News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

I have an issue with the bible.

Started by NilDesperandum, July 26, 2013, 11:08:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NilDesperandum

It' a bunch of BS, but like anything, there are gems of insight inside. How do I reconcile this with my closed atheist mind. How come science doesn't help me when I am at the nadir of human existence? Please help.

Solitary

Quote from: "NilDesperandum"It' a bunch of BS, but like anything, there are gems of insight inside. How do I reconcile this with my closed atheist mind. How come science doesn't help me when I am at the nadir of human existence? Please help.

Buddha had it right when he said we would be better off if we were never born. Bill
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Youssuf Ramadan

Quote from: "NilDesperandum"It' a bunch of BS, but like anything, there are gems of insight inside.

Much like many other religious texts.  Human emotions haven't changed that much in 3000 years, but many of us are better able to connect cause and effect these days without invoking a cosmic superwizard.

Quote from: "NilDesperandum"How do I reconcile this with my closed atheist mind.

In my experience atheists are open-minded and receptive to new ideas when supported by evidence.  The more religious someone is, the more closed their mind is to reality, even when supported by overwhelming evidence.

Quote from: "NilDesperandum"How come science doesn't help me when I am at the nadir of human existence? Please help.

Try antidepressants.  :wink:

wolf39us