the atmosphere. You know we have a world, right?”
I looked up where this came from.  Apparently, he's talking about how environmentally dangerous wind farms are, spewing fumes and gasses into the atmosphere.  This is good for us to know.  Wind farms are worse than burning fossil fuels.  They will probably cause global warming.  Fossil fuels are the only way to prevent global warming (which will never happen anyway, because it's just a liberal conspiracy to wreck our economy and pollute the atmosphere).

Shiranu

QuoteI looked up where this came from.  Apparently, he's talking about how environmentally dangerous wind farms are, spewing fumes and gasses into the atmosphere.

I want to believe he meant the production of them, but then I remember he has stated multiple times that wind turbines (an entirely different thing than windmills that he calls them...) cause cancer, and if iirc he stated because of the vibrations they cause.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Wind turbines don't grow on trees.  They have to be manufactured.  It takes polluting industry to generate and maintain them.  Same as solar thermal or solar electric panels.  There are practical problems integrating these technologies into the existing electric grid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5cm7HOAqZY

I have been in favor of wind and solar power since before 1980.  I originally wanted to work in that sector.  But that was before Reagan who ended the Carter subsidies.

The Chinese have many financial and industrial tentacles, thanks to WalMart and their shoppers ;-)  The energy sector is no different.  China itself wants to lead, not follow the US.  Anyone remember Solyndra and Obama's total defeat by the Chinese on solar electric panels?  And of course, China and India are immune from demands that they stop burning carbon.

Green Party ignorance and deliberate blindness … doesn't become the smart people posting here.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Quote from: Baruch on December 23, 2019, 10:27:54 AM
Wind turbines don't grow on trees.  They have to be manufactured.  It takes polluting industry to generate and maintain them.  Same as solar thermal or solar electric panels.
No kidding, Sherlock.  And just as obvious is the fact that these technologies are FAR less polluting that the coal plants they're designed to replace.

QuoteI have been in favor of wind and solar power since before 1980.
And yet, whenever the topic of renewables comes up, you claim that it'll never be feasible - even while these technologies are feasibly working in many countries. Clearly, you're lying in at least one instance.

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Unbeliever

He'll get away with all of that, and more.
God Not Found

Hydra009

Unbeliever

“I am the most fabulous whiner. I do whine because I want to win. And I’m not happy if I’m not winning. I’m a whiner and I keep whining and whining until I win.”
Donald J. Trump, in an interview with Chris Cuomo in 2015
God Not Found