News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Impeach Trump????

Started by fencerider, September 30, 2017, 11:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ferdmonger

Quote from: Baruch on July 25, 2018, 07:54:45 PM
Cut out the Middle Man.  I would vote directly for Putin myself.  He looks better without a shirt than Hillary or Donald.

Oh... I like it but the visual is just nasty.  Thanks a lot. 

I'm heading for the liquor cabinet in hopes that whiskey will cleanse the palate.

Baruch

Quote from: ferdmonger on July 25, 2018, 08:23:20 PM
Oh... I like it but the visual is just nasty.  Thanks a lot. 

I'm heading for the liquor cabinet in hopes that whiskey will cleanse the palate.

Russians are superior men ... and Western dandies just can't handle it.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Sam Seder?  Last name is Jewish.  Why are you watching that Rothschild mouthpiece?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

What!?

That's one of the most stupid things I've ever seen you ask - and that's saying a lot!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbHnvWjhhCw
God Not Found

Baruch

You responded, didn't you?  Mission Accomplished!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

God Not Found

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

trdsf

I am irresistably reminded of the summer of 1973:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0sNwyV_fEM

Turns out (surprise surprise) the Orange Disaster Area knew about the meeting between his aides and a Russian delegation.

In other news, the Congressional GOP continues to sit on their collective ass and do nothing about their crook in the White House, when we all know they would've started impeachment hearings on any Democrat with a twentieth the dirt that's already been dug up on Lord Dampnut.

Oh no, the one they want to impeach is Rod Rosenstein.  Basically for just doing his job.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Mike Cl

Quote from: trdsf on July 27, 2018, 10:28:35 AM

In other news, the Congressional GOP continues to sit on their collective ass and do nothing about their crook in the White House, when we all know they would've started impeachment hearings...
I am beginning to think that they are not doing nothing; they seem to be working overtime to keep the truth from the US public and to block having anything done to Trump.  Money runs deep.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Hydra009

Quote from: trdsf on July 27, 2018, 10:28:35 AMOh no, the one they want to impeach is Rod Rosenstein.  Basically for just doing his job.
I heard about that.  A family member said that the House was bringing up articles of impeachment.  I was briefly impressed by their sudden courage against Il Dunce.  Turns out it's just Trump sycophants with an axe to grind against the Old Guard for making The Don uncomfortable.  :/

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on July 27, 2018, 11:19:41 AM
I heard about that.  A family member said that the House was bringing up articles of impeachment.  I was briefly impressed by their sudden courage against Il Dunce.  Turns out it's just Trump sycophants with an axe to grind against the Old Guard for making The Don uncomfortable.  :/

Impeachment against Rosenstein, for delaying or obfuscating documents demanded by Congress.  Nothing will happen.  Citizens can go back to sheep (I mean sleep).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Yeah, I heard they backed off on the Rosenstein impeachment, at least for now. But for crying out loud, on July 4th(!) the GOP were in Moscow glad-handing the Russians!
God Not Found

trdsf

Quote from: Mike Cl on July 27, 2018, 11:13:59 AM
I am beginning to think that they are not doing nothing; they seem to be working overtime to keep the truth from the US public and to block having anything done to Trump.  Money runs deep.
See, that's the part that doesn't make sense.  A lot of them -- at least the leadership -- have been in politics long enough to know that they're going to get clobbered this November despite the brave face they try to put on it, and a significant chunk of the money is going to follow the power, not their party, and they can't not know that.  Worse, even some of their traditional sugar daddies like the Kochs are known to be squeamish about the Orange Disaster Area, especially with trade war talk in the air.

So mainstream Republicans are either not fired up about voting this fall, or are pissed off about what their party leader is doing and going to vote for someone else (not necessarily the Democrat, just not the Republican) if they vote at all, independents are swinging away from them hard, and Democrats are more fired up than they've been in ages.  If you go over the polling -- take your choice of sites, 538, RCP, Sabato -- even the built-in gerrymandered advantage isn't going to help them beyond mitigating the damage.  And the only thing they can count on the Orange Disaster Area to do is aperiodically dip his oar in with something that's only going to piss off more people than it pleases.  They can't get elected on their knuckledraggers alone (in most places).  I think that's why so many of them are retiring this year, they want to leave before they get kicked out.

I'll get the popcorn.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Mike Cl

Quote from: trdsf on July 27, 2018, 02:24:13 PM
See, that's the part that doesn't make sense.  A lot of them -- at least the leadership -- have been in politics long enough to know that they're going to get clobbered this November despite the brave face they try to put on it, and a significant chunk of the money is going to follow the power, not their party, and they can't not know that.  Worse, even some of their traditional sugar daddies like the Kochs are known to be squeamish about the Orange Disaster Area, especially with trade war talk in the air.

So mainstream Republicans are either not fired up about voting this fall, or are pissed off about what their party leader is doing and going to vote for someone else (not necessarily the Democrat, just not the Republican) if they vote at all, independents are swinging away from them hard, and Democrats are more fired up than they've been in ages.  If you go over the polling -- take your choice of sites, 538, RCP, Sabato -- even the built-in gerrymandered advantage isn't going to help them beyond mitigating the damage.  And the only thing they can count on the Orange Disaster Area to do is aperiodically dip his oar in with something that's only going to piss off more people than it pleases.  They can't get elected on their knuckledraggers alone (in most places).  I think that's why so many of them are retiring this year, they want to leave before they get kicked out.

I'll get the popcorn.
I want so very much to go along with what you just said.  It makes sense.  It is very reasonable.  That's the problem for me, though.  Reasoning seems to have gone out the window.  I still have this sinking feeling (can't sink much more, can it??????) that the Repubs will still be in control after Nov.  Doesn't make sense, isn't reasonable---but there it is.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?